View Poll Results: Who belongs on Mt. Hatemore? (Please pick only 4)

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moonpie23

23 28.75%
  • Throatybeard

37 46.25%
  • OZZIE4DUKE

46 57.50%
  • Sagegrouse

5 6.25%
  • budwom

4 5.00%
  • Packman97

20 25.00%
  • Duvall

1 1.25%
  • weezie

38 47.50%
  • dukehky

1 1.25%
  • Jarhead

2 2.50%
  • devildeac

40 50.00%
  • Newton_14

34 42.50%
  • lotusland

1 1.25%
  • Bostondevil

4 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mt. Hatemore - What DBR Poster Hates UNC the most? (The poll)

In a thread a few days ago, we posited the question "Which DBR poster hates UNC the most?"

The response was... predictably overwhelming.

As such, rather than pick *one* DBR poster who hates UNC the most, we're going with the top 4, to be placed on the annual "Mt. Hatemore" of UNC hate.

This poll will let you pick 4 of the most vitriolic UNC haters on the board. It closes in a week.

The criteria:

- Hate for hate's sake: The hate doesn't have to have any rhyme or reason. It just has to be authentic.
    - History: What's the backstory of your hate?
    - Activity: You need to be active on the boards to be nominated. Hate doesn't work unless it's heard.
    - Contributions: jokes, memes, traditions all welcome

This list is not all inclusive; it's just from those who were nominated. In fact, I know there are some worthy candidates omitted. I even left myself out. If you felt slighted, please state your concerns.

Winners get a bag full of nothing, but I could always put their screen names on this pic:

Perhaps a mod can merge the two threads to consolidate.

9F9F9F9F

This is so wonderfully hilarious. How bad does it look to vote for yourself?

It's been a while since I wore my hair center-parted and long but T. Jefferson might look good as me.

Oh, forgot to mention what an absolute HONOR it is to be included on such a distinguished list of gentlepeople.
    Could be one of my crowning achievements just being in the poll.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I am looking forward to a stimulating inaugural address.

Cool :)

In the true spirit of politics, I'm open for any and all bribes for my vote. I know y'all won't let me down!

I'm deeply honored to have been nominated and, if elected, will continue to loathe and despise all things colored cheating blue. More stories/jokes later today. I might even repeat my "fill it with cement" joke here just so more folks can hopefully read and appreciate its width and depth of hatred.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Will there be four faces on Mount Hatemore? May we only vote once?

BTW, it is most fitting that we institute this award this year. Along with Cameron turning 75, Mt. Rushmore does, too.
    Love, Ima

Mount_Rushmore_National_Memorial.jpg

Oh what I'd give to Photoshop a version of this!
    Love, Ima

of course i voted for moonie cause i've SEEN that hate at work in casual-turn-to-scorched-earth conversations at bars and restaurants..

when it comes to UNC, the lewis black "inside out" character takes the com.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm deeply honored to have been nominated and, if elected, will continue to loathe and despise all things colored cheating blue. More stories/jokes later today. I might even repeat my "fill it with cement" joke here just so more folks can hopefully read and appreciate its width and depth of hatred.
    You're sure it's true loathing and despising, and not just antipathy or aversion? It's very important to not have the wrong people holding this position.

And will these stalwarts be referred to as the Gang of Four?

Quote Originally Posted by PSurprise View Post
    In the true spirit of politics, I'm open for any and all bribes for my vote. I know y'all won't let me down!
    Bribes, eh???

Hmmm, wonder what I'll be doing with those Cameron tix that I sometimes can't use in the pre-season....
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    of course i voted for moonie cause i've SEEN that hate at work in casual-turn-to-scorched-earth conversations at bars and restaurants..

when it comes to UNC, the lewis black "inside out" character takes the com.
    Lewis Black went to UNC. True.

Maybe that's what makes him so angry.

The statistical model on this subject is clear:

chart.jpg

It's mainly just a matter of figuring out how much time everyone has spent in North Carolina.

Ok, so here's the brash proclamation i made to 12 client/friends. (4 of them unc fans)

IF any of the holes' natty banners come down, i am springing for no-holds-barred dinner for 12 at Sullivans in raleigh, followed by a stretch limo ride to chapel where i will moon roof the entire ride down franklin street, and around campus screaming at the top of my lungs: "HOW 'BOUT THEM HEELS????? HOW BOUT THEM HEELS?

until arrested, where i will be filmed by every iphone present CONTINUING to ask the Chapel Hill police the very same question (until tazed, where i will switch to "don't taze me, bro")

Bail and attorney already covered...

that's how i roll
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Ok, so here's the brash proclamation i made to 12 client/friends. (4 of them unc fans)

IF any of the holes' natty banners come down, i am springing for no-holds-barred dinner for 12 at Sullivans in raleigh, followed by a stretch limo ride to chapel where i will moon roof the entire ride down franklin street, and around campus screaming at the top of my lungs: "HOW 'BOUT THEM HEELS????? HOW BOUT THEM HEELS?

until arrested, where i will be filmed by every iphone present CONTINUING to ask the Chapel Hill police the very same question (until tazed, where i will switch to "don't taze me, bro")

Bail and attorney already covered...

that's how i roll
    Damn. I have already voted on this thread.

It's now 2045 and all the old school ACC MBB coaches have died and ascended to heaven (yet, it's a bit of a stretch but use your imagination) and it's ol' roy's turn (again, please bear with me) to chat with St. Peter. He looks at his credentials, grinds his teeth and grudgingly says, "OK, come with me." He leads him to a small cottage at the bottom of a hell, err, hill, and tells him it is his new home. Coach Williams is rather sheepish about the modest nature of his dwelling and bolsters up a bit of courage and says to St. Peter, "That seems a bit small" and St Peter replied that a lot of folks had passed away recently and they were a bit short on new homes. Roy stammered, "But I won more than 500 games (twice), was elected to the basketball hall of fame and won (*) two national titles and thought I deserved a bit better" as he noted the mansion near the top of the hill. This was a large, lovely, brick 3 story with a magnificently manicured massive lawn, huge columns in front of the house, a large circular driveway in front and an olympic sized pool in the back. He did find it curious that there were 12 National Championship banners for MBB hanging from the upper balcony and 55 retired jerseys adorning and lamp posts lining the driveway and they were all in Pantome 287. Roy stuttered again, "I really expected a much larger house closer to the top of the hill like God's house up there." St Peter finally had heard enough and said, "That's not God's house, that's Mike Krzyzewski's. And despite what all you lying, cheating c*rolina bastards think and say, God is not a t*rh**l and you can just go to hell!"

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Damn. I have already voted on this thread.
    Remember that Duke fan in the nomination thread that said "fill it with cement?" That was me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Mount_Rushmore_National_Memorial.jpg

Oh what I'd give to Photoshop a version of this!
    Love, Ima
    I would be honored to offer my Photoshop skills to this endeavor. If you need a portfolio example check
    here.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    You're sure it's true loathing and despising, and not just antipathy or aversion? It's very important to not have the wrong people holding this position.
    I'm absolutely certain it's abhorrence and abomination. The election will not be taken lightly or whimsically.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm absolutely certain it's abhorrence and abomination. The election will not be taken lightly or whimsically.
    I sense true execration. I knew my vote was not misplaced. There is no doubt that you will discharge the obligations of your office admirably.