Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
I just watched the animated movie 'Home' with Jim Parsons, Rihanna, and Steve Martin. I also watched Inside Out in the theatres a couple months ago. I will say that I like Home better. It is a DreamWorks production but I think it's right up there with the Pixar movies. I liked Inside Out, but I thought it was a little too deep for smaller kids. I was moved more by Inside Out but I like the message of family in Home as well.

They are both very good movies. I didn't see a thread for Home anywhere and I just thought it was worth a mention.
Ummm, I'm glad you enjoyed it but it was pretty darn mediocre. It is ok when lined up next to Minions or the recent Madagascar films and the such but comparing it to something as thoughtful and well-crafted as Inside Out... well, Home comes up woefully short. Inside Out is going to end up on many, many "Ten Best" lists at the end of this year (98% on Rotten Tomatoes) and is proving to be one of the most popular movies of the year with regular moviegoers as well (90% on Flixster). By comparison, Home is at 45% on Rotten Tomatoes and just 65% on Flixster. In other words 2 out of every 3 people who see it do not like it.

-Jason "my personal assessment of Home may be a tad off I think I dozed off once or twice while watching it" Evans