Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Least Favorite Professional Athlete That Plays on One of Your Teams

I'm an North Carolina native and my only lifelong team is the Blue Devils. I will never have a least favorite Blue Devil.

But, when it comes to professional sports, I have adopted all of the hometown teams. (If you made me rank them it would Red Sox/Bruins/Patriots/Celtics) So, Rajon Rondo quit on the Dallas Mavericks and now he's out, indefinitely, with a "back injury". I was not sorry for a second to see him go when the Celtics, finally, traded him.

But now that he's gone - who is my least favorite current Boston professional athlete? After 15 minutes of careful thought, I gotta go with Milan Lucic. I hate to admit it, but, I kinda think he's a punk. (Still crying over the Boychuk trade.)

If I understand your meaning of least favorite, this is an easy one for me. Danny Green, San Antonio Spurs. Ex-Tarheel, enough said.

B.J. Upton. Bless his heart.

Josh Hamilton. I think no explanation is needed.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Thankfully not relevant anymore, but before this season, Mike Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Thankfully not relevant anymore, but before this season, Mike Wallace.
    Mark Malone.

Why limit this to athletes? John Malone.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Ben Roethlisberger. Scumbag. Every season I hope his leg breaks.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

A-Rod
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I generally stop rooting for teams with players I don't like, outside of Duke.

This is not easy. I don't root for any SoCal team except the Galaxy, so that rules out Kobe, Hamilton, and all the obnoxious thugs on the Kings. Robbie Keane is a bit of a jerk, i guess.

I grew up in the NY area, so Caemelo Anthony is a possibility.

I guess i have to go with the most over-paid and overrated player in European football, Mario Balotelli.

golden state...

you know who...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

The only pro team I care for -- in any sport -- is the Yankees (I've ditched the Braves after years of being a Braves fan).

The only Yankee that I actively dislike is A-Roid. I don't care if he does return to form as a top hitter -- I'd rather lose without the cheating bastard than to win with him.

Chicharito on Real Madrid for me. Even when he scores goals, I cannot stand him. I need him to depart my team's facilities immediately.

Before that, it was Josh Smith and Charlie Villanueva on the Pistons. But now, both of them are no longer on the team. Thank the based basketball gods!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

I've pretty well sworn off pro sports as a general matter, but Dan strUggla elicited a very large number of four-letter utterances from me when I was still rooting for the Braves. Honorable mention to BJ Upton.

As a Jacksonville Jaguars fan, I find Justin Blackmon to be awful but hes barely a team member these days since he can't stop smoking weed and getting into trouble. The jags say he is still in the long term plans of the franchise but at this point I assume he will be let go eventually.

My other team is the Heat, and it used to be Chris Bosh who I hated. But I can't hate him now not after what has happened to him and the love hes shown to us fans. So that hate naturally goes to Mario Chalmers now who I had high hopes for this season but continued to disappoint. Hopefully the Heat can find a way to get rid of him soon, even though he wants to be a Heat Lifer. Also I am not sold on Hassan Whiteside yet, sure hes a beast who came out of no where. However he came out of no where because he was a punk and he can still be a punk. Hopefully D. Wade and Udonis Haslem can get into his head this offseason and teach him what being a professional is all about.

Most loved pro athlete of all time is of course D. Wade. The guy has given everything to Miami, and Dade county is more recognizable ad Wade county at this point. His career is coming to an end soon and he will be terribly missed.

Jay Cutler.

And if GarPax and Thibs hadn't made me utterly apathetic about the Bulls, Kirk Hinrich, who really is just a vessel to hold my distaste for GarPax and Thibs. It really isn't Kirk's fault the franchise seems to think he's still 2007 Kirk and not 2015 Kirk.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRFORCEDUKIE View Post
    As a Jacksonville Jaguars fan..
    Those exist? I've never met one. Actually, I'm just being bitter because, for some reason, the TV networks think those of us in the Savannah area should be Jaguars fans. Every time I tune in hoping to see the prime national NFL matchup, we get the Jaguars. I mean, the whole country is watching Minnesota vs Green Bay, and we get J-ville vs Baltimore. Each time, I hate the Jaguars a little more.

/rant

A-Fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    Those exist? I've never met one. Actually, I'm just being bitter because, for some reason, the TV networks think those of us in the Savannah area should be Jaguars fans. Every time I tune in hoping to see the prime national NFL matchup, we get the Jaguars. I mean, the whole country is watching Minnesota vs Green Bay, and we get J-ville vs Baltimore. Each time, I hate the Jaguars a little more.

/rant
    Yes we are out there and waiting for our return to awesomeness. Its been a really long 10 years though, and I will admit to getting a bit tired of the losing. However as much as I love the Heat for some reason I cannot bring myself to like the Dolphins. Which is good because as much misery as I have experienced as a Jags fan, I think my Dolphins fan buddies suffer more. Because, they actually think their team is going to make that leap to be a superbowl contender every year, then they are heart broken as the team slides into mediocrity every year. As a Jags fan I know that we just got a new owner and a new coach and GM so we are starting over and its only really year 2 of that restart process. I think it will take a few more years before I can say we are playoff contenders.