Thread: DBR Android App

DBR Android App

I know this has been discussed before, but I have entered the WiFi world and have need for an Android App for DBR and I have not been able to find one. Will someone please graciously direct me to the correct location?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I know this has been discussed before, but I have entered the WiFi world and have need for an Android App for DBR and I have not been able to find one. Will someone please graciously direct me to the correct location?

Thanks...
    For the board or the main site? We have a nice mobile skin on the board for your mobile browser of choice. The main site also goes mobile reasonably well.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    For the board or the main site? We have a nice mobile skin on the board for your mobile browser of choice. The main site also goes mobile reasonably well.

-jk
    The board will be adequate. Where can I find it? And thank you.

The board will be adequate. Where can I find it? And thank you.
    As I said, there's no app. At the bottom of every page, though, there's a pull down where you can choose between "blue" (full screen) and "mobile" (small screen). The choice persists on the device's browser until you change it (or clear cookies).

-jk

As I said, there's no app. At the bottom of every page, though, there's a pull down where you can choose between "blue" (full screen) and "mobile" (small screen). The choice persists on the device's browser until you change it (or clear cookies).

-jk
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I already found that. I thought I recalled that there was an App. Maybe one of our resident geniuses can create such an animal.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I already found that. I thought I recalled that there was an App. Maybe one of our resident geniuses can create such an animal.
    Um... Why? What would an app add? Besides an additional advertising platform. (Give me a good rationale, and maybe we'll do it...)

-jk

Um... Why? What would an app add? Besides an additional advertising platform. (Give me a good rationale, and maybe we'll do it...)

-jk
    Easier to access. 90% of my DBRing is done on my phone. I have to open the chrome app, type "d" in the search bar, then click the first link that pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Easier to access. 90% of my DBRing is done on my phone. I have to open the chrome app, type "d" in the search bar, then click the first link that pops up.
    Oh, the horror!! Maybe you can lobby Google to be able to set a homepage on your phone.

(Wait, can you do that?? I don't think you can)

Easier than what? We have a good mobile skin. Oh... Maybe you're getting that one. (Which Chrome app? Didn't know we had one. Yikes!)

-jk

So you're looking for one-click access? Ask, and ye shall receive.

Here's how to do it:
    1. Open Chrome and navigate to the DBR page you want to open (main page, EK Board, Off-Topic, or whatever you'd like).
    2. Press the menu button (three vertical dots in the upper right corner)
    3. Select Add to homescreen.
    4. Adjust the selected title for the icon, if desired, and tap Add.
    5. Admire your new icon that lets you tap directly to the DBR page of your choice. Tap on it frequently.

Repeat for all the other websites you wish had a dedicated app.

Firefox users:

1. Open Firefox and navigate to the desired page.
    2. Press the phone's menu button.
    3. Select Page >
    4. Select Add to homescreen.
    5. Go to your homescreen and admire your new icon. Tap on it frequently.
    Last edited by devil84; 04-16-2015 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Added Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    So you're looking for one-click access? Ask, and ye shall receive.

Here's how to do it:
    1. Open Chrome and navigate to the DBR page you want to open (main page, EK Board, Off-Topic, or whatever you'd like).
    2. Press the menu button (three vertical dots in the upper right corner)
    3. Select Add to homescreen.
    4. Adjust the selected title for the icon, if desired, and tap Add.
    5. Admire your new icon that lets you tap directly to the DBR page of your choice. Tap on it frequently.

Repeat for all the other websites you wish had a dedicated app.

Firefox users:

1. Open Firefox and navigate to the desired page.
    2. Press the phone's menu button.
    3. Select Page >
    4. Select Add to homescreen.
    5. Go to your homescreen and admire your new icon. Tap on it frequently.
    You know, for someone who works in the wireless industry, you would think I would have figured that out already. I followed these steps and for some reason the icon it created says ESPN. Strange, but not a big deal. You have made my life 1 click easier, thanks.

Easier than what? We have a good mobile skin. Oh... Maybe you're getting that one. (Which Chrome app? Didn't know we had one. Yikes!)

-jk
    He meant he was using Chrome to venture to the site. There is no DBR app that you don't know about.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA