Thread: 2015 Masters

2015 Masters

With a child in the lead(okay he's of legal age), Tiger is making some noise on Saturday but is still 8 back through 8 so far today. Lefty is even a couple shots ahead of him.

And for those that have opined on Tiger catching Jack, here is Nate Silver's take on it:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/h...-winning-pace/

Jordan Spieth was on the verge of running away with it, then he doubled 17 while Justin Rose was making birdie on 18. Still the young Texan's to lose after setting the 54-hole record.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Jordan Spieth was on the verge of running away with it, then he doubled 17 while Justin Rose was making birdie on 18. Still the young Texan's to lose after setting the 54-hole record.
    As we all know, the Masters doesn't start until the back nine on Sunday.

Weather is absolutely gorgeous here this week, but the wind is supposed to pick up tomorrow around noon. Sunday pin placements can be a bit of a pickle.

I think if Lefty can get out and post a good score, with a strong start, he is in good position. And someone in the hunt who goes out early will post a 30 on the back and put the pressure on.

Best golf tourney in the world. Hard to think of a better risk/reward course, with a ton of history.

image.jpg

"Red skies at night, sailor's delight . . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    image.jpg

"Red skies at night, sailor's delight . . . ."
    Red Sky at Night?

Heavy-Seas-Red-Sky-At-Night-450x600.jpg

Ymmm...

Oh, wait, wrong thread.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Busted

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Red Sky at Night?

Heavy-Seas-Red-Sky-At-Night-450x600.jpg

Ymmm...

Oh, wait, wrong thread.
    Hahaha

Must be an epidemic..
    I plead "Nolo Contendre"
    Well played, sir.
    Last edited by BluDvlsN1; 04-12-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    As we all know, the Masters doesn't start until the back nine on Sunday.

Weather is absolutely gorgeous here this week, but the wind is supposed to pick up tomorrow around noon. Sunday pin placements can be a bit of a pickle.

I think if Lefty can get out and post a good score, with a strong start, he is in good position. And someone in the hunt who goes out early will post a 30 on the back and put the pressure on.

Best golf tourney in the world. Hard to think of a better risk/reward course, with a ton of history.
    Agree with most of this, although, as I look at the standings, the group that's tied for 5th place at -6 (including Streelman, Tiger and Rory) has almost no shot, IMnsHO. Absent tying or breaking the course record (not out of the realm, but unlikely, especially if the wind does pick up tomorrow afternoon), the best one of them could do is post -14. That would have Spieth needing to shoot 74 or worse, and Rose needing to shoot 70 or worse, and Phil needing to shoot 69 or worse, and Hoffman needing to shoot 68 or worse. That's a really, really tight needle to have to thread.

Only a complete meltdown keeps Spieth from donning the green jacket at this point.

Time to Spiethproof the National!

Tiger is getting killed on Twitter for saying that a bone in his wrist popped out when he hit a root, but that he popped it back in and continued playing.

Faldo on the telecast: "That could have happened" (in a tone of voice that indicated he didn't believe that it happened)

Perhaps he should stop dating Lindsay Lohan...oh wait, nevermind.

Didn't see a dislocation, but it looked painful. I broke a bone hitting a root at the Dunes Club in Myrtle Beach, maybe 1984, during a match w Klemson, but didn't know it was broken until I had it x-rayed 2 years later. Can certainly happen. It was a day Spieth was not gonna be caught. Congrats to him on an awesome week.!!!! Wish they would show coverage as the first few groups tee off each day, even if it's shown without announcers, just camera shots, that would be unique, sort of. Remember several years ago MLB experimented with that? I kinda like it.
    I know u can follow the Masters on-line, but I want to see it while at a bar without them having to work to feed it to their tubes/flatscreens.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Didn't see a dislocation, but it looked painful. I broke a bone hitting a root at the Dunes Club in Myrtle Beach, maybe 1984, during a match w Klemson, but didn't know it was broken until I had it x-rayed 2 years later. Can certainly happen. ...
    Breaking a hand or wrist on a root certainly can happen, roots lurk under the pine straw.

It's the "popping the bone in the wrist or hand back into place" that strains credulity.

Rory should have broken up with Wozniacki again, he might have been able to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Rory should have broken up with Wozniacki again, he might have been able to win it.
    He'd have to through JJ Watt to do it.

And maybe Jordan Spieth:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-jordan-spieth

Feeling Good

During the Masters, Particularly on Thursday & Friday there were clips of the Grounds and Players set to the music of "Feeling Good" (Nina Simone) There was the 1st main clip I was just able to find shared below.

There were also subsequent shorter clips 20-30 seconds after commercial breaks that were featured using current clips of players, both younger and some more experienced players. These appeared to be a metaphor of what was occuring on the course set to the same music.

Personally, like many, I wasn't sure there was much room for improvement in the Masters telecast, but found myself looking forward to the next one of these each time.

I have been unable to find the shorter clips to share, I have emailed CBS to enlist their support, if they become available I will post. if anyone has an interest and more luck finding them, please share.

Opening Sequence.

https://vimeo.com/124564607

My wife is the best woman in the world. Aside from arranging for me to go to Indy last Monday night (she bought me a plane ticket at lunch time on Monday and told me to just go straight to the airport and worry about everything else when I got there), she also procured Masters badges for yesterday.

Everything they say about the course is true, including the fact that you can't appreciate the undulations and elevation changes on TV. One neat thing was watching the first few groups off. There was a marker playing in the first group, and he was one heckuva golfer. I don't know if he beat the pro he was playing with, but it was close.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.