Thread: Allegations...

Allegations...

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post

“The whole package they were given is easily more than a thousand dollars,” said the coach of a rival team, who asked to remain anonymous. “I don’t see how that’s different than trading jerseys for tattoos or getting cash handshakes. We don’t do those sort of things at Wisconsin.”
    So, there you go.

Five bucks says some knucklehead at Inside Carolina believes this.

I think Wisconsin did the same thing at the end of the regional final...Only Kentucky didn't pass out free slices of net, IIRC.

I knew Kentucky was on to something after they won the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    This is pretty good. I suspect multiple people on IC are buying in.

If they had received free string at c*rolina, they'd probably have a 3 credit course in summer school on how to tie knots with it.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    If they had received free string at c*rolina, they'd probably have a 3 credit course in summer school on how to tie knots with it.
    But to be fair, the above, although humorous, does not fully recognize the rigor of many of the paper classes. Beyond the oft-cited course that ended with a serious examination of Rosa Parks's role in the Montgomery Bus Boycott, we find examples such as this, from Prof. Boxill's "Ethical Bosons."

Term paper topic: Explain "string theory." With examples. Footnotes optional. 100 words max.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    At least knot-tying has some practical value. And I wouldn't be surprised if Henry Petroski wrote a book on the history of string. [full disclosure: I'm reading his The Pencil currently.]

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    But to be fair, the above, although humorous, does not fully recognize the rigor of many of the paper classes. Beyond the oft-cited course that ended with a serious examination of Rosa Parks's role in the Montgomery Bus Boycott, we find examples such as this, from Prof. Boxill's "Ethical Bosons."

Term paper topic: Explain "string theory." With examples. Footnotes optional. 100 words max.
    I am told that the paper classes beat the rock classes, but lose to the scissors classes.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am told that the paper classes beat the rock classes, but lose to the scissors classes.
    Just wait until Dan Kane finds out about the UNC-CH geology department.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Love it! (Can't spork you.)

I bet the Carolina paper classes are terrified of this year's championship shirts.

Weren't some of the courses in question in the Naval ROTC program at sheep u? Maybe that's where the knot tying classes come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Just wait until Dan Kane finds out about the UNC-CH geology department.
    Be nice to geology majors. I was a marine geology major at Duke (basement of the art museum days) before I saw the light and went to B school.

You guys are missing one important detail. Hand injuries due to severe paper cuts from those classes are the only reason UNC lost to Duke this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyCarol View Post
    You guys are missing one important detail. Hand injuries due to severe paper cuts from those classes are the only reason UNC lost to Duke this year.
    "Kennedy, this is an origami class. That's not a swan; that's another paper airplane. And quit eating the glue paste."