Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Yeah, but what was the point spread?
    UConn was a 21.5-pt favorite. Tough to top that as an upset.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Basketball gods- they do exist
    No, they don't as unc is in the FF. Again.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    UConn was a 21.5-pt favorite. Tough to top that as an upset.
    Is there a college game for the women that even comes close to this in terms of an upset? I can't think of one but I know there are others on this board that follow women's bball far closer than I do..

Thanks to not being able to sleep I actually watched the game from mid third quarter to the conclusion. I kept thinking UCONN would pull away. They much like Vegas had not been in many close games & it showed.

The embrace between Morgan Williams and her coach was something special..

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    Is there a college game for the women that even comes close to this in terms of an upset? I can't think of one but I know there are others on this board that follow women's bball far closer than I do..

Thanks to not being able to sleep I actually watched the game from mid third quarter to the conclusion. I kept thinking UCONN would pull away. They much like Vegas had not been in many close games & it showed.

The embrace between Morgan Williams and her coach was something special..
    The only one that immediately pops to mind is Harvard-Stanford in the 16 over 1 upset.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    The only one that immediately pops to mind is Harvard-Stanford in the 16 over 1 upset.
    i would put UL's win over the griner led Baylor teams up there in terms of difficulty, just because griner was so dominant.

Despite the record, this team didn't win 111 in a row...breanna stewart and co won most of those, and these guys were largely just along for the ride. They eked out some much closer wins this year. So while it's still a huge upset in that uconn was the best team in the country, and they had the streak "history" behind it, but it's far from shocking, I think. Dissapointing, as any upset is, especially given the boneheaded plays at the end that lost it...but it takes a hell of a game from any opponent to beat uconn, and MSU brought it.

I'm pulling for them over Stanford tomorrow, though i didn't realize it's been forever since stanford won either.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    i would put UL's win over the griner led Baylor teams up there in terms of difficulty, just because griner was so dominant.

Despite the record, this team didn't win 111 in a row...breanna stewart and co won most of those, and these guys were largely just along for the ride. They eked out some much closer wins this year. So while it's still a huge upset in that uconn was the best team in the country, and they had the streak "history" behind it, but it's far from shocking, I think. Dissapointing, as any upset is, especially given the boneheaded plays at the end that lost it...but it takes a hell of a game from any opponent to beat uconn, and MSU brought it.

I'm pulling for them over Stanford tomorrow, though i didn't realize it's been forever since stanford won either.
    Didn't South Carolina beat Stanford? It's an all SEC Final.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016