Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I was very confident in my pregame comments that Coach K would ride the starters hard. Bench minutes:

Jefferson - 20
    Plumlee - 8
    Allen - 3
    Bob Green

Interesting stat - only the starters scored. 0 bench points. Still won by 14.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    The net cutting is available on cbs sports... A 7 minute clip
    Does anyone have a link to this? I can't seem to locate it on cbssports.com.

mine too

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    My first Duke final four that I watched was 1978. This never gets old!!!
    my last year at Duke. It was awesome then, and still is!!
    What a blast this team has been. Thanks guys for making my week!

Those that feel the need as fans to criticize any individual player or effort can use this game as exhibit A as to why we should support every member of the team.

What a game! Win for Quinn!

Quote Originally Posted by CR9 View Post
    Remember '05...
    I remember 05... And all of our turnovers. I expect to see a similar rotation to what we saw today. If Cook sticks to Trice like he stuck to Pangos we are money. Defense wins championships and we are playing great D. I'm impressed and so grateful that we didn't make this close at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by 91devil View Post
    EPIC surge in Overall Defense. I think we were mid-50s start of the Tournament. That's what stifling two Top-10ish offenses will do.
    Four straight games holding the opponent to under 0.9 points per possession! Gonzaga posted their lowest offensive efficiency of the year against us, and Utah their 3rd lowest. We're starting to resemble the 2009 Tar Heels... epic offence all year, and three weeks of defence at the end!

Where we down 5 minutes in the first two rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    The Chronicle Twitter feed Duke Basketball has some postgame photos of the celebrating group and the net cutting.

CBS Sports Network has Coach K, Quinn Cook, and the Joneses live in their press conference.
    Initially announced that Justise Winslow would be there, but then said no Justise. I hope that doesn't mean his ankle is bothering him. (Vigil time? )

Coach K and Justise postgame on-court interview with Tracy Wolfson: http://cbsprt.co/1ESq5Ch

Are you from the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by cptnflash View Post
    Four straight games holding the opponent to under 0.9 points per possession! Gonzaga posted their lowest offensive efficiency of the year against us, and Utah their 3rd lowest. We're starting to resemble the 2009 Tar Heels... epic offence all year, and three weeks of defence at the end!
    Offence? Defence? I think you mean DEEFENSE!

But yeah, your point is right. Maybe, just maybe, this team is turning on the defense at the right time. Like UNC in 2009, although I hate to admit it.

After a trip to IC, I have only one thing to say about all the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ing and moaning over there - oh, and let's not forget the conspiracy theories: Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by cptnflash View Post
    Does anyone have a link to this? I can't seem to locate it on cbssports.com.
    the videos are labeled at the bottom of the page... plenty of clips from the game too

http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Offence? Defence? I think you mean DEEFENSE!

But yeah, your point is right. Maybe, just maybe, this team is turning on the defense at the right time. Like UNC in 2009, although I hate to admit it.
    Not from the UK originally, but have been living in London the past two years so I've been corrupted by British spellings!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I was very confident in my pregame comments that Coach K would ride the starters hard. Bench minutes:

Jefferson - 20
    Plumlee - 8
    Allen - 3
    When I saw Allen trying to guard Wiltjer, I did not think he would get many more minutes, a bad match up and Wiinslow soon came back in.

Wink Yeah, baby!

. . . but in the keepin' it real category, don't forget that beating Michigan St. and then Kentucky will require a Herculean effort coupled with a stern and terrible resolve.

Give 'em Hell Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Coach K and Justise postgame on-court interview with Tracy Wolfson: http://cbsprt.co/1ESq5Ch
    I loved it when Quinn came up and Justise told the interviewer that she should be talking to him. He was the one pushing them everyday.

Only ACC Team in the final 4

Excellent performance by the ACC and saying that, Duke is the sole remaining ACC team to make the final 4.

I'll admit I was down on this team mid-season. It reminded me a lot of last year with poor defense but a lot offensive talent coupled with a coach that wouldn't change his defensive schemes (I'll get flack for this but I love coach k and think he's an amazing coach). With that said, coach K is my poy with his openness to different defenses that, in my opinion, really sparked this team. I haven't witnessed K this excited and dynamic in years. The players have totally bought in to his plan and it has been a privledge to be a fan this season.

im still in disbelief of the ability for anyone on this team to step up and take over a game. Every single player on this team has had a game where they were the player of the game.

With that said, let's take down Michigan state and cut down the nets over anyone who stands in our way!

And GTHC

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    that clip is awesome... Justise loves Cook... that was great. This team has "it", whatever "it" may be.