Thread: Got Milk?

Got Milk?

Milk is the big lie in the nutrition field. Remember how your mom told you to drink your milk. Well dairy is bad for you.
    http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2007nl/mar/dairy.htm

It drives me crazy that schools and physicians and others rail against the drinking of soft drinks and then say we need our kids to drink more milk.

Question Does it do a body good?

Not too bad if you're a cow.

ESPN's pre-game reported, this past Saturday, about University of Washington football players being given chocolate milk after workouts. I guess it didn't help them mooooove well enough against Ohio State.

This man has had a personal vendetta against milk since his wife had a three-year-long affair with resident milkman, Abraham Foongtater back in the early 90s. His hatred of all things milk knows no boundries. He's been arrested six times for MA (milk abuse), the last incident taking place in the dairy section of a Kroger in Dothan, Alabama where he spent 15 minutes cursing the milk loudly (and scaring patrons) then taking an almuminun bat to 20 jugs of milk (both quart and gallon sizes, lowfat, one percent, and skim). No milk was spared. Simply put, this is one milk hating mother flipper.

John McDougall: Medical Doctor, Nutritional Expert, Father of three, and mentally insane.

Attachment 122

-EarlJam

P.S. Seriously, good and informative article. I've never been a huge milk fan - but I got its autograph once.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Not too bad if you're a cow.

ESPN's pre-game reported, this past Saturday, about University of Washington football players being given chocolate milk after workouts. I guess it didn't help them mooooove well enough against Ohio State.
    Say... did you notice that the University of Washington football stadium has a track surrounding it?

OOPS ... that's another thread on the main board!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I heart milk and am very disappointed about this.

How am I ever going to break my milk addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Say... did you notice that the University of Washington football stadium has a track surrounding it?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    LMAO

Not your great grandfathers drink

People forget that the widespread drinking of milk is a fairly recent phenomenon, spurred by refrigeration, advertising and government policy. It was and is so widespread, milkmen with daily milk deliveries, little milk cartoons at lunch, hard to believe it is unhealthy and that the dairy industry was originally a way to store food (cheese) before refrigeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Yes. I did.

Yes. It is.

Oh. Lavabe - How do you like my new hero as an avatar?
    Last edited by captmojo; 09-21-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: for question

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Oh. Lavabe - How do you like my new hero as an avatar?
    Bummer ... perhaps there should be a poll for your next avatar. You simply cannot replace the Continental with the OJ guy. Perhaps you could replace the Continental with a photo from Walken's Fatboy Slim video?

NAHHH ... go with Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

He's Baaaaack

...of course, he's never really gone.