Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke vs. Gonzaga, Reg Final (Sun 5:05 pm ET, CBS) Pregame/Ingame Thread

On the doorstep of the promised land.

We're actually the late game...

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    On the doorstep of the promised land.
    They just posted that the Louisville/likely to be MSU game is the early game...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandWhite View Post
    They just posted that the Louisville/likely to be MSU game is the early game...
    Yep.

Patrick Stevens: Gonzaga-Duke tips off Sunday 5:05pm on CBS.

I'm expecting 8 pages of hand wringing and statistical analysis. If for no other reason than karmic consistence.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I'm expecting 8 pages of hand wringing
    How does one literally hand-wring in writing, anyway?

I'm expecting 8 pages of hand wringing and statistical analysis. If for no other reason than karmic consistence.
    CBS Sports allows you to compare any 2 teams. It was for bracketology purposes, but I think we can gauge our Gonzaga concern by comparing them to North Florida. The Ospreys have 10 more wins against teams with an RPI of 200 or more, so there's that.

I hope Few and every Zag player has terrible nightmares about Justise coming to get them. Kinda like the second Friday the 13th movie, but with Justise instead of Jason. Ki Ki Ki... Ma Ma Ma!

It's late and I'm delirious.

Go Duke!

we play another dumb final 3 min and we're toast...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    I hope Few and every Zag player has terrible nightmares about Justise coming to get them. Kinda like the second Friday the 13th movie, but with Justise instead of Jason. Ki Ki Ki... Ma Ma Ma!

It's late and I'm delirious.

Go Duke!
    This post wins on all levels.

...and statistical analysis.
    I'll start.

Second: our defense is all the way up to 27th!

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Second: our defense is all the way up to 27th!
    noticed that. big defensive performance over a highly ranked KP team will have a big effect on a relatively poor defense.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    noticed that. big defensive performance over a highly ranked KP team will have a big effect on a relatively poor defense.
    But it's also been trending upward for a while, and also matches everyone's "eye test" - including Coach K's - that the defense has in fact improved a lot lately.

Let's hope we shoot 3's on Sunday the way we did against Baylor in 2010... 11 of 23 for 47.8%. (& that was with Kyle going 0-5)

We will have to play better than we did tonight to advance to the FF. Quin seemed really annoyed by something tonight... I'm expecting him to light it up on Sunday. Got to get the big guy untracked, too. Let's Go Duke!!!!!
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Duke won only ~40% of jump balls (opening tips + overtime tips) this season.

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/web...jump_dall_data

So wait, we only made three 3's in that game? That's bananas man. If this was December, everyone here would be like "there's no chance we're going to the tournament!" or "we can't win that way!"

Interesting that the Zags made that same amount tonight.

Intrigued, nonetheless.

We finally get the matchup we talked about secretly though. Gonzaga finally has to play someone in a big setting with a big moment on the line for their program. Lots at stake for them, but also lots at stake for us. We have to shoot well, and they do too.

Matchups I'm looking forward to are that inside matchup with Zags big guys vs ours, Winslow and Wiltjer, and Pangos vs Tyus/Quinn.

MARCH!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    The negativity around here is getting really annoying. This team blew out their opponents last weekend and handled their business tonight. Give it a rest already.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    The negativity around here is getting really annoying. This team blew out their opponents last weekend and handled their business tonight. Give it a rest already.
    I agree with you, 100%. They've done nothing but exceed media (and fans') expectations of them all year. If I remember correctly, everyone was ready to give up on them after State, then Miami, then after Notre Dame, then after Sheed's dismissing, and they've rose to the occasion.

In the end, it is just basketball. But I do agree, they're handling business. Let's hope it continues!

We open as a 2.5 point favorite over Gonzaga according to vegasinsider... We are the only ACC team that is favored ( notre dame +11, louisville +2.5)

The Wiltjer vs. Winslow matchup at the 4 is going to be very interesting. Winslow giving up 4 inches to Wiltjer... but Wiltjer is going to need help if Winslow drives on him. Winslow has been amazing though...

Going to need someone else to step it up on Sunday. Okafor has to win the matchup w/ Karnowski and then we need 1 of our guards to step up and have a big one. I'm looking at you Quinn. Gotta get that outside shot falling. Also have to D up Pangos like we know you can!

So excited for this. Been a great year... everything from here is gravy but another Final Four would be sweet. Get it done Devils!