View Poll Results: How Many ACC Teams Reach the Sweet 16?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - Disaster. What!?!

0 0%

0 0%

4 5.13%

9 11.54%

25 32.05%

27 34.62%
  • 6 - All of them! What!?!

13 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Predict How Many ACC Teams Reach the Sweet 16

Exactly what the thread titles says. If you pick the number of teams correctly, you win pride.

Answer the poll and then write your reasoning/analysis in a reply to this thread.

Thanks!

I think NC State goes down, and either UVA or UNC will bite the dust. Both looked rather pedestrian in their 1st game, although UVA did pull it together and won by 12. Notre Dame also looked pedestrian, but i think their shooting touch will carry them through vs Butler.

My choice was not dictated by logic, my choice was dictated by:

"A C C! A C C! A C C! Wooooooo!!!"

Last edited by DukeDevil; 03-21-2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: needed more "woo"
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

I picked three, and I feel two is more likely than four.

NCSU and Louisville will be bounced by Nova and Northern Iowa, respectively.

That leaves these four games:

ND vs Butler
    UNC vs Arkansas
    UVA vs Mich St
    Duke vs SDSU

Losing one from that group is very likely. Gun to head, I'll pick Butler to upset ND.

So 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I picked three, and I feel two is more likely than four.

NCSU and Louisville will be bounced by Nova and Northern Iowa, respectively.

That leaves these four games:

ND vs Butler
    UNC vs Arkansas
    UVA vs Mich St
    Duke vs SDSU

Losing one from that group is very likely. Gun to head, I'll pick Butler to upset ND.

So 3.

In general, my actual "logical" answer is 3, but I'd lean more towards the "4 is more likely than 2" with Louisville beating Northern Iowa.

Also...who the heck is holding a gun to your head to make a pick on a game? Is this how Vegas actually comes up with their odds?
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

NCSU has the size to deal with Nova. Big shooting day from Lacey and Turner gets it done.
    Louisville loves to win ugly and they'll find a way against NIU.
    ND will get back on track and take care of biz from 3pt land against the dogs.
    UVA will win 21-20 while the grass grows in a slug fest with Sparty.
    Duke puts the reverse dunks in the closet, focuses for 40 mins and overpowers SDSU.
    UNC gets their due reward and is humiliated by the Razorbacks.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

2 or 3. Duke and Virginia should win. State, Louisville, UNC should lose. Not sure whether Notre Dame will get by Butler or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    2 or 3. Duke and Virginia should win. State, Louisville, UNC should lose. Not sure whether Notre Dame will get by Butler or not.
    UNC *should* lose? Not sure I see that, other than in the karmic sense. Arkansas seems like a good matchup for the Heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    UNC *should* lose? Not sure I see that, other than in the karmic sense. Arkansas seems like a good matchup for the Heels.
    UNC should have lost to Harvard. I just don't think they're very good, though I guess I don't think Arkansas is very good, either, so I suppose UNC could squeak out another one.

All 6, because this weekend I'm wearing rose colored glasses that allow me to ignore the fact that by doing so, I've picked Caro-whine-a to win a game.

Also, to make up for some less than stellar ACC years in the recent past.

UNC should have lost to Harvard.
    How so? Because someone should have made a shot? By that logic, we should have lost to Butler...

Now, if Tommy would have called a timeout then I would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    UNC *should* lose? ...
    Yes. Always and forever.

-jk

I went 5. I think State can beat Nova. We are favored in all the others. So I will take an optimistic 5. I think 3 is a worst-"realistic"-case scenario.

No more than 5 and everyone can guess who does not make it...they are 8 mi from Cameron.

I think the only two to lose will be NC State and Louisville. I'm hoping I'm wrong and the only team to lose is the Cheats. GoDuke!

UNC should have lost to Harvard. I just don't think they're very good, though I guess I don't think Arkansas is very good, either, so I suppose UNC could squeak out another one.
    Sure. If UNC were playing Northern Iowa or Utah they would be in real trouble, but Arkansas just isn't that good, and should have lost to Wofford.

I went with four. Duke, Virginia and North Carolina will most likely win plus one of State, Louisville or Notre Dame. Michigan State will probably push Virginia to the brink, but I am really impressed with the Wahoos poise in tough situations. Carolina and Duke are playing teams they match up with nicely so while neither game will be a walk in the park my confidence level for victories is high. Notre Dame will get the conference to four in the Sweet 16.

My two cents...
    Bob Green

1-0, only 5 more to go. FWIW, the last time Villanova was able to make it out of this round I was there to see it.

Feeling good about my call of 5 right now. And even better on my call of State over Nova. ACC!

Well, except for the next hour or so. Then, go Razorbacks!

Voted 6 but hope for 5. Let's gooooo Arkansas! !!
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking