Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    We are a different team than we were in January. State is going to have to play an absolutely great game to win.

I feel we will be ready.

And so is NC State. Barber has been playing like an all-american. I think State is the worst matchup in the conference for Duke. I won't be shocked if State wins again.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion View Post
    And so is NC State. Barber has been playing like an all-american. I think State is the worst matchup in the conference for Duke. I won't be shocked if State wins again.
    It's a great test for our kids. State can certainly beat us. Time to learn what elimination hoops is all about. It's just been for fun to this point,

Duke has earned the gratitude and respect from most Wolfpack fans this season based on your regular season sweep of the Cheaters. Don't blow all the good will by doing something stupid like winning tomorrow.

Last edited by PackMan97; 03-11-2015 at 11:17 PM.

I mean.. yall are a one seed ANYWAY.. you don't have to show up...

Revenge is overrated.

Also when we played you guys last.. Cat had JUST became a brand new father... so his attention wasn't really on the game, and then the death of a close friend took him out completely for a while.. but sine the GT game he has been a different type of ball player.. but so has Tyus. It will be a Fun match up for sure.

Big Oak is gonna get his so in my eyes this game comes down to the guard / wing play.
    Last edited by newclasspack; 03-11-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion View Post
    This. 3 fast guards. Other teams are better but state is a real bad matchup.

State scares me. I'm praying for them to get the 8 seed in Kentucky's bracket. They win tomorrow, they won't be on the 8/9 line anymore.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    State scares me. I'm praying for them to get the 8 seed in Kentucky's bracket. They win tomorrow, they won't be on the 8/9 line anymore.
    What did we ever do to you? Rude.

Regardless if both you and VA are 1 seeds we are gonna end up in either Kentucky's bracket or the other one seed

Quote Originally Posted by newclasspack View Post
    What did we ever do to you? Rude.

Regardless if both you and VA are 1 seeds we are gonna end up in either Kentucky's bracket or the other one seed
    Because if Lacey and Turner are hot, State can beat UK.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

So now I've seen this from a Duke fan, UNX fan, AND a UVA fan... why does this feel like a set up?
    Last edited by newclasspack; 03-12-2015 at 12:32 AM.

So now I've seen this from a Duke fan, UNX fan, AND a UVA fan... while does this feel like a set up?
    I can't speak for anyone else, but an obvious possibility is that it's a sign of respect for Pack-potential, as Dukehky implies in recent post ^.

Of course you don't want Pack as 8-9 in UK region, and of course we do. Not because we hope you lose, but because we think, even if a long-shot, you just might win, bringing glory to NCSt and to the ACC, and eliminating a powerful team. After tomorrow night, we root for you, wholeheartedly.

If we had your interest uppermost, we'd want you to win the ACCT and get a 6-seed in Villanova's region. But we have our interest in our hearts, so mostly we want you to help us: by losing tomorrow, then beating UK in the YumBowl on March 21. Then we'll be happy to play you in the rubber match on April 6.

No more complaints or conspiracy suspicions. Deal?

We are favored by 7.5.. I am interested to see at what point in the game we go zone. With our 8 man rotation potentially playing 3 games in 3 days, I epxect to see zone for several stretches during the game regardless of the score.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but an obvious possibility is that it's a sign of respect for Pack-potential, as Dukehky implies in recent post ^.

Of course you don't want Pack as 8-9 in UK region, and of course we do. Not because we hope you lose, but because we think, even if a long-shot, you just might win, bringing glory to NCSt and to the ACC, and eliminating a powerful team. After tomorrow night, we root for you, wholeheartedly.

If we had your interest uppermost, we'd want you to win the ACCT and get a 6-seed in Villanova's region. But we have our interest in our hearts, so mostly we want you to help us: by losing tomorrow, then beating UK in the YumBowl on March 21. Then we'll be happy to play you in the rubber match on April 6.

No more complaints or conspiracy suspicions. Deal?
    As a Pack fan i cannot agree to that. its in our contracts. But i get you. its just a weird thing to hear.

I agree... I noticed several dangerous 8/9 seeds in Lunardi's projections. NC State, Georgia and St. John's all have major upset potential IMO.

14. Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    I agree... I noticed several dangerous 8/9 seeds in Lunardi's projections. NC State, Georgia and St. John's all have major upset potential IMO.
    Have you seen the latest Bracketology? http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I like Duke's path a LOT if it came to pass. But of course, this is Joe Lunardi we're talking about so...

As a Pack fan i cannot agree to that. its in our contracts. But i get you. its just a weird thing to hear.
    As you and I seem still to be awake -- I because I'm in Hawaii, and you, because you're probably watching the amazing Chelsea-PSG replay -- let's keep going.

When you say you get me, do you mean you see why we might have glommed on to intriguing theory that you could knock off UK? Is that the weird thing, that anyone might seriously imagine the Pack, if in line to play those Cats on March 21 in Looville, could win? If yes, is it weird because Pack fans themselves think their guys have no hope against UK? To you and other Pack fanatics, if your team were not so unfortunate as to be in UK's region, how deep into the tourney do you think you could go? Seriously.

ETA: I see that others are still awake. Lots of Hawaiians tonight.... No, wait, they appear to be in Alaska.

As you and I seem still to be awake -- I because I'm in Hawaii, and you, because you're probably watching the amazing Chelsea-PSG replay -- let's keep going.

When you say you get me, do you mean you see why we might have glommed on to intriguing theory that you could knock off UK? Is that the weird thing, that anyone might seriously imagine the Pack, if in line to play those Cats on March 21 in Looville, could win? If yes, is it weird because Pack fans themselves think their guys have no hope against UK? To you and other Pack fanatics, if your team were not so unfortunate as to be in UK's region, how deep into the tourney do you think you could go? Seriously.

ETA: I see that others are still awake. Lots of Hawaiians tonight.... No, wait, they appear to be in Alaska.
    I work Night shift for at&t in Durham so a lot of down time. and yea i think a scenario where we get hot and out shoot Kentucky is weird to me, as i just don't have the imagination for that. I feel like if we get into the other one seed bracket we have a good/great chance coming out of it. whether it b Villanova or Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    Have you seen the latest Bracketology? http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I like Duke's path a LOT if it came to pass. But of course, this is Joe Lunardi we're talking about so...
    I don't know what Lunardi knows, but I don't prefer to see Davidson until the FF. For 2 reasons. They're a pretty tough 8-9 seed. But also, because I really like McKillop, and would not prefer to be the team that takes them out. Until the FF; then, destroy 'em, if possible.

I hope Davidson gets a 7 or 10 seed somewhere.

I hope State used up all of their shots last night.

I look for Jahlil Okafor to come up big tonight. State has a very dangerous 3-guard lineup, but not enough size to contest Okafor down low.

With his ankle problem and double teams, Jahlil has not been the big scorer lately, but I think K will want to get him going. Should get plenty of touches.

I don't know what Lunardi knows, but I don't prefer to see Davidson until the FF. For 2 reasons. They're a pretty tough 8-9 seed. But also, because I really like McKillop, and would not prefer to be the team that takes them out. Until the FF; then, destroy 'em, if possible.

I hope Davidson gets a 7 or 10 seed somewhere.
    And we wouldn't see them, according to Lunardi--maybe it has just changed this morning, but he now lists Davidson as the 9 seed in UVA's bracket; 8 and 9 seeds in Duke's bracket would be Oregon and Xavier.