Thread: Computer Buying

Computer Buying

I was in a situation where I kind of needed a PC. When I retired I thought I would get a Mac. Decided on the iMac 27 5K display. Way more than I need but just what I want. I got it refurbished from the Apple Store and saved some bucks. Not in love with the keyboard and my change it. But wow. Love the display and am getting to love the Mac OS.

I wish I had done this years ago but then I would not have the 5K display.

SoCal

27" iMac. I'm envious. I have always liked Mac displays and always thought that an iMac was the most cost effective way to get one.

Keyboard question, do you have one of the small Bluetooth keyboards or a full sized USB keyboard with number pad? Or maybe something else?

My preference is a full sized keyboard and I have come to like the Apple aluminum keyboards a lot. Others I know find the feel a bit "different."

I have also moved to a trackpad instead of a mouse. It took about a month, but I now prefer the trackpad.

Answers kind of

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    27" iMac. I'm envious. I have always liked Mac displays and always thought that an iMac was the most cost effective way to get one.

Keyboard question, do you have one of the small Bluetooth keyboards or a full sized USB keyboard with number pad? Or maybe something else?

My preference is a full sized keyboard and I have come to like the Apple aluminum keyboards a lot. Others I know find the feel a bit "different."

I have also moved to a trackpad instead of a mouse. It took about a month, but I now prefer the trackpad.
    When you ordered refurbished you get what you get. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I am getting used to the keyboard but may buy the connected full size. My son likes the bluetooth as he can sit back and type.

I have never invested the month and did not like trackpads when I used them. I had a trackball on the PC and liked that. So far mouse is fine for me.

SoCal