Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 73, Syracuse 54 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Justise > Christmas
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

In one word: Winslow.

In 1 sentence: he dominated the game.

Glad for a game that did not artificially inflate my heart rate. :-)

Amazing how when Duke plays solid Defense, the game seems so much less stressful.

Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    Amazing how when Duke plays solid Defense, the game seems so much less stressful.

Who knew?
    We seemed more active on D, but might be more that Orange guards not that quick. Still great performance by our starters.

Have to rinse eyeballs after all that Lunarditology. Kinda stings.

Hope Quinn's ankle is OK soon.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Syracuse gave in the last 10 minutes. Hopefully their program gets back to where they want to be next year. Great game by Justise. Once he gets a more consistent shot he will be a heck of a player at the next level.

The team improved its FT shooting 12% game over game.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Lunarditology
    Bracketeering?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Have to rinse eyeballs after all that Lunarditology. Kinda stings.
    Yeah, he just finished predicting that Duke would fall from the top seed line if we lost to UVA in the ACCT championship game.

Putting either Villanova or Gonzaga in front of a 30-4 Duke team would be a travesty.

Nice to see some help side D this time around. Wonder how long K will go with this lineup bringing Amile off the bench?

So Lunardi is a semi-Duke hater, too. He doesn't seem to give credit for Duke winning at UVA much (and that was with Justin Anderson, yes) and says Nova, AZ can pass Duke. This comment was after our win tonight, not before. Well, he said it before also, so both. I'd say Duke's a near lock and Gonzaga is solid but not a lock, based on schedules, strength, and not purely records. The AZ @ Utah game tonight is huge, but still isn't for a #1 seed position, unless Az crushes Utah. Doubt that happens. Gonzaga plays later at BYU, prolly not a big deal there-but who knows.

Lunardi obviously doesn't factor in an entire body of work and true road games versus SOS for the entire year. Thus, I don't think he's terribly solid as determining what the committee looks at.

I think NCSU took a major hit today by losing at BC convincingly. Yes, they have some good/great wins, but they're piling up losses. Too many. I doubt they're done losing games before the Tourney selection show.

Miami had chances today and failed. UNC showed resolve. VT gave UVA problems and, again, UVA showed why they're a one-loss team.

Proudly, Duke showed, despite some glaring issues, FTs and defense, they're tough to beat.

Nobody should care one whit about what Joe Lunardi thinks. He certainly shouldn't be interrupting the game coverage to be interviewed for several minutes.

On a different note: we were very sloppy tonight, and I'm glad it didn't come back to bite us. Justise was incredible. I don't know what's happened to Amile.

Don't forget - Lunardi is selling an objective opinion. ESPN gets lots of views on bracketology. Viewership means $$$ for the Mothership. We, as Duke fans don't care much for Lunardi, because Duke is not a bubble team. A lot more fans are watching because their team may be in or out

God job by the defense. Even though Syrcuse had a poor shooting night, you have to give Duke defense some credit for that (especially when we blame them for big shooting nights by others) Duke held them to 54 points in 67 possessions by my calculation. That's just a shade over .80 points per possession. That's pretty good. I'll take that any day of the week.
    Pratt '09
    GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    Nobody should care one whit about what Joe Lunardi thinks. He certainly shouldn't be interrupting the game coverage to be interviewed for several minutes.

On a different note: we were very sloppy tonight, and I'm glad it didn't come back to bite us. Justise was incredible. I don't know what's happened to Amile.
    This. + 10000.

That Lunardi guy is annoying. Interrupting the game to interview that twit is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Lunardi obviously doesn't factor in an entire body of work and true road games versus SOS for the entire year. Thus, I don't think he's terribly solid as determining what the committee looks at.
    My next comments are probably for another thread but here we go...There are so many stats and eye-ball tests that if you want to knock a team down or move them up you can just pick a stat. Instead of picking on Duke let's take UVA...

UVA is not a one seed because they can't score and lost to Duke at home who is an obvious 2 seed because they can't shoot FT or play D...(I know this is obviously wrong but if you want to knock them down you can.)

UVA definitely a one seed because they can play great D and only have one loss to Duke who is a definite one seed who has the best record against top 50 teams on the road...(OK there is the easy justification for UVA and the correct answer.)

Luckily Bracketology only lasts for 2 more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Don't forget - Lunardi is selling an objective opinion. ESPN gets lots of views on bracketology. Viewership means $$$ for the Mothership. We, as Duke fans don't care much for Lunardi, because Duke is not a bubble team. A lot more fans are watching because their team may be in or out
    I would hope that the reason people are watching Duke play Syracuse is because they want to see Duke play Syracuse, not because they want a split-screen of Joe Lunardi's face during game action.

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    I would hope that the reason people are watching Duke play Syracuse is because they want to see Duke play Syracuse, not because they want a split-screen of Joe Lunardi's face during game action.
    Don't forget the torture of looking at whatever that is on top of Lunardi's head.
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?