Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

ANOTHER New Uniform - 2/28

Duke basketball and Nike announced another new uniform for the team. They will wear these during the home game against Syracuse on February 28th.

B-TZaaHIQAEZoru.jpg

Nike calls them "Disruption." Not bad! I enjoy the move towards minimalist with the current uniforms.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 02-20-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Duke basketball and Nike announced another new uniform for the team. They will wear these during the home game against Syracuse on February 28th.

B-TZaaHIQAEZoru.jpg

Nike calls them "Disruption." Not bad! I enjoy the move towards minimalist with the current uniforms.
    As with nearly all jerseys, I like em. Minimalist indeed. Also, these newer jerseys often have technology that helps the players. So, if we play bad, can't blame it on the jerseys!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

That's 6 uniform sets this year.

"Standard" Home White
    ncb_g_duke_576x324.jpg

"Standard" Away Blue
    16974393-mmmain.jpg

Alternative Away Black
    ncb_u_tyusjones_cmg_400_200x300.jpg

Throwback Home White
    16373059-mmmain.jpg

Throwback Away Blue
    14120606.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    As with nearly all jerseys, I like em. Minimalist indeed. Also, these newer jerseys often have technology that helps the players. So, if we play bad, can't blame it on the jerseys!
    Well, at least that's what Nike would like you to believe!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

It has the overall look similar to the throwbacks but with the font type of the standard jerseys except with white lettering. Wonder if there is an aerographic on the back. It looks sharp.

They look like practice jerseys. Not a fan. Reminds me of those awful jerseys the Heels wore with the NC logo on the front (Joe Forte/Kris Lang era).

I love the throwback blues and whites, which are both classic but also somehow feel more cutting edge than the white-blue-black combos which have become the standard.

I'd love to see us wear the "throwback" as the standard, with the alternative blacks on limited occasions (neutral site games where we are the "away" team, e.g.)

Think it's pointless for Nike to keep introducing new jerseys while not putting the Blue throwbacks out for sale, but whatever.

These are alright. Not the best, but they're alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Monmouth77 View Post
    They look like practice jerseys.
    Thanks Monmouth77, I couldn't quite figure out what it was about the jersey that bothered me...until I read your post. They do look like practice jerseys and that's not a good thing. I really like the throwback uniforms they have been wearing of late (would like them even more with a 'V' neck).

A Brief History of Special Uniforms

The new Nike Dominance uniforms are not the worst special edition uniforms. The best would be the alternate white and blue sets worn by the current team. The new ones are far superior than previous attempts at special edition uniforms from Nike.

duk-11-hyper-robkinnan-1-179x318.jpg

SP13_BB_Uni_Duke_Front_Moire.jpeg_17194-675x380.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Thanks Monmouth77, I couldn't quite figure out what it was about the jersey that bothered me...until I read your post. They do look like practice jerseys and that's not a good thing. I really like the throwback uniforms they have been wearing of late (would like them even more with a 'V' neck).
    Don't know why Nike can't duplicate these beauties.
    grant.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Think it's pointless for Nike to keep introducing new jerseys while not putting the Blue throwbacks out for sale, but whatever.

These are alright. Not the best, but they're alright.
    Agreed. These are not terrible, but they are not at all distinctive, either. Completely unnecessary in my view. The only brand building going on with these is for the swoosh, not Duke.

These one-timers are part of a series that includes Duke. That's why they are not that distinctively Duke looking.

Capture.JPG

The new Nike Dominance uniforms are not the worst special edition uniforms. The best would be the alternate white and blue sets worn by the current team. The new ones are far superior than previous attempts at special edition uniforms from Nike.
    I'm just thankful that Nike has not forayed into the world of short sleeves!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

duk-11-hyper-robkinnan-1-179x318.jpg

SP13_BB_Uni_Duke_Front_Moire.jpeg_17194-675x380.jpg
    Good call. These were horrendous.

These one-timers are part of a series that includes Duke. That's why they are not that distinctively Duke looking.

Capture.JPG
    Which reinforces my points that they only build the Nike brand and are totally unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Which reinforces my points that they only build the Nike brand and are totally unnecessary.
    you don't think Nike needs to use sports teams to build their brand? i do..and they are very good at it.

I normally like the new unis and I'm not knocking these but they kind of look like cheapo practice jerseys. Just not much too them.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    I normally like the new unis and I'm not knocking these but they kind of look like cheapo practice jerseys. Just not much too them.
    I don't dislike them, I hate them. DUKIECB calls this one correctly. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    you don't think Nike needs to use sports teams to build their brand? i do..and they are very good at it.
    Of course Nike needs to use sports teams to build their brand. I just don't think they need to do it by pushing one-time designs that have no sense of tradition or real purpose for the schools involved. And honestly, I'd be surprised if Nike made much money from this specific effort. I think it is much more a vanity thing for them at this point ("because we can"), maybe a special perk of sorts for their designers.

BARF!

They're terrible! What is this, softball socks?
    What's with the wacky ugly shadowy thing down the outside of the leg. Is that a tie outline?!

Vests? Yeah, maybe if I'm running into Wegman's for milk. Vests, come on...

Man, Nike, just go the hell away. Duke FINALLY was getting somewhere with the all blue away and the cool white home and now this garbage crammed down everybody's throats.
    UGH!!!!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'