Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    For those who have not watched “Bagman” yet, buckle up. For those who have, I would love to discuss.

This one was directed by Vince Gilligan and I would put it up there with the best of the best — across both BB and BTS. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    For those who have not watched “Bagman” yet, buckle up. For those who have, I would love to discuss.

This one was directed by Vince Gilligan and I would put it up there with the best of the best — across both BB and BTS. I loved it.
    Great episode....Jimmy is the most annoying dumb A- -...great desert scenery
    Impossible for me to believe thatKim is giving him any

For me, I basically think every episode in the BB/BCS universe is very good (including this one), but I do have a few that I love more than this one. Just one example - "Coushatta" - where Jimmy saves Huell from jail time by taking a bus ride to Huell's hometown while writing dozens of fake letters that he will mail to the ABQ judge, and Jimmy ends up doing a hilarious impression of a Louisiana pastor on one of the drop phones. That episode will always have a special place in my heart.

I do recognize that the events in this episode (and the ending of the previous episode) are momentous, of course. This is the turning point from Jimmy to Saul. And I recognize the technical brilliance of Gilligan's directing.

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    Great episode...Jimmy is the most annoying dumb A- -...great desert scenery
    Impossible for me to believe thatKim is giving him any
    Haha, really? With how charismatic Jimmy is? Also, she loves (and seemingly gets turned on) by the scams that they run together.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Haha, really? With how charismatic Jimmy is? Also, she loves (and seemingly gets turned on) by the scams that they run together.
    Did we ever see Kim in BB? Been so long since I watched it I can't remember. Maybe the marriage doesn't survive...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Great episode Didn't realize Mike was such a good shot

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Did we ever see Kim in BB? Been so long since I watched it I can't remember. Maybe the marriage doesn't survive...
    I am pretty sure that Kim does not appear in Breaking Bad. Therefore, her fate is one of the major unknowns of Better Call Saul. Perhaps I am reading too much into things, but I thought it was ominous that the wedding scene with Jimmy/Saul and Kim made a point to include the wedding vows ending with "till death do us part".

Nacho Varga is another prominent BCS character who doesn't have a role in Breaking Bad.

I doubt that both Kim and Nacho make it out of Better Call Saul alive, but I could be wrong.

I've seen a few people compare "Bagman" to the famous "Pine Barrens" episode from The Sopranos. Definitely some similarities.

-Kim was not ever seen or mentioned in BB, to my knowledge. She is one of the few major unknowns within BCS. How does her story end? By marrying Saul, she broke bad as well. She's now "in it" just as much as he is, whether she truly believes that or not. She also confronted Lalo and Saul let it slip to Mike that he told her where he was going... seems like things for Kim will only get worse from here.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    I am pretty sure that Kim does not appear in Breaking Bad. Therefore, her fate is one of the major unknowns of Better Call Saul. Perhaps I am reading too much into things, but I thought it was ominous that the wedding scene with Jimmy/Saul and Kim made a point to include the wedding vows ending with "till death do us part".

Nacho Varga is another prominent BCS character who doesn't have a role in Breaking Bad.

I doubt that both Kim and Nacho make it out of Better Call Saul alive, but I could be wrong.
    Nacho doesn't appear in Breaking Bad but Saul mentions him in his first appearance.

I've seen a few people compare "Bagman" to the famous "Pine Barrens" episode from The Sopranos. Definitely some similarities.

-Kim was not ever seen or mentioned in BB, to my knowledge. She is one of the few major unknowns within BCS. How does her story end? By marrying Saul, she broke bad as well. She's now "in it" just as much as he is, whether she truly believes that or not. She also confronted Lalo and Saul let it slip to Mike that he told her where he was going... seems like things for Kim will only get worse from here.
    The last scene of tonight’s episode was wife-digging-her-nails-into-my-hand-until-I-bleed tense! Even more so because Kim isn’t in BB. Oh and my wife said “I wouldn’t do that for you, honey. Kim’s way tougher than me.”

It said next is “season finale”...I thought this was it for the series? Is there one more season (whenever filming can resume)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    The last scene of tonight’s episode was wife-digging-her-nails-into-my-hand-until-I-bleed tense! Even more so because Kim isn’t in BB. Oh and my wife said “I wouldn’t do that for you, honey. Kim’s way tougher than me.”

It said next is “season finale”...I thought this was it for the series? Is there one more season (whenever filming can resume)?
    Yes, there is one more season consisting of 13 episodes. (The producers chose that number so that the total number of BCS episodes is one more than Magna Carta, err, Breaking Bad had.)

Agree with you and your wife on the incredible tension during Lalo's visit. Not that I'm breaking any news here, but that's what was missing from the shootout scenes in the last episode (which was still excellent, of course). Kim being in danger is always going to be more tense than Jimmy or Mike being in danger.

guys who live in New Mexico need to bring sunscreen and a big hat when driving around the desert in their cars, especially when the car is like Saul's...

I wonder where the show goes from here.

What I would like to see: Kim was such a boss talking down Lalo that I would *like* to see her team up with Jimmy as he transitions to becoming a "criminal" lawyer. He would finally be the bread-winner in the relationship (as dirty as that bread is), and Kim can focus solely on her pro-bono cases and on advising Jimmy with his "criminal" law practice -- when he's gone too far, what clients to take on, etc. By the end of the series, will us viewers realize that had Kim been around to advise Jimmy, he would never have taken on Walter White as a client?

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Nacho doesn't appear in Breaking Bad but Saul mentions him in his first appearance.
    Tracked down a clip of what you're referencing.

Pretty cool how the writers will end up building out 6 seasons of Better Call Saul around 10 seconds of dialogue there.

Season finale is tonight.

(Very afraid for Nacho tonight. Lalo now wants Nacho to drive him into Mexico instead of just dropping him off...)

Awesome season finale, imo. What did everyone else thing?

Did you buy Kim's turn?

Saw a funny meme about the progression of Kim's hair during the episode:

And the amazing Lalo, whom I adore, survived of course. Nacho and Gus are in some trouble now. Maybe Jimmy, too.

Awesome season finale, imo. What did everyone else thing?

Did you buy Kim's turn?

Saw a funny meme about the progression of Kim's hair during the episode:

And the amazing Lalo, whom I adore, survived of course. Nacho and Gus are in some trouble now. Maybe Jimmy, too.
    Loved the finale as well! Gilligan and co. never let us down.

I somewhat bought Kim's "turn" but definitely felt uncomfortable watching her and Jimmy awkwardly discuss all of that. Is this Sandpiper plan the beginning of the end for Kim?

-Her little *pew pew* toy gun aimed at Jimmy was almost identical to Jimmy's "it's all good!" at the end of S4. The tables have turned. Jimmy seemed scared for her well-being.

Lalo is such a great add to this show. Got Terminator vibes from him at the end. I don't think Jimmy is in trouble (although he may think he is) -- I do think Gus and Mike are in for a hell of a blowback. At first I thought maybe Nacho had room for an alibi but not with the way the cameras showed Lalo focusing on both glasses still being full near the fire pit. Knowing Lalo, he will be very cerebral in his approach. May even use Nacho to triple cross Gus? Lalo had the awareness to use the only still-living hitman to call his people to let them know it was tough but that they got the job done. Lalo is such a bad MF'er.

Can't believe we will most likely have to wait 2 years to see the final season. S5 has been the best one yet.

Pretty cool how the writers will end up building out 6 seasons of Better Call Saul around 10 seconds of dialogue there.
    Also read that Lalo is referenced in Breaking Bad when Pinkman takes Saul out to the desert. Saul says to Pinkman "what you mean Lalo didn't send you?" And the writers created all the backstory from there...
    Good people drink good beer. -Hunter S. Thompson

I would not want Lalo on my case...bungling the hit on him will have consequences I would imagine...really good episode...

First of all, thanks for tracking down this video. I am also impressed that the writers turned what seems to be a throwaway line from Bread Bad into a major plot line for Better Call Saul. I suspect that the process which led to this would be fascinating to learn about. Did the writers re-read all of Saul's dialogue from Breaking Bad in search of plot points for Better Call Saul? If so, I wonder what made them choose this line to build a story around. Were there any other throwaway lines they considered building plotlines around? Heck, why was this line of dialogue so specific in the original show?

It is rare for TV or movies to include dialogue referencing characters which are never again mentioned. I can't imagine that the writers anticipated BCS when they first introduced Saul in Breaking Bad, so I don't envision them playing some kind of David Foster Wallace-like long game with the audience by mentioning Ignacio and Lalo. That leads me to wonder if the writers were planning to include Ignacio and Lalo in Breaking Bad and something changed. I remember hearing that the writers originally intended to Saul to be killed off in Break Bad after serving as comic relief for a couple episodes. If this is the case, I wonder if they were originally planning for Ignacio and Lalo to appear in Breaking Bad but changed their mind when they decided not to kill off Saul (by Lalo?).

That being said, as much as I am appreciate the video you shared, it changed the dynamic of watching the most recent episode of BCS. The Breaking Bad dialog leaves the impression that when Saul meets Walt and Jesse in the future, Saul is trying to blame something on Ignacio ("It wasn't me, it was Ignacio") and is still terrified of Lalo ("you mean Lalo didn't send you?"). Knowing that made me think it was unlikely that the assassination attempt of Lalo was going to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    First of all, thanks for tracking down this video. I am also impressed that the writers turned what seems to be a throwaway line from Bread Bad into a major plot line for Better Call Saul. I suspect that the process which led to this would be fascinating to learn about. Did the writers re-read all of Saul's dialogue from Breaking Bad in search of plot points for Better Call Saul? If so, I wonder what made them choose this line to build a story around. Were there any other throwaway lines they considered building plotlines around? Heck, why was this line of dialogue so specific in the original show?

It is rare for TV or movies to include dialogue referencing characters which are never again mentioned. I can't imagine that the writers anticipated BCS when they first introduced Saul in Breaking Bad, so I don't envision them playing some kind of David Foster Wallace-like long game with the audience by mentioning Ignacio and Lalo. That leads me to wonder if the writers were planning to include Ignacio and Lalo in Breaking Bad and something changed. I remember hearing that the writers originally intended to Saul to be killed off in Break Bad after serving as comic relief for a couple episodes. If this is the case, I wonder if they were originally planning for Ignacio and Lalo to appear in Breaking Bad but changed their mind when they decided not to kill off Saul (by Lalo?).

That being said, as much as I am appreciate the video you shared, it changed the dynamic of watching the most recent episode of BCS. The Breaking Bad dialog leaves the impression that when Saul meets Walt and Jesse in the future, Saul is trying to blame something on Ignacio ("It wasn't me, it was Ignacio") and is still terrified of Lalo ("you mean Lalo didn't send you?"). Knowing that made me think it was unlikely that the assassination attempt of Lalo was going to be successful.
    Here's a bit of the story of how Lalo was added to BCS, among other interesting tidbits

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/breaking...n-lalo-2652496

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-f...erview-984340/
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

we are back with the 1st half of season 1. Started Monday in a special 2 episode (2.5 hour) season premiere. Masterful as usual. Would love to discuss the Gus-Nacho situation. Seems to be a lot of confusion from what I've read online.

2.5 hours (including commercials) and not a single wasted frame or piece of dialogue (excluding commercials). The intro to episode 1 was very interesting. The last scene in episode 2 may have been Kim fully 'breaking bad.'