View Poll Results: What will the electoral vote count look like?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clinton Landslide: 350+ EVs

6 5.66%
  • Clinton strong win: 325-350 EVs

25 23.58%
  • Clinton solid win: 300-324 EVs

53 50.00%
  • Clinton close win: 280-299 EVs

14 13.21%
  • Clinton barely wins: 270-279 EVs

4 3.77%
  • Tie: 269-269 EVs (also vote here if neither candidate get to 270)

1 0.94%
  • Trump barely wins: 270-279 EVs

1 0.94%
  • Trump close win: 280-299 EVs

2 1.89%
  • Trump solid win: 300-324 EVs

0 0%
  • Trump strong win: 325+ EVs

0 0%
Page 825 of 825 FirstFirst ... 325725775815823824825
Results 16,481 to 16,489 of 16489
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Hey, God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. He rejected Adam and Steve for Ben and Jerry. Believe in the Lord!

I have no idea what the relevance is to the quoted post.
    It's ok to have this here since it is about ice cream. If you had mentioned PopTarts, you would be relegated to the LTE.

Lock it up!
    Lock it up!
    Lock it up!
    Lock it up!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Lock it up!
    Lock it up!
    Lock it up!
    Lock it up!
    LTE: 5.6145 posts per day
    Pres race: 25.4321 posts per day

Pres has bigger hands.
    ~rthomas

Randy Newman:

https://youtu.be/OHBtS9sSWns

James Brown:

https://youtu.be/8_ODghRTeyQ

Temptations:

https://youtu.be/-9poCAuYT-s

Good luck y'all. Go Duke.

Oh, and my best historical analogy for Trump: Grant. for so many reasons.

You'll thank me in future years, trust me.

As this thread winds to a close, I thought it might be fun to take a look back. There was no way I was going to go through all 16,000+ post, so I thought I would post some “highlights” from the first post of each of the 19 months this thread was active.

This is all intended in good fun, so apologies if any of the heavily edited content below misrepresents anyone.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and special thanks to Jason for keeping it alive.

2-6-2015 (Post #1)
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    We love to look ahead and predict the future, and it's getting time to be that time of the political season where potential candidates are making themselves seriously known. (Whether they are taken seriously by anyone else is another story.)
    3-3-2015 (Post #109) This was actually the 2nd post of March 2015, but it is too good to leave out.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am sure the voters will be furious at her for... ummm... using a different email account than .gov.

If there is any evidence she is hiding some emails, then there might be something here, but absent that kind of story, this could not be more of a yawn.

-Jason "projected impact on the actual race = 0%" Evans
    4-1-2015 (Post #220)
    Jumping in early and getting some media attention appears to have really helped Ted Cruz. PPP just did a national GOP poll and Cruz is suddenly in the top tier of GOP contenders.

Walker 20, Bush 17, Cruz 16, Carson 10, Paul 10, Rubio6, Huckabee 6, Christie 4, Perry 3

The poll finds some real sources of concern for Jeb Bush. His favorable rating among "very conservative" voters is just 27% while 55% of the "very consevative" crowd say they do not like him. That's a big deal.
    5-1-2015 (Post #268)
    Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Three more republican candidates enter the fray in what is shaping up to be another crowded GOP field this cycle.
    6-1-2015 (Post #319)
    Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Another early poll, this time across parties, with bad news for HRC:

What has got to be troubling for her supporters and team are the trends in public perception of her honesty, competance, and the ever-silly "does she care about people like me" question. I refer to that last one as silly, because I doubt many candidates in either party give a hoot about the details of the life of John and Jane Smith in Everytown, Flyover State. But it's a perception issue that does swing votes.
    7-1-2015 (Post #366)
    I think he'll last much longer. His rhetoric appeals to a large share of the base. Hence, his # 2 status in recent polls.
    8-1-2015 (Post #577)
    The key point is that Clinton's national numbers are trending down significantly. She's -10 on favorable/unfavorable and -20 on honesty and trustworthy in the latest Quinnipiac poll as I noted before. It's fair to conclude the email issue is driving the public's perception. There is a long way to go but the email story isn't going away anytime soon.
    9-1-2015 (Post #1078) This was actually the final post of August 2015, but I had to include it because, well, how many other discussions of this year's election involved a thoughtful analysis of the 1848 race?
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post

It's kind of funny, because I would have thought that Winfield Scott would have been the better candidate in 1848 in the wake of the war with Mexico. Scott was the higher-ranking officer in the Mexican-American War and was far more successful than Taylor. In fact, after he captured Mexico City in a brilliant campaign and won the war, the Duke of Wellington proclaimed him the greatest soldier in the world.

I guess I'm saying that we don't always elect the right man. I firmly believe that if we were going to elect a Mexican War general, it should have been Scott and not Taylor.
    10-1-2015 (Post #1562)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Trump IS conservative, more or less. It's just that he's a paleocon instead of a neocon. Neocons have so dominated conservatism and the Republican Party for about 25 years now that being "conservative" nowadays means to most people being a neocon.

It's interesting. Of the 15 remaining GOP candidates, 13 are neocons, 1 is libertarian (Paul), and 1 is a paleocon (Trump). Trump being the only paleo is why he's the only candidate talking about trade deals and building wall.
    11-1-2015 (Post #2081)
    Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    I'm finding myself more and more being drawn in by the special interest groups and feeling like what I really want to do with my vote is find who they like the least and vote for them.
    12-1-2015 (Post #2579)

And, on a totally different note, my respect for Ted Cruz just shot through the roof. He spent several minutes at an event in Iowa yesterday reenacting a scene from The Princess Bride.
    Better than his reading of Green Eggs and Ham on the Senate floor but probably not enough to push him over the top.
    1-1-2016 (Post #2940) Wouldn’t be a proper recap without a “New Hamster” from budwom
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    On another note I was very surprised to see that Trump is coming to Vermont and giving a speech next week...no indication of a fundraiser...not sure what the logic is as Vermont's primary is pretty pointless, and not imminent...unless Trump just looked at a map and decided why not stop by while he's in the New Hamster area.
    2-1-2016 (Post #3394)
    As President Santorum reminded me the other day, winning this Iowa caucus is absolutely crucial.
    3-1-2016 (Post #4230)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Duke's Peter Feaver, a famed political scientist and alum of the national security team in the Bush White House, chimes in on whether Trump's illegal military orders--i.e., target and kill civilians--will be followed by our military leaders: http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/02/29/...en-bill-maher/
    4-1-2016 (Post #5275)
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Trump is now saying "very rich Muslims" can come in to the country under his administration. I wonder how long it takes for someone to remind him that Osama Bin Laden was loaded.
    5-1-2016 (Post #6003) More history
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    So, I think the "most hated man in the South" is inaccurate. I think Johnson earned that honor, simply by doing his job. Warren was only on the radar because he was an easy, defenseless, target who would likely support those policies at the Court level. Those cases arrived at the Court rapidly beginning in 1964 with McClung.
    6-1-2016 (Post #7230)

Hillary's biggest problem isn't Bernie, it's herself, by a long shot.
    7-1-2016 (Post #8025)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Lynch to accept FBI recommendation on Clinton email investigation, supposedly. Which should help with confidence in the proceedings I think:
    8-1-2016 (Post #9641)
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    With 100 days until the election, what is the over/under on whether or not this thread will overtake the number of pages of "The Longest Thread Ever"?
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I think we'll overtake hmmm, beer this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    As we grow closer and closer to the actual election, I'm guessing we'll all need more and more beer.
    9-1-2016 (Post #11078)
    She's been too busy dancing with Bonjovi and Sir Paul in the Hamptons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Actually, today she was meeting with vets in Ohio, I believe.
    10-1-2016 (Post #12455)
    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled View Post
    Here's another parody - different creator but similar technique to the Bernie & Hillary concert one I posted. This one is of a Star Wars variety *warning: F-word makes an appearance*. (I'm trying to entertain myself while waiting for Bad Lip Reading and SNL debate coverage)
    11-1-2016 (Post #14800) This was actually the 8th post of the month, but it seems like a good place to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Meanwhile, Nate Silver has raised the chances of a Trump win (or a Clinton loss, however you look at it), up to 25%.

By hook or by crook I'll be last in this book.

Thread.
    Tchau for now...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

The time is almost here. Time to shut this bugger down.

It has been a fun ride. At times it has been frustrating and maddening -- keeping ya'll in line was not easy -- but I will mostly remember the fun. I thought of a bunch of things I wanted to say, but it felt too much like a eulogy and I did not want to go there. I merely leave you all with a hearty thanks. Thanks for participating; thanks for abiding by the rules (especially when the rules were not exactly clear); and thanks for just watching it all unfold.

It was a political season that started out as the most obvious and boring of races. We all predicted it would be Clinton vs Bush. We were all wrong. And up to the very end, the number of us who saw how things would really turn out was painfully small. I think even the folks who picked Trump in the poll were at least mildly surprised that it came out that way.

I have not discussed it with my fellow mods, but I hope we have shown we can play nicely in the sandbox and that we will be able to do this again -- certainly in 4 years and perhaps in 2. Until then...

As Sam Malone said as that last person came up to the door... "Sorry, we're closed."

-Jason "I leave it to a special person to post the last post in the thread... everything is a circle. CB&B, take us home..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    "We love to look ahead and predict the future, and it's getting time to be that time of the political season where potential candidates are making themselves seriously known. (Whether they are taken seriously by anyone else is another story.)"

As House P reminded us above, those are the words that I opened this thread with. I don't think it is much of a stretch to say that none of us (except for NostraUdaman) could have predicted the amazing 640 plus days to follow after that first statement until Donald J. Trump was named President-Elect. This election has been an incredible journey, one that history courses will likely be formed around. I can easily say that I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime.

While the course of events have been stressful at times, this thread has been a wonderful and constant source of different viewpoints, moments of levity, and appreciated debate. The ideas shared here, in our (mostly) civil and thoughtful voices, have been a pleasant break from the cacophony of social media. As the sarcastic saying goes, "It's on the internet so it must be true"; happily that sarcasm is lost here.

As others have said, I'd like to extend a heartfelt thank you to Jason for doing his best to keep this thread in line. The other mods deserve thanks as well, but he captained the ship, making a stand for us a few times. I wonder how close we'd be to the LTE if he hadn't been kept so busy deleting PPB posts, haha!

The election is now over, and our country is going to face a new direction. Some of us aren't happy, some of us are. Eight years ago when Obama took office, there was an air of hope, uncertainty, and for some, fear. The exact same thing can be said today. Here we are, 8 years later having survived our last presidency, as we always do, envisioning where we go next. Our country is greater than one person; we are great because of the sum of our parts.

See you all in a couple years, as we begin the honored process again of deciding whether our direction is one we are happy with, or if we want a new path. - CB&B

USA!!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."