2015 Alumni Directory

For a long time, Duke University has issued the alumni directory in multiple-of-five years.

Despite having my current address, Duke has told me nothing of the 2015 edition. Is this the year we finally went e-, or what's going on here?

I don't want my 2008-2013 contact information in there, I can tell you that.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I haven't heard anything as of yet. I still have a CD version from a while back.

We've only had 2015 for three weeks. What's the rush?

I've never received, or that I recall have been offered, an alumni directory. Duke has my address (a PO box, as most people in the mountains have) because I've had transcripts sent out.

Like hurleyfor3, I do not recall ever receiving, or being offered, a printed alumni directory.

The www.dukealumni.com website, however, has a searchable online directory. And, I was surprised how much information it contains about each person. I believe you have to go in and affirmatively make certain fields private ... if you don't, a lot of your information that Duke has is available to those who have access to search the site (and I think I got access simply by being an alum and registering).

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    We've only had 2015 for three weeks. What's the rush?

I've never received, or that I recall have been offered, an alumni directory. Duke has my address (a PO box, as most people in the mountains have) because I've had transcripts sent out.
    I the past, they've always called me on the phone in about August or September of XXX4 or XXX9 to verify my information for the print edition coming out in XXX5 or XXX0. And pressure me into buying it.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I think I got snookered into overpaying for the 2000 edition of the print copy that ended up serving as a door stop. My guess is that the print alumni directory has gone the way of the print encyclopedia - I highly doubt Duke will be publishing it when all of the information is available online. Frankly, I would be disappointed if Duke wasted the time and money publishing it because except for some less tech-savvy older alums, I don't think there is much demand for it.