Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Miami 90, Duke 74 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. But be sure to avoid violating our Posting Guidelines. No destructive negativity. No team, player, or coach bashing. If you're going to criticize, do it constructively.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Thank the Goddess! Matt didn't fouled out.

Wow

Well I'll own up to my total misread of this game. I said beforehand that I'd be disappointed if we won by less than 20, and stunned if won by less than 10. So color me disappointed, stunned, and seriously recalibrating my expectations for our team this year.

Won't go into details on the various shortcomings as I'm sure those will be adequately covered by others. Enjoy.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Good one guys. That was a funny practical joke, but enough is enough.

Angel freaking Rodriguez just said that he expected to beat Duke. K, maybe it's time to back off on defense, not really working.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

They shouldn't be ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Put your post-game thoughts here. But be sure to avoid violating our Posting Guidelines. No destructive negativity. No team, player, or coach bashing. If you're going to criticize, do it constructively.
    Wow. Not much to say really. Still time to get better. Team will get reset at some point but it could be a brutal start to the season they way the schedule is laid out. This is how you grow as a team. This will be a big test of team leadership- from players and coaches. That was a very bad night.

Quote Originally Posted by cptnflash View Post
    Well I'll own up to my total misread of this game. I said beforehand that I'd be disappointed if we won by less than 20, and stunned if won by less than 10. So color me disappointed, stunned, and seriously recalibrating my expectations for our team this year.

Won't go into details on the various shortcomings as I'm sure those will be adequately covered by others. Enjoy.
    Ditto on every bit of that. I expected a blowout for us, and it was reversed.

I take back my comment about this year being as good as the '99 team.

Many areas to work on but at this point, it's gotta start with Heart and a sense of pride for the letters on the uni. Tonight was just...putrid

Why does it feel like this happens every January? We play some tough teams in the non conference schedule but the wheels come off in conference play. What is the reason for this seemingly annual trend?

This was an unexpected and unwelcomed result. Rodriguez made Cameron his personal playground. Very disheartening. We are entering our toughest stretch if the season needing some kind of elixir. The ghost of 1000 hath arrived.

The team that played the last 2 games shouldn't make the tourney.

First of all, I don't care who Miami lost to this year (E. Kentucky, etc). Miami is a good team. Rodriguez was very good at Kansas St. Jekiri is a HUGE center. McClellan is solid, too.

Not shocked they won.

I am shocked that it was a blowout.

50% FT shooting hurt. A lot.

Runouts on turnovers and long rebounds hurt.

And again, a team hitting unsustainable % from 3. Miami was 50% from 3! They even had a banked 3 and one that bounced off the front of the rim and in.

Larranaga said after the game what a lot of people say about Duke extending the perimeter D - if you have guards that can get by them, there is a lot of open space available after that first line of defense. I think the rule changes/enforcements over the years focusing on hand checking really defeated the idea that you can play that kind of D all game long.

Hopefully they get it sorted out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjeffrey View Post
    Why does it feel like this happens every January? We play some tough teams in the non conference schedule but the wheels come off in conference play. What is the reason for this seemingly annual trend?
    It's...not a trend. What are you talking about?

Was that game played at the local rec center?
    I've never heard Cameron so quiet.
    VERY Sad to see the people lucky enough to be inches from the court standing there in silence for 90% of the game. What a shame.

We are so good Nov-Dec. Lets shorten the season by a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjeffrey View Post
    Based on some of our reactions to the refs it appears that we are not able to roll with the calls very well. We have to learn to accept those things much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    This was an unexpected and unwelcomed result. Rodriguez made Cameron his personal playground. Very disheartening. We are entering our toughest stretch if the season needing some kind of elixir. The ghost of 1000 hath arrived.
    Mini-Vasquez. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Can we bash idiots who post stupid pre-game predictions that we will run over a conference opponent by 20? Because that is some pretty egregious crap.

Quote Originally Posted by cptnflash View Post

You said a whole lot more than this, too. I'm being polite when I suggest you please refrain from this in the future,

Quote Originally Posted by dbowen View Post
    Was that game played at the local rec center?
    I've never heard Cameron so quiet.
    VERY Sad to see the people lucky enough to be inches from the court standing there in silence for 90% of the game. What a shame.
    Yes, *that's* what we should focus on. Sheesh.