View Poll Results: How many conf losses will the ACC reg season first-place finisher have?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero (UVA or Cuse goes undefeated)

1 1.92%
  • One

4 7.69%
  • Two

15 28.85%
  • Three

25 48.08%
  • Four

7 13.46%
  • Five

0 0%
  • Six or more

0 0%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Poll: how many conference losses will take the regular season "title"?

OK, looks like the ACC is going to have a wide-open race like we had regularly in the 1980's. Should be fun. How many losses will earn the top seed come conference tournament time?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    OK, looks like the ACC is going to have a wide-open race like we had regularly in the 1980's. Should be fun. How many losses will earn the top seed come conference tournament time?
    UVA will lose 3.

Poll didn't work, maybe a mod can fill one in.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    One. It happened today.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

3 is my guess.

I think three may be right, four is possible. And not giving the race to UVa in the second week of January.

Need to tighten up.

Regardless, a single conference loss is far from a time to get down. I don't think anyone will run the table, nor even get away with a single loss.

Duke was a bit shell shocked, by the intensity at Wake, and managed to pull that out...Is that what happened today? Guys bricking shots in the face of intensity and spazzing on D?

Poll added. The question is slightly different then the one asked by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    Duke was a bit shell shocked, by the intensity at Wake, and managed to pull that out...Is that what happened today? Guys bricking shots in the face of intensity and spazzing on D?
    We suddenly looked like a team starting 3 freshmen. Frustrated easily, no composure, no leadership.

Lots to learn from, and ten weeks to do the teaching.

Go Duke!

One. UVa will lose to us.

The last seven seasons, the ACC regular season champion has had 2 losses four times and 3 losses three times. With the ACC currently having five teams in Pomeroy's top 15 (and upsets always possible, as we learned today), I think this year's champion will be on the high side of that range, so I chose 3 losses in the poll.

I'm not giving this thing to VA just yet. We still get a game against them and they gotta play Carolina, Louisville, and many games that they could lose still. So we lost a game, its the ACC and there won't be any games that we can take a day off. Now Virginia has the target on their back lets see how they respond.

I voted one. Before yesterday I would have voted zero. Yes, I'm being a homer. Go Duke!

I went 3 with 2 as a possibility. Still think it comes down to Duke and UVa with the winner of the game in Charlottesville determining it.

Seven out, line away, pay the twos