Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Au contraire, that's exactly what Rreilly was speculating above (not practicing this year).
    No, I was not speculating that Daniel would not practice this year.

I was simply defining what would constitute a grayshirt -- which would be not practicing this year.

If I had to bet, I'd bet that (a) Daniel will practice this year; and (b) that the reporter mis-used the term grayshirt.

Football recruiting is shady at best and downright dirty most of the time. Based on things I've read in various places on the Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    ...but I guess that ends any wondering if Cut still pursues commits to other schools...
    Coach Cutcliffe does not actively pursue recruits who are committed elsewhere, unless that recruit initiates the contact.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    ...even though he has said if a Duke commit looks elsewhere he'll end the relationship.
    The key ingredient to a recruit looking elsewhere is honest communications. If a recruit is upfront and tells the staff, I'm committed to Duke but believe I have to listen to school b or take a visit to team b, that is okay.

There isn't a black and white answer to the questions you raise/statements you make, the situation is firmly gray. At least that's the way I see the situation.
    Bob Green