Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Happy Thanksgiving, DBR!

Today I give thanks for good times with family and friends. I'm thankful to have my health and the ability to put a good meal on the table. I've got a rib roast in the oven and my turkey is about to go on the grill. Cornbread dressing is my specialty. My daughter cooked pecan and pumpkin pies last night and my sister is bringing sweet potatoes and collards. Here is hoping everyone has a wonderful day.

p.s. My dad shot an 8-point buck last week so the freezer will be full of venison again this winter.
    Bob Green

Gobble gobble y'all!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Time to start the pumpkin bread and the pies. OPK, the gravy won't start until much later. Should I set some aside for you?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Time to start the pumpkin bread and the pies. OPK, the gravy won't start until much later. Should I set some aside for you?
    Yes, please.

Mashed potatoes start shipping in two weeks!

Gobble, quack, cluck.

Have a blessed celebration today everyone.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

fooooooooooooooootballlllllllllllllllll....

gobble gobble....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Happy Thanksgiving!

I want to wish all the Duke fans a Happy Thanksgiving. My wife and I have a lot to be thankful for. Our son, Jeff, is now cancer free and doing well. I want to thank all that prayed for him(and us) during those troubling days. There is power in prayer. I also want to wish our Tar Heel friend, Wheat, a Happy Thanksgiving as well. God bless and GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I want to wish all the Duke fans a Happy Thanksgiving. My wife and I have a lot to be thankful for. Our son, Jeff, is now cancer free and doing well. I want to thank all that prayed for him(and us) during those troubling days. There is power in prayer. I also want to wish our Tar Heel friend, Wheat, a Happy Thanksgiving as well. God bless and GoDuke!
    Happy thanksgiving to you and your family. That's great news about your son....a healthy and happy family is precious indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    That's great news. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

JV,
    Happy Thanksgiving. Blessings to your family. And a Happy and peaceful Thanksgiving to Duke fans everywhere.

Sincerely positive vibes to jv001 and family.

As for Wheat, may he fine tune his stoic sense of perspective during the coming months as his team suffers a miserable season, administrators and coaches are shamed, and the university and the banner count take well-deserved hits. And for that, may we all be thankful.

Damn, that was good!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Mashed potatoes start shipping in two weeks!

I have an envelope ready.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Riley2.jpg

(The original isn't sideways... not sure why it rotated when I uploaded it.)

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    On this day, in particular, after joining my extended family and stuffing our faces, I want to say "Thank you" to the men and women of our armed services serving abroad - soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines - that don't have the opportunity to spend the day with their loved ones.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    On this day, in particular, after joining my extended family and stuffing our faces, I want to say "Thank you" to the men and women of our armed services serving abroad - soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines - that don't have the opportunity to spend the day with their loved ones.
    Could not agree more. Come home safe.

Thankful for DBR, keeping everyone in the loop of everything Duke, and more!!!!

Everyone have a safe Thanksgiving Holiday and Weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Amen! I'm so thankful for the men and women of armed services.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Gobble, quack, cluck.

Have a blessed celebration today everyone.
    Did you make Turducken?

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Did you make Turducken?
    I put dd on a "chicken with a beer in his butt" guy instead.

Because of the beer, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Did you make Turducken?
    Not this year. Just wanted to cover several fowls with one greeting. Had one roasted turkey and one fried bird.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.