Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    During halftime of the Wichita State-Notre Dame game, I saw Greg Gumbel wearing a blazer that he must have borrowed from Roy Williams' closet. Can anyone produce a screenshot? There are 3 more halftime studio shows tonight.
    brev I think you meant that Gumbel had three of ol Huck's blazers sewn together. Greg's a husky guy.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    During halftime of the Wichita State-Notre Dame game, I saw Greg Gumbel wearing a blazer that he must have borrowed from Roy Williams' closet. Can anyone produce a screenshot? There are 3 more halftime studio shows tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    brev I think you meant that Gumbel had three of ol Huck's blazers sewn together. Greg's a husky guy.
    Found it.

gumbelhill.jpg

You forget that the Julian family uses a special expandable fabric, and Roy always stuffs his old blazers with unused timeouts.

Am I the only one who finds Bill Rafftery (sic) annoying as one of announcers on the CBS broadcast? Admittedly, he's not as bad as Dickie V but I don't really find that he adds much to the broadcasts and he speaks in a series of sports cliches. Jim Nantz is Ok as the play by play guy and I'm impressed so far with Grant Hill, but I really don't know why Bill Rafftery is on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Am I the only one who finds Bill Rafftery (sic) annoying as one of announcers on the CBS broadcast? Admittedly, he's not as bad as Dickie V but I don't really find that he adds much to the broadcasts and he speaks in a series of sports cliches. Jim Nantz is Ok as the play by play guy and I'm impressed so far with Grant Hill, but I really don't know why Bill Rafftery is on the team.
    . . . and when trying to be dramatic, he speaks in his "constipated" voice. Really irritating, but still slightly better than Len Elmore.

I watched the Duke Feed on TNT last night. Alaa Abdelnay did the color and Chris Spatola was sideline reporter. Think Alaa actually said us or we a few times. I enjoy a little positive Duke bias in the broadcast. Refreshing change!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    I watched the Duke Feed on TNT last night. Alaa Abdelnay did the color and Chris Spatola was sideline reporter. Think Alaa actually said us or we a few times. I enjoy a little positive Duke bias in the broadcast. Refreshing change!
    I also watched the Duke feed and think this is a great idea. This is sports and as fans we love to hear the biased point of view. I also like that the interviews in game (which I usually hate because they take away from the game action) were at least interesting. I DVDed the game and I want to re-listen to the interview with Chris Collins and Mr. Okafor. They also most have been able to select their own camera feed because at the end of the game they showed Mrs. K hugging all of the Duke players rather than showing equal time of the players from each team.