Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MBB: Duke vs. Temple (Brooklyn, Fri 2130 EST, TruTV) Pregame/Ingame Thread

This isn't a thread yet? Duke Football truly has arrived.

A couple of undefeated teams. But Temple only goes 8 deep with the starting 5 getting most of the minutes, and they've got a team ratio of 17:29 assists to turnovers against their two early opponents.

The depth of the Duke team will vary from game to game. I think we're likely to see more players in the Duke rotation in games such as this. Then a tighter rotation in games against top-25 opponents.

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    The depth of the Duke team will vary from game to game. I think we're likely to see more players in the Duke rotation in games such as this. Then a tighter rotation in games against top-25 opponents.
    Having a healthy Sulaimon would make it easier to field the second unit. Hope no one else catches what he had.

Temple's first win this year was 40-37 over American. Egads!
    http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400586667

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    Temple's first win this year was 40-37 over American. Egads!
    http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400586667
    The Owls have shot 22.9% (American) and 43.1% (La. Tech.). Both were home games for them.

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    The Owls have shot 22.9% (American) and 43.1% (La. Tech.). Both were home games for them.
    Really hard rims in Philly?

apropos to not much, being on TruTV isn't exactly the big time (but at least most of us can watch it)

Doubt Bill Cosby will be in the stands rooting for his Temple team...

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    This isn't a thread yet? Duke Football truly has arrived.
    Well... now that the unc football game is history... LETS GO DUKE!!!!

Does anyone know a link to watch the game?...I have fallen victim to the to the Turner vs Dish dispute.

trutv streams

Quote Originally Posted by Brockt10 View Post
    Does anyone know a link to watch the game?...I have fallen victim to the to the Turner vs Dish dispute.
    TruTV streams its content, or so it appears, so if you were to have a login from a subscriber that uses a system that provides TruTV, such as Verizon FIOS, you could watch it live.

http://www.trutv.com/live/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brockt10 View Post
    Wow . . . I didn't even realize this happened. I'm on Dish, too. Good thing I have Charter for my internet. Should be able to stream it with that. Get your crap together, Dish . . .

Duke @ UNLV, December 15, 2016

Not to look too far ahead, but we may play UNLV tomorrow. Even if we don't, a local report in the fish wrap this morning is that Duke will play UNLV at the soon-to-be-completed 20,000 seat MGM arena on December 15, 2016.

This would be the first basketball game played in the arena and would be a homecoming for Chase Jeter. It could also showcase a matchup between Jeter and his HS teammate, Stephen Zimmerman, who hasn't announced but could end up at UNLV. That assumes both that Zimmerman ends up at UNLV and that he a Jeter play college ball into their sophomore years. The game will also be played in Troy Brown's home town his senior year (6-5 PG, 2017). There is a lot of HS basketball talent in Las Vegas right now, so it could be a showcase game for the Duke program. Findlay Prep and Bishop Gorman are in Vegas.

I still get good-natured ribbing when I wear my Duke stuff around Las Vegas. A lot of the old-timers remember that semi-final game in 1991. I think it has a particular bitterness for them, because it marked the start of a long slide.

Anyway, it's circled on my calendar. Y'all come.

Crap, I am on Dish and centurylink for internet. Guess I am out of luck.

Time Warner dropped TruTv from our basic package last year. Is there a link where we can stream the game????

Thanks!
    Go Duke!!!!

Looks like Goduke.com will stream the audio live, but not the video. If past practice holds, they'll have a full-game replay available later. You have to be a subscriber, which I am, but I'm disappointed my coin doesn't get me a live video telecast. I guess I'll have to wander up to the local sports book to see the game live.

I offered to host Supadave for the game - so if any of you want to make the trek down the yellow brick road, I can probably find a spot on the sofa for you to join us. I have wine - you bring chocolate. Beer, too, if that is your beverage of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I offered to host Supadave for the game - so if any of you want to make the trek down the yellow brick road, I can probably find a spot on the sofa for you to join us. I have wine - you bring chocolate. Beer, too, if that is your beverage of choice.
    Picking up a 6-pack now.

A bit off-topic, but the Virginia, Kentucky, and Wake games are all scheduled to stream live on ESPN3 tonight.

Game

While we were in a different league than Presbyterian and Fairfield, we got a much more competitive game from Michigan State who exposed some of our inexperience. That was to be expected against such a well coached team. Remember, they were somewhat shorthanded. The Temple game will be an opportunity to improve some of our weaker areas, such as rebounding and interior defense. We are the superior team going into tonight and should win fairly easily. Their main hope is if they can have a hot 3 point shooting night or get Okafor into foul trouble early on.

We get TRUTV here in Florida so I will get to watch this one following a concert we are going to early in the evening.