Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That was rather Meek. I guess you ran out of ammunition in (post #44) the Army preview thread.
    Just Jonesing for some ball. I hate puns, and my goduke.com subscription has no replay of the Furman game. It's Kellying me. What was the point of Pociousing it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    ... What was the point of Pociousing it in the first place?
    Did you think to Ast somebody at goduke.com about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Did you think to Ast somebody at goduke.com about it?
    Deng, why didn't I think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Deng, why didn't I think of that?
    L(u)OL!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    L(u)OL!
    Marty-pants ...

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Marty-pants ...
    Nolan's posted anything good here for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Nolan's posted anything good here for awhile.
    Semi-true. There have been some good puns, but I hate puns.

And I have to lay low for a couple days to deal with domestic issues. I was out of town on a motorcycle tour, and the wifey seriously Gminsked me when I was gone. She thought I was on a Bender, but I'm not a Boozer. It was just a typical guy trip on bikes. Lots of Miles, Bank(s)ing hard around the corners.
    Last edited by Henderson; 11-29-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Officials

BTW, I miss the personal discussions of officials we used to have. In years gone by, many CIS chants were directed at them personally by name. I'm Hank-ering for that time when students reviled Nichols. But Lenny, oh, Lenny. He was the Wurtz. And the fans let him know.

Finally found where the weather suits my clothes – and settled down in Brentwood, CA

Back to the puns…

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Devil View Post
    He's not just Amile, he's an entire buffet, served up with assists from a great Cook, who would go to the Matt for him to get Justice!

Grey Devil

P.S. I had a roommate my freshman year at Duke who could make puns on almost anything, including the word supercalifragilstexpialadocious!
    My apologies for renewing the posts to this thread, as I’m sure everyone got sick of them after a period of time, but I finally had an opportunity to remember and recreate the pun my freshman roommate made up when I was just a young student at Duke. As my post indicates (above) he came up with the following pun, that, in my opinion, was simply incredible:

“There once was a young Aztec man from central Mexico who was quite athletic. He was so athletic that he represented his country in the Olympics, and won several medals for his abilities in gymnastics. When he returned home he was honored to be named an honorary head of his tribe - a caliph, if you will. Needing to make some money, as he had been an amateur athlete, he took up teaching – and like everything else in his life, he excelled at it. The students loved him and did whatever he asked them to do. However, as time went on the underfunded school where he taught suffered from being in a “rough” neighborhood and there were a number of unruly students who got away with a lot of misbehavior. The only person in the school who universally got respect from students, teachers, and administration was him, so he was elevated to the top job to take care of the problems there. When he got the job, he was told, “Super Caliph, agile Aztec, expel all the douches!”

There were many, many such puns my roomie made that year – I wish I could remember a few more. But this one was the most elaborate and complex of them all. And the most memorable, too!

And, by the way, based on the way he played against Louisville, I will have to reiterate: He's not just Amile, he's an entire buffet!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Devil View Post
    My apologies for renewing the posts to this thread, as I’m sure everyone got sick of them after a period of time, but I finally had an opportunity to remember and recreate the pun my freshman roommate made up when I was just a young student at Duke. As my post indicates (above) he came up with the following pun, that, in my opinion, was simply incredible:

“There once was a young Aztec man from central Mexico who was quite athletic. He was so athletic that he represented his country in the Olympics, and won several medals for his abilities in gymnastics. When he returned home he was honored to be named an honorary head of his tribe - a caliph, if you will. Needing to make some money, as he had been an amateur athlete, he took up teaching – and like everything else in his life, he excelled at it. The students loved him and did whatever he asked them to do. However, as time went on the underfunded school where he taught suffered from being in a “rough” neighborhood and there were a number of unruly students who got away with a lot of misbehavior. The only person in the school who universally got respect from students, teachers, and administration was him, so he was elevated to the top job to take care of the problems there. When he got the job, he was told, “Super Caliph, agile Aztec, expel all the douches!”

There were many, many such puns my roomie made that year – I wish I could remember a few more. But this one was the most elaborate and complex of them all. And the most memorable, too!

And, by the way, based on the way he played against Louisville, I will have to reiterate: He's not just Amile, he's an entire buffet!
    I've always referred to these as "shaggy dog" stories, a staple of Flip Wison's opening act on his TV show oh so many years ago. Examples: "That's a Long Way to Tip a Rarie" and "He who Lives in Grass House Should Not Stow Thrones."

My favorite author (the greatest author to ever live) Isaac Asimov so loved such stories he wrote "Shah Guido G"