Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Really enjoying this. A couple things that I will say. 1) that "producer" is a Maryland alum and carries himself as the whiny, d-bag to prove it. 2) I am and will always be convinced Pitino put Timberlake in the game to provoke CL. Timerberlake has played like 30 minutes all year prior to that game if I recall correctly.

One of the two Duke Sucks authors is a real whiny d*bag.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    One of two? Try both.

And that youtube "song" is awful.

What not both?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    And who is this Bagwell guy? He sounds like he's no more mature than a college kid. Saying -as a unc fan & grad- that he feels Duke always 'got away with something'. Really humorous when his school hasn't ever denied playing ineligible players for several decades.

Sweet ending as credits rolled! Laettner showing his kid The Shot in the backyard?!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    And who is this Bagwell guy? He sounds like he's no more mature than a college kid. Saying -as a unc fan & grad- that he feels Duke always 'got away with something'. Really humorous when his school hasn't ever denied playing ineligible players for several decades.
    I hope that Carolina author of Duke Sucks gets interviewed this much when they make a 30 for 30 on the UNC Cheating scandal.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Sweet ending as credits rolled! Laettner showing his kid The Shot in the backyard?!
    Kinda stinks. Only youtube video I get to show my kid is of me falling out of a chair.

I thought that was a great show. Very interesting, very well done. Agreed some of the people being interviewed were, um, a little biased, but I thought their bias was completely clear as the show was presented.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    I thought that was a great show. Very interesting, very well done. Agreed some of the people being interviewed were, um, a little biased, but I thought their bias was completely clear as the show was presented.
    Hardly anyone in the documentary was relevant. I mean, a guy who made a popular YouTube video and one who wrote a bad book were featured the most.

The Fab Five interviews were re-hashed from the "Fab Five" documentary.

Best part of the piece was Brian Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yep, agree, really a good show. And the bitterness of some of the haters is still sweet to Duke fans.

You'd think they'd find some Kentucky fan haters to interview.

Yes! And best of all, he makes exactly "the" move, then swishes "the" shot, then says, probably smirking, to the camera: "You guys didn't think I'd make it the first time." Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Nope. Just some Maryland morons.

They'd be more relevant in a "I hate Kent Benson" documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Why give that Maryland Troll any attention. He made a youtube video, congratu-freakin-lations.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    LOL

RE: The Timberlake stomp.

Whenever you hear about the stomp, it's always about Laettner. But you never hear about that two handed shove into the stanchion or the woofing by Timberlake after he got shoved.
    Agree exactly, never knew about it so you know now that he was provoked. Not saying the "tap' was right but at least there was a reason for it....and I cannot decide who grates on me more, Jalen Rose, the Carolina writer or the knucklehead producer of the youtube video...that should be a poll for us
    "I wanted it to be in my hands," Roach said of his game-sealing drive. "I wanted to take—I wanted that moment."

"Definitely was a bit personal for me," Roach added. "I mean, what happened last year, obviously, but just wanted to come out here and do anything I can to get this win, and we did that." Duke-Carolina, Cameron Indoor, Feb. 4th 2023

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    The Duke "haters" on here real look like clowns. This Bagwell kid in particular.

Jalen still is whiny...but Jimmy King showed some respect.
    Windy City Devil

that may have been the best part of it!!

that and watching those UNLV free throws that were so pure
    "I wanted it to be in my hands," Roach said of his game-sealing drive. "I wanted to take—I wanted that moment."

"Definitely was a bit personal for me," Roach added. "I mean, what happened last year, obviously, but just wanted to come out here and do anything I can to get this win, and we did that." Duke-Carolina, Cameron Indoor, Feb. 4th 2023

My takeaways:

The contrast between those that achieve greatness and those that hate while accomplishing nothing couldn't have been made more clear.

Also, Brian Davis may be more "Nate James" than Nate James... Dude is Real.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Hardly anyone in the documentary was relevant. I mean, a guy who made a popular YouTube video and one who wrote a bad book were featured the most.

The Fab Five interviews were re-hashed from the "Fab Five" documentary.

Best part of the piece was Brian Davis.
    Agree Brian Davis was terrific. But I have to question your assertion that hardly anyone was "relevant"--relevant to what? I thought the people interviewed, especially the two you mention, were extremely relevant to the phenomenon that the show was about--irrational hatred of Christian Laettner, and beyond that of Duke. They were typical examples of same. And in the end, I thought the show as a whole revealed them for what they were.