Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I would happily risk the chance of them beating us or even blowing us out for the chance to ruin their undefeated season.
    And they'll still hate Laettner. There's no downside from a Duke standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I would happily risk the chance of them beating us or even blowing us out for the chance to ruin their undefeated season.
    The thought of them being undefeated terrifies me. If I knew Duke would win, that would be fantastic, but I would not appreciate them beating Duke to cap an undefeated season. That would be disgusting.

bump, here it comes.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    This is so cool, I am going to put it in both Laettner threads. Watching ESPN Bracketology just now, and right before going to break Reece Davis was previewing the "I Hate Christian Laettner" 30 for 30 and Reece said something like 'Why people Hate Christian Laettner" and Bilas immediately responded with "I hate people that hate Christian Laettner". Awesome! Rock on Bilas! Defend a brother in arms!!

LMAO

Brian Davis just owned Jalen Rose re: the Uncle Tom stuff.

BRIAN DAVIS WITH THE SMACKDOWN

Davis is that dude. That was awesome.

So people hated Laettner because he was chippy? A large majority of college players do a lot of that stuff.

Yeah I'm getting pretty peeved. What a bunch of crybabies these old guy opponents still are.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I didn't like Laettner all that much either. When I was 12, I saw him at a Golden Corral, he wouldn't sign an autograph for me and wasn't very nice about it.

But he won games for my favorite team and was a great player and that's all that mattered in the end.

LOL

RE: The Timberlake stomp.

Whenever you hear about the stomp, it's always about Laettner. But you never hear about that two handed shove into the stanchion or the woofing by Timberlake after he got shoved.

I literally ran into him at a uva football game while walking in the tunnels and nearly fainted at how handsome he was, swoon....
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    LOL

RE: The Timberlake stomp.

Whenever you hear about the stomp, it's always about Laettner. But you never hear about that two handed shove into the stanchion or the woofing by Timberlake after he got shoved.
    Exactly. I have the dvd proof on the shelf just under my TV right in front of me and have watched it many times. Timberlake went after Laettner every time he got into that game. Laettner was still dumb to pay him back the way he did, but Timberlake definitely deserved payback. But alas, the responder always gets the technical or the foul call, never the initiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Exactly. I have the dvd proof on the shelf just under my TV right in front of me and have watched it many times. Timberlake went after Laettner every time he got into that game. Laettner was still dumb to pay him back the way he did, but Timberlake definitely deserved payback. But alas, the responder always gets the technical or the foul call, never the initiator.
    I had even forgotten it because the narrative has overcome the facts.

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying seeing Bobby and Christian right now.

Good stuff. I love the fact that you hear a lot from people on both sides. Except for that "This is why Duke sucks" Maryland guy. Considering his "humor" comes mostly from homophobic epithets, I'm rather disappointed in ESPN for giving him any time of day.

Well you will just have to mosey on over to my joint after the season ends so we can watch it. I'll get Mrs Newton_14 to whip us up some supper or something!

I'm thoroughly enjoying the show. Particularly the comments from losers- Carolina fan and Jalen Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by 1999ballboy View Post
    Good stuff. I love the fact that you hear a lot from people on both sides. Except for that "This is why Duke sucks" Maryland guy. Considering his "humor" comes mostly from homophobic epithets, I'm rather disappointed in ESPN for giving him any time of day.
    I remember in middle school, the most popular insult about Laettner was a homophobic epithet. Just shows the class of Duke hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Well you will just have to mosey on over to my joint after the season ends so we can watch it. I'll get Mrs Newton_14 to whip us up some supper or something!
    Sounds like good times!

I'll wear the 1991 NCAA title satin hat and maybe even try to dig out the old Duke blue soda. Probably doesn't taste very good after 25 years.

I remember in middle school, the most popular insult about Laettner was a homophobic epithet. Just shows the class of Duke hate.
    And on cue they start talking about that and why...