Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I believe this thread has absolutely zero to do with the outcome of any basketball game, so talking about "success rates" seems, well, .... kinda silly.
    Well, you certainly don't have to talk about success rates if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    It is somewhat silly to use at this point in the season, but I don't really mind it. I said it was the worst thread ever because it has like a 5% success rate in not jinxing the upset bid.
    El D, I enjoty your posts. Don't want a disagreement with you. There are some who like this thread, some don't. I understand, I HATE all the Kentucky threads for example. But if folks want to talk about it, I don't rain on their parade.

If folks don't like this thread, I'm cool with it. Just saying there's no reason to dump on those who do. And I hate that i am having this conversation with you, because again I think you are a great contributor to DBR and always look forward to your posts.

Anyway, next play. FINAL FOUR, BABY! On to things we agree about!

Again, I don't personally mind this thread. I posted in it during the season and have found value and amusement with it over the months. For the record, I do not think this is the worst thread ever. I understand that the molecules of the universe are not affected by posts made here.

That said...if someone posts an upset alert here during the Kentucky-Wisconsin game and Kentucky pulls it off again, I reserve the right to come back here say that this thread needs to be locked, deleted and digitally drawn and quartered. Please do not take it literally! I will try to remember to use an emoticon to communicate that my words are in jest.

Again, I don't personally mind this thread. I posted in it during the season and have found value and amusement with it over the months. For the record, I do not think this is the worst thread ever. I understand that the molecules of the universe are not affected by posts made here.

That said...if someone posts an upset alert here during the Kentucky-Wisconsin game and Kentucky pulls it off again, I reserve the right to come back here say that this thread needs to be locked, deleted and digitally drawn and quartered. Please do not take it literally! I will try to remember to use an emoticon to communicate that my words are in jest.
    All good from here, my friend. OPK

Talking

Personally, I'm okay with this thread if only works once, on the last game of the season - assuming Wisconsin doesn't upset the whole apple cart, of course. If they do, then we lock the thread, delete it, etc.

Off to the Final Four. Let's take care of business with Mr. Izzo and company.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I believe this thread has absolutely zero to do with the outcome of any basketball game, so talking about "success rates" seems, well, .... kinda silly.
    I think we need to come up with a "luck" metric ala kenpom to help us understand the success rate. Anyway, is the success rate adjusted for the skill of the opponents? and tempo? otherwise it might as well be RPI.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I think we need to come up with a "luck" metric ala kenpom to help us understand the success rate. Anyway, is the success rate adjusted for the skill of the opponents? and tempo? otherwise it might as well be RPI.
    Puuuuuulease - no more metrics.

Hrmmm... can we use this thread if we are underdogs against Kentucky on Monday?

Seems the ultimate test.

ui

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
    Personally, I'm okay with this thread if only works once, on the last game of the season - assuming Wisconsin doesn't upset the whole apple cart, of course. If they do, then we lock the thread, delete it, etc.

Off to the Final Four. Let's take care of business with Mr. Izzo and company.
    Time to end the thread, drive a spike in its heart, burn it, lock it, and consign it to the deepest of memory holes.

Quickly.

Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
    Time to end the thread, drive a spike in its heart, burn it, lock it, and consign it to the deepest of memory holes.

Quickly.

Please?
    Agreed. It's time. I've kinda enjoyed this but time to bury it.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Done.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke