Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Used to be Free Shoe U. Now it's Free Snowcrab U...

Or For-pay Signing U
    Have you been communicating with Spurrier about new nicknames?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post

WOW. This kid is either a really bad apple, or the unluckiest person on the planet. Seems like a new accusation everytime an old one dies down a bit.

Let's not overlook the third possibility of "breathtakingly immature."

As much as Fisher is trying to stick up for Winston now, Fisher's eyeroll when Winston came out of the locker room dressed in full uniform and pads for the Clemson game -- the game for which Winston was suspended -- said it all. In that moment, you could practically hear Fisher saying to himself, "Wow, I really am dealing with one of the dumbest human beings alive."

I do not care if Winston made infinite dollars off his autographs.

FSU's hearing of the sexual assault case is another example of universities thinking that they are better able to legislate certain legal issues than the court system. The guy was never even charged, let alone convicted of this crime, why the hell does Florida State University think they can do things better. If he did do it, then I want him punished in a legal setting by people whose job it is to do it, not by an educational institution. It is also ridiculous that he has to be treated differently than other students. I thought that was what schools and the NCAA want to avoid? The hypocrisy of it all baffles me. I understand that they have to do something based on Title IX. But schools need to leave investigations and court-like procedures up to the legal system when it comes to legal matters. It is just infuriating to me that schools think they can operate outside the judicial system. Duke has done it on several occasions and has cost themselves millions of dollars in legal fees and out of court settlements because of their stupidity, other institutions do the same thing, and it just makes no sense to me.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    Let's not overlook the third possibility of "breathtakingly immature.""
    Good point. The "yelling terrible things across the quad" incident after already dealing with other allegations lends itself to your theory.

It just takes some guys longer to "get it". Some never do. Time will tell for Mr. Winston.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Good point. The "yelling terrible things across the quad" incident after already dealing with other allegations lends itself to your theory.

It just takes some guys longer to "get it". Some never do. Time will tell for Mr. Winston.
    Generally one has to suffer actual repercussions to "get it."

Which explains a lot in Winston's case.

Read this article and you'll see the likely origin of Mr. Jameis Winston's behavior. The kid steals seafood and his father blames everyone but Jameis... "He's a Heisman Trophy winner so he's definitely not supposed to be by himself"???? No, my knucklehead son should've been disciplined a lot more while I was raising him.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...handler-051214

In a rational world, Jameis Winston would be playing for the Atlanta Falcons reserves and hoping to either break into the first team or go out on loan to the Jets in order to get playing time and advance his development.

Remind me again why it makes a lick of sense for universities to be providing a billion-dollar subsidy for the NFL and NBA by running their player-development setup without compensation.

Reminds me of the apples falling from trees analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    In a rational world, Jameis Winston would be playing for the Atlanta Falcons reserves and hoping to either break into the first team or go out on loan to the Jets in order to get playing time and advance his development.

Remind me again why it makes a lick of sense for universities to be providing a billion-dollar subsidy for the NFL and NBA by running their player-development setup without compensation.
    Is it the NFL player's union that champions the 3-years-of-college rule, or the owners (or both)?

Haha - you had me for a second

All Jameis all the time. It's not just about him. For all the stupid (and illegal) crap he's done, he's still got a victim, a victim of alleged sexual assault out there, and let's not forget her. Sexual assault (rape) isn't a football issue; it's a crime of violence. I'd like to say we should let the judicial system run its course, but the Tallahassee P.D. are homers. Sad.

Are you suggesting the Jets would play in the Football League Championship instead of the American Premier League? Cause I would agree

Quote Originally Posted by AncientPsychicT View Post
    Are you suggesting the Jets would play in the Football League Championship instead of the American Premier League? Cause I would agree
    Are you suggesting that they would be relegated?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If we had promotion and relegation in American football, the Jets would be in the Big North Conference, playing against the likes of Ridgewood and Don Bosco. They'd be hoping to get promoted to the NJAC, where they would face Montclair State, Kean, et al.
    Last edited by burnspbesq; 10-15-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Who said they were ever in the top flight to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by AncientPsychicT View Post
    Who said they were ever in the top flight to begin with?
    Jets = Leeds United. One very brief period of glory, a very long time ago.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    If we had promotion and relegation in American football, the Jets would be in the Big North Conference, playing against the likes of Ridgewood and Don Bosco. They'd be hoping to get promoted to the NJAC, where they would face Montclair State, Kean, et al.
    If they did that, then Teaneck would have a chance to win a game. (Go Highwaymen!)

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yes. He would be forced to sit out a baseball game.
    Obviously, you do not realize that they care about baseball at FSU (They think it is the #2 revenue sport (or 4 after spring football and 'crootin).

Basketball not so much. They would just kick him out of school if someone complained.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Bo Jackson is giving up on Jameis Winston.

Bo knows... Winston's a moron.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    Obviously, you do not realize that they care about baseball at FSU.
    Yes...obviously. (Or it was a tongue in cheek reference to his suspension from the team last season for his stolen crab legs.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."