Phantom of the Opera

Mrs. Jarhead and I went to the DPAC in Durham this afternoon, and thoroughly enjoyed this newest version of The Phantom of the Opera . We've seen the show, now, in Raleigh, Durham, New York, and the West End in London over the last decade or so, and today's show may be the best of all of them. You folks up there Ina the Triangle area need to go see it, if tickets are available. What a facility, that DPAC, but they've better do something for the ladies during intermission. Their line for the ladies room during intermission had to be a mile long.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Mrs. Jarhead and I went to the DPAC in Durham this afternoon, and thoroughly enjoyed this newest version of The Phantom of the Opera . We've seen the show, now, in Raleigh, Durham, New York, and the West End in London over the last decade or so, and today's show may be the best of all of them. You folks up there Ina the Triangle area need to go see it, if tickets are available. What a facility, that DPAC, but they've better do something for the ladies during intermission. Their line for the ladies room during intermission had to be a mile long.
    I'm glad Mrs. dd does not read DBR or she'd be ordering tix today. We've seen it in Norfolk, Charlotte and Durham, each time being mesmerized, the last time after a $5/ticket upgrade at the DPAC to the 5th or 6th row.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    I like others have seen this marvelous show in multiple locations. A bit of histroy being made in the NY production. The first African-American Phantom, Norm Lewis, is playing the lead. He is a marvelous performer (was in the revival of Porgy and Bess recently) and has played Javert in Les Miz. I am privileged to have gotten to know him through my presidency of the Queens Symphony Orchestra, where he has graciously contributed his talents to our galas.

His cast link: http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/...ast/norm-lewis

Couldn't resist adding this picture...Fro the Queens Symphony Gala. My wife, Norm and me.

Attachment 4367

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    I like others have seen this marvelous show in multiple locations. A bit of histroy being made in the NY production. The first African-American Phantom, Norm Lewis, is playing the lead. He is a marvelous performer (was in the revival of Porgy and Bess recently) and has played Javert in Les Miz. I am privileged to have gotten to know him through my presidency of the Queens Symphony Orchestra, where he has graciously contributed his talents to our galas.

His cast link: http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/...ast/norm-lewis
    I thought Robert Guillaume replaced Michael Crawford as the Phantom in the Los Angeles production?

Nephew Sam opted to go see Phantom (Broadway) instead of having a graduation party. We both think the Phantom in the first half and the Phantom in the second half were played by two different people. Second half Phantom had a better voice - so either a different person or finally warmed up.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I thought Robert Guillaume replaced Michael Crawford as the Phantom in the Los Angeles production?
    I think you are right...I misread the press releases..He's the first on BROADWAY. Good catch.