Bluetooth Speakers

i'm getting ready to purchase a small, bluetooth, speaker……i'm currently looking at one of the better "vibration" speakers because i've heard it, and it sounds great.

anyone got any recommendations before i throw a c-note at this?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I bought a foxl Dash 7 for the kid, and was really impressed. It's a lot better than the Jawbone Jambox or the Beats Pill.

There was a group review recently at innerfidelity.com that is very much worth your time.

As a general proposition, in this category you get a big improvement in performance when you step up from one Bennie to two Bennies.

We've been happy with our Jambox. We've had it for a while before there was a lot of options.

There may be better out there, the sound is pretty good.

I have a Bose Soundlink Mini that my wife and I have been very happy with. I did a lot of research before buying, and it had the best overall sound quality of anything I looked at. I have also really come to trust the Bose brand.
    I very much agree with burnspbesq that in this segment, the $200 products are just in a different league than the $100 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I have a Bose Soundlink Mini that my wife and I have been very happy with. I did a lot of research before buying, and it had the best overall sound quality of anything I looked at. I have also really come to trust the Bose brand.
    I very much agree with burnspbesq that in this segment, the $200 products are just in a different league than the $100 ones.
    Agree. Recently bought same Bose and love it. Sound is awesome for such a small unit.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

I know nothing about Bluetooth speakers, and received one of the Bose mini speakers as a gift. It gets used in my office daily, and works out wonderfully.

Good luck with your search!

Late Adopter (perhaps)

Thought I was interested in bluetooth speakers as 3.5mm audio jacks disappear from various electronics of ours (and from electronics that we're eyeing) ... but are all of them battery operated? With internal, not-likely-replaceable rechargeable batteries? I'm not keen on such things. Maybe if they took standard batteries (like AA rechargeables or something) but I don't want a disposable product, i.e., one that will lose 50% of battery life in 3 yrs.

Just looking for stuff to hook up in the kitchen for podcasts or dishwashing music, or to computer, workout room, etc. We have some logitech computer speakers that are good, but there's a lot of excess wire to bundle up ... and, as stated, the 3.5mm device output is disappearing in some stuff.

Thanks

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Thought I was interested in bluetooth speakers as 3.5mm audio jacks disappear from various electronics of ours (and from electronics that we're eyeing) ... but are all of them battery operated? With internal, not-likely-replaceable rechargeable batteries? I'm not keen on such things. Maybe if they took standard batteries (like AA rechargeables or something) but I don't want a disposable product, i.e., one that will lose 50% of battery life in 3 yrs.

Just looking for stuff to hook up in the kitchen for podcasts or dishwashing music, or to computer, workout room, etc. We have some logitech computer speakers that are good, but there's a lot of excess wire to bundle up ... and, as stated, the 3.5mm device output is disappearing in some stuff.

Thanks
    I've got a combo clock/radio/BT speaker that we use camping. It doesn't have batteries at all, it has to be plugged in. Don't know the brand name, but it was inexpensive and I bought it at Walmart. (Have two, actually.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Thanks
    Depends on how much interest you have in a bluetooth speaker or a “smart” (Alexa, Hey Google, Siri, etc) speaker.

Anker makes great inexpensive equipment. If you want “not smart”, I’d see if what they have suits your interests.

We just bought our son a new mini home pod (Apple, $100) and while I can’t speak to the smart part integrating with iphone, apple tv hardware, etc beyond it works, the sound is pretty amazing for its small size and for Apple not really being an audio company.

JBL makes some nice bluetooth speakers (Flip?), as does Bose. If money and quality is no object, you might check out Audio Engine or Sonos.

“Everybody” makes a bluetooth speaker these days- you can probably even find them at the dollar store or five below.

The problem with small speakers is they sound good until you buy a bigger one. I’ve had a full sized HomePod in my office for about a year now. Crazy good sound. We recently wanted another speaker in our kitchen area for music so we tried to go cheaper with the $100 echo 4th gen. It sounded like garbage in comparison. My friend has about 5 of these echos throughout his house and he sweared they sounded so good. I had him come over to listen to my HomePod and he was blown away.

So my advice is if you want a small speaker, never listen to a larger one or it will ruin it for you and only get a small one if you need portability.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Depends on how much interest you have in a bluetooth speaker or a “smart” (Alexa, Hey Google, Siri, etc) speaker.

Anker makes great inexpensive equipment. If you want “not smart”, I’d see if what they have suits your interests.
    Def want "non-smart" ... "smart" anything is off the table. And we're not looking for audiophile quality - these speakers are to deliver sound over noises we're making doing other things like cooking, dishes, elliptical, bike rollers, etc. We have a nice (legacy) bookshelf speaker system in the family room that would serve up fuller, higher quality sound when we want it. At least in that room and nearby.

Looks like Anker's bluetooth stuff is all battery powered? It may just be that Bluetooth speakers are generally battery powered, as a class. I just didn't know if that was a definite or not.

Def want "non-smart" ... "smart" anything is off the table. And we're not looking for audiophile quality - these speakers are to deliver sound over noises we're making doing other things like cooking, dishes, elliptical, bike rollers, etc. We have a nice (legacy) bookshelf speaker system in the family room that would serve up fuller, higher quality sound when we want it. At least in that room and nearby.

Looks like Anker's bluetooth stuff is all battery powered? It may just be that Bluetooth speakers are generally battery powered, as a class. I just didn't know if that was a definite or not.
    Pretty sure it charges over USB, so you could leave it plugged in all the time if you wanted.

I have a few Anker usb power banks, their battery technology is pretty solid.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I've got a combo clock/radio/BT speaker that we use camping. It doesn't have batteries at all, it has to be plugged in. Don't know the brand name, but it was inexpensive and I bought it at Walmart. (Have two, actually.)
    This is the one.
    clock.jpg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Emerson-S...ll&athena=true

The USB charger is for your phone, not for internal batteries. (Since it doesn't have any.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."