Thread: Snowpiercer

Snowpiercer

Anyone else seen it? Jason? It's got an innovative / crazy release strategy that's been in the media a lot.

We watched it on demand last night, and I'm still trying to make up my mind. It's at 94% fresh on RT, and I think there was a lot of potential, but maybe a little too artsy for my taste. Some parts were really cool, but the movie seemed to be trying to be too many things.

Saw this on Friday, and enjoyed it quote a bit.

So many of today's movies, especially the non-summer-blockbusters - phone in the end of the film, failing to add a plot twist or character development that would make you go "now that was good," instead having you leave the theater with the thought of "well that was okayyyyy, but for some reason I feel unsatisfied."

SnowPiercer definitely did not disappoint. The story line and characters continued to develop right through the end of the movie. There are certainly questions to ask, but I think that's okay to have one or two open questions at the end of the movie ("Perception" for example).

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will say that as I wrote this, I did think on the plot line a little more. The twists and turns were unique, but ultimately this was simply a remake of Logan's Run.

TNT has ordered a Snowpiercer TV series.

Tomorrow Studios optioned the rights to Snowpiercer last year, tapping Josh Friedman, who has extensive futuristic/sci-fi credentials, to write the series adaptation. Friedman previously created the Fox series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, also based on a movie franchise, and has written/co-written such movies as War of the Worlds and some of the Avatar sequels.

Snowpiercer is set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, and the remnants of humanity inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe. The show questions class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival. In addition to producing a pilot, the project is getting backup scripts written.
    -Jason "I have to say I am not all that excited about this as a TV series. I mean, what is there to add to what was originally done in the fabulous movie?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Oooooh I had a huge issue with the end of that movie. Everything has been frozen, nobody can survive outside, and presumably nothing else can either. All the plant life is frozen. No plant life = not much in the way of animals, small or large. So...what did that polar bear survive on?
    Damn you, Hollywood!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."