Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    What a moron. NFL receiver already suspended due to drugs, gets DWI in PJ's car (by the way, the hot rumors today is that PJ was in the car and possibly driving), get's bailed out by none other than Fats the infamous felon himself. To top it off, PJ, for some reason known only to alien beings, plays pick up ball at the local YMCA with High School kids, and gets goaded into punching one of them. Nice. Great start to your new start and NBA career.

Now do people see why I said in our mock draft that no way would I pick him in the first round and give him guaranteed money? There is more to life than talent (which PJ has in droves. Not disputable). He simply does not have what it takes to stay on the straight and narrow and away from the wrong crowd.

Getting selected by a team close to his hometown and hometown "buddies' only serves to make things worse.

I agree with whomever stated upstream, this UNC thing has to be the longest drawn out scandal ever in the history of NCAA violators. Seriously, can anyone think of another school who kept committing sins this many years in a row?

THank you PJ for keeping a second consecutive off season entertaining! We applaud you and unc!

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post

Getting selected by a team close to his hometown and hometown "buddies' only serves to make things worse.
    This. Great observation. The best thing that could have happened for PJ is to get drafted by Utah.

PJ just needs to play better than get schooled by high schoolers.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    This. Great observation. The best thing that could have happened for PJ is to get drafted by Utah.
    Because most of the state is dry?

The PJ in PJ Hairston must stand for Punching Juveniles.

Quote Originally Posted by strawman View Post
    "Poor Judgment"

Quote Originally Posted by strawman View Post
    "Poor Judgment"
    Prison Jumpsuit?

I was waiting for someone to bring this up. I have no love for Hairston or for the Hornets, but it was still a little depressing for a guy to put basketball first in the D-League and succeed, only to get drafted by the one NBA franchise that would put him in close proximity to old trouble.

Oh well. I'm calling it early: I think PJ Hairston will be the worst Hornets first-round draft pick since that fateful day when the 2005 picks (Raymond Felton and Sean May) ate the 2006 pick (Adam Morrison).

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Prison Jumpsuit?

I was waiting for someone to bring this up. I have no love for Hairston or for the Hornets, but it was still a little depressing for a guy to put basketball first in the D-League and succeed, only to get drafted by the one NBA franchise that would put him in close proximity to old trouble.

Oh well. I'm calling it early: I think PJ Hairston will be the worst Hornets first-round draft pick since that fateful day when the 2005 picks (Raymond Felton and Sean May) ate the 2006 pick (Adam Morrison).
    Haha...excellent.

Important to note this would be just a franchise record, and Michael Jordan would still have his own personal worst 1st round pick in Kwame Brown for the Wizards in 2001. First pick overall that year, in case anyone forgets.

worse.

I agree with whomever stated upstream, this UNC thing has to be the longest drawn out scandal ever in the history of NCAA violators. Seriously, can anyone think of another school who kept committing sins this many years in a row?

THank you PJ for keeping a second consecutive off season entertaining! We applaud you and unc!
    While it can't be nice for UNC to see an ex-player wallow in the mud, I have to give UNC a pass on this incident. He's merely an ex-player. Did it reflect badly on INC when James Worthy and Michael Jordan were linked to prostitutes ... or Jordan to Gambling? Is it UNC's fault that ex-assistant Doug Wojick is being exposed as an abusive coach?

Give 'em hell for what they do and what their active players/coaches do ... but to me, this isn't part of the UNC scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    While it can't be nice for UNC to see an ex-player wallow in the mud, I have to give UNC a pass on this incident. He's merely an ex-player. Did it reflect badly on INC when James Worthy and Michael Jordan were linked to prostitutes ... or Jordan to Gambling? Is it UNC's fault that ex-assistant Doug Wojick is being exposed as an abusive coach?

Give 'em hell for what they do and what their active players/coaches do ... but to me, this isn't part of the UNC scandal.
    I think it is to some degree at least. In the medical/oncology world, they refer to this as metastatic disease.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I actually do think UNC can be blamed for Wojcik's actions, at least a bit. If UNC hadn't given Doherty three full seasons to make an abusive jerk of himself, maybe Wojcik would have learned his lesson sooner.

I would agree, except for the parallels to the PJ Hairston issues that got him into trouble at UNC-CH very recently. That makes this different from the other examples mentioned. Different too from the Ray Felton gun thing. Discussing his post-draft issues is kind of like "continuation" in NBA fouls.

In addition to those parallels, as recently as the NBA combine, PJ was telling the press that he appreciates the fact that Ol' Roy has stood by him all along and had recently called PJ to tell him that Roy would be standing at his side when PJ's name was called in the draft. I wasn't there, but I assume that means Roy was at PJ's draft party. If nothing else, it goes directly to Roy's judgment of character and his unwillingness to see problems in a realistic light. One of those problems is the academic fraud issue.

So I see some connections between the dots.

"Poor Judgment"
    "Perpetually Juvenile"?
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

What a moron. NFL receiver already suspended due to drugs, gets DWI in PJ's car (by the way, the hot rumors today is that PJ was in the car and possibly driving), get's bailed out by none other than Fats the infamous felon himself. To top it off, PJ, for some reason known only to alien beings, plays pick up ball at the local YMCA with High School kids, and gets goaded into punching one of them. Nice. Great start to your new start and NBA career.
    This is what is interesting... you'd think that a 1st round draft pick will look for pick-up games with others better than he... not high school kids that he'll probably kick-butt... kids who also wants to "see what they have" against a 1st rounder. Sad...

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeli View Post
    I think the article on the DBR site (am I the only one who spends 100% less time there since they moved to SBN or whatever its called?)has it right. The other guy may be a nasty thug who thoroughly deserved a smack in the chops, but when you're in PJs position you have to walk away. Otherwise too many people will try to get you a compromising position to try and get your money/reputation.
    The other guy is no thug. He is actually a very good kid. He's really athletic and plays hard all the time. I can see why someone would get annoyed playing against him but it has nothing to do with him being a thug.

Quote Originally Posted by Inonehand View Post
    The other guy is no thug. He is actually a very good kid. He's really athletic and plays hard all the time. I can see why someone would get annoyed playing against him but it has nothing to do with him being a thug.
    Sorry, did not mean to imply that he was only mentioning a hypothetical situation. Good thing someone who knows him personally can speak up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post

I actually do think UNC can be blamed for Wojcik's actions, at least a bit. If UNC hadn't given Doherty three full seasons to make an abusive jerk of himself, maybe Wojcik would have learned his lesson sooner.

The good thing about Doug Wojcik being in the news is that it gives us an opportunity to remember one of the most memorable dunks in Duke history, Johnny Dawkins' reverse jam over Wojcik in the 1986 NCAA East Region Final. It's at the 0:46 mark in the video linked below (though the full video is worth watching).

Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbsherr DUKE! View Post
    Because silly he can drive 93 mph down 85 so he could be in Charlotte in one shake of a lamb tail.
    I just spit my coffee! LMAO

Bless his heart!!!
    PJ stands for Poor Judgment!
    PJ stands for Punching Juveniles (or alleged) per his court summons.

PJ needs to be 85 Southbound in Charlotte, and not hanging out in the Triangle, getting in situations that are legal matters! He needs to shape up, and not blow a good opportunity with the Charlotte Hornets! So many kids DREAM of the opportunity to play on an Elite Division I team, and then a Professional Career in that sport! Get it together, PJ, because there is always someone on the Wing, waiting for your spot on the Team!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    PJ needs to be 85 Southbound in Charlotte, and not hanging out in the Triangle, getting in situations that are legal matters! He needs to shape up, and not blow a good opportunity with the Charlotte Hornets! So many kids DREAM of the opportunity to play on an Elite Division I team, and then a Professional Career in that sport! Get it together, PJ, because there is always someone on the Wing, waiting for your spot on the Team!
    Odd that those things never occurred to P.J. Or maybe not so odd.

There's a kicker here too: That kid is likely to sue P.J. for assault, and if P.J. is found guilty or pleads guilty, he'll be estopped in that civil suit to deny his assault.

Not defending PJ but why doesn't the kid have any markings? I've watched the interview several times and I do not see anything that appears to be a blow/hit from a grown man. Again, I am not defending PJ.