Thread: NFL Draft

NFL Draft

begins in 45 minutes.

If Jerry Jones tries to get Johnny Manziel I'm boarding a plane to hunt him down. Period. Draft either defense or O line. Can never have enough good pass-rushers or DB's.

Jerry, please hire a competent GM that's not a family member.

Do what's best for the organization, not your inflated ego. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    begins in 45 minutes.

If Jerry Jones tries to get Johnny Manziel I'm boarding a plane to hunt him down. Period. Draft either defense or O line. Can never have enough good pass-rushers or DB's.

Jerry, please hire a competent GM that's not a family member.

Do what's best for the organization, not your inflated ego. Sheesh.
    As a Philadelphia Eagles fan, I think jerry should take whomever he wants! He loves Johnny Football!!😃

I used to really like the NFL Draft, but I basically couldn't care less anymore. My team is the Dolphins, so sure, I see who they picked, but it just seems like as the years go by, I am familiar with less and less of the top players. Like in tonight's first round, I knew just a handful of the guys. Clowney, Bortles, Anthony Barr cuz he's local out here, Clinton-Dix cuz he's got a funny name and played at Alabama, Manziel, and Bridgewater. That's it. And I've never seen Bortles even play. The rest of the guys was a list of "who the heck is that?" for me. Anyone else feel like the whole thing is basically a list of guys you've never heard of, or at least hadn't heard of until the last couple of weeks if you read or listen to all the pre-draft crapola out there?

I think one reason why the whole thing seems less familiar and less interesting to me is that the teams are drafting less and less so-called skill position players. Less QB's, waaaay less RB's, not sure about receivers are being drafted high. And maybe another reason is that the scouting has improved in that they are covering the country much more comprehensively. The top of the draft used to be a lot heavier on Michigan, Ohio State, Miami, Penn State, USC, Alabama, Texas, Notre Dame, Nebraska, and Oklahoma, among others. Now it's Central Florida, Buffalo, and Northern Illinois with guys in the first round. No way to be too familiar with those guys.

So, can we start discussing who "won" the Rams - Redskins trade for RGIII?