Tech Question...

Not sure if this would be classified as off topic and also not sure if this has already been covered elsewhere...

Thinking of making the jump and cancelling Directv and going with a good digital antenna. Most of what we watch can be covered on netflix, hulu and local channels....that is most except Duke basketball and UVA for the wife. With our current internet provider, we can watch ESPN3 but only if the game is an ESPN3 exclusive. Meaning that if it is also on ESPNU or something else, it is blacked out for us. Are there ways to get the ESPN or Fox Sports games online anywhere ? If not, this may be the dealbreaker for me.
    I appreciate any suggestions/feedback anyone may be able to provide.

Thanks,
    ARo24

We've discussed it a lot with regard to Apple TV, GoDuke.com Inside Access, and a general streaming games online thread.

Bottom line seems to be that whatever your TV/ISP company lets you stream online, that's all you can get legally. As of now, ESPN only works through cable, satellite, and ISPs, not directly with customers.

There are plenty of illegal sites, which are a landmine of malware/crapware/ickware, but if you're careful, you can watch them without downloading unwanted extras.

See the threads above for some good background.

Thank you for the information...the inside access sounds like great way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by aro24 View Post
    Thank you for the information...the inside access sounds like great way to go.
    I'm assuming you have Internet through cable or AT&T. If cable (is it TWC in your area?) you could always add a basic subscription that includes ESPN for those months you want to watch Duke bball and then cancel it as soon as you're done.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR