Champions League 2014 Semis and Final

Watching Real Madrid pulverize Bayern, shocking score at half, RM 3-0. Bayern need minimum of 5 goals in second half. Equally shocking is Xabi Alonso's dumber-than-dirt foul, yellow card, which keeps him out of the final, which RM have virtually clinched at halftime.

As someone once observed, though it may well be a common understanding: "Footballers are dead stupid."

Wonder whether Ancelotti will sub out Ramos midway through second half. The game will probably stay chippy for awhile, and Ramos might or might have "learned" from Xabi Alonso's "dead stupid" tackle.

As the resident Madridista, I'm over the moon that Los Blancos, after 12 years, finally have a place at the table with a chance to bring home La Decima! I admit, I actually looked at some flights to head to Lisbon for the match, which magnified the irony of having no job: all the time in the world to go to the match, but no money to book the flight.

Definitely going to watch Chelsea-Atleti tomorrow to see who joins us at the table. I hope it's Chelsea, but if it's a Madrid derby, I don't know if I want to go to the match or fly to Madrid to take in the insanity that city will become!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    No way dude...THIS is what everyone needs to read:

http://afootballreport.com/post/8414...tletico-madrid

FORZA ATLETI.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    No way dude...THIS is what everyone needs to read:

http://afootballreport.com/post/8414...tletico-madrid

FORZA ATLETI.
    Yes, a plea worth entertaining. As an example of what the author refers to an "unattached neutral," I will happily entertain monetary bids from you and blazindw for my temporary but enthusiastic support on May 24. Perhaps you could start the bidding at the mid-four-figures.

To the left of the decimal point.

Seeing as Tuesday marks 4 months of unemployment for me, monetary bids will not be entertained by my bank account, haha. But, I bid that I will be a very happy person if Real brings home La Decima and that kind of happiness is something you should wish for people like me!

2003-2004 HLM

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Seeing as Tuesday marks 4 months of unemployment for me, monetary bids will not be entertained by my bank account, haha. But, I bid that I will be a very happy person if Real brings home La Decima and that kind of happiness is something you should wish for people like me!
    I fear this post will lead JohnGalt to tender a very low bid for my invaluable support, which it turns out is un-valuable.

JG, how about 2 figures? To the right of the decimal point?

I fear this post will lead JohnGalt to tender a very low bid for my invaluable support, which it turns out is un-valuable.

JG, how about 2 figures? To the right of the decimal point?
    I'll bid real, actual monies if it's promised they'll be donated to paying down Atleti's taxman.

Good read. About 24 hours to go. At risk of offending all and sundry, a reminder that the game is on Fox, not FoxSports. Pregame begins 2 EDT. I sure hope Fox stays with the postgame celebration. Wonder how long they'll stick around if it goes to OT or PKs?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...e-final-lisbon

Good read. About 24 hours to go. At risk of offending all and sundry, a reminder that the game is on Fox, not FoxSports. Pregame begins 2 EDT. I sure hope Fox stays with the postgame celebration. Wonder how long they'll stick around if it goes to OT or PKs?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...e-final-lisbon
    Hopefully, for my blood pressure, it ends after 90 minutes with the trophy getting Real Madrid etched on it for the 10th time!

2003-2004 HLM