Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Parker declares for NBA draft

Via a SI article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...for-nba-draft/
    Ultimately, I boiled my decision down to two simple questions:

Which environment -- college or the NBA -- offers me the best opportunity to grow as a basketball player?

Which environment -- college or the NBA -- offers me the best opportunity to grow and develop off the court?

The answer to both questions is undeniably the NBA.

There is something else. My father, Sonny, played in the NBA. I know firsthand that the career span of a pro basketball player is finite. The lucky ones play until their mid-30s. With that perspective, I shrink my professional career with each year that I remain in college. It's ironic, but true.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2zA5c0BVc
    -Jason "I wish him all the best of luck... though he won't need it. He's going to be a great pro!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

All the best.

As most have predicted. I'm sure he's even more happy to have this process over with. This kid is going to be a great representative of Duke University.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

All the best to him.Go lakers-lol.Come on down mr turner.I know,would be a dream,but still.

Sigh.

I don't doubt that he weighed his options carefully, and I believe that it was a difficult decision for him. I have no bad feelings toward Jabari whatsoever, and I hope he has an amazing NBA career. He will always be part of the Duke family.

But...I just really wanted to see him play one more year as a Blue Devil. That would have been so amazing. Expecting this outcome and understanding why he made the decision that he did doesn't make the disappointment any less poignant or immediate. It may have been the right decision for him, but the intrinsically selfish part of me really, really wishes this could have gone differently.

Best of luck to him. I wish he was coming back.

Good luck to him. I knew it would happen, but I kind of don't feel like he has much of a Duke legacy (individual stats, sure, but not a lot of moments that I felt like our team was a championship caliber team, even with him, since the Vermont game). Rivers had the shot that kind of made me believe, but Jabari didn't have any of those moments for me.

I hope he goes to my Lakers so that I can cheer for him in the future (and that he wins something).

I just saw the announcement on WRAL tv. Not surprising. The best to Jabari and his NBA career! He will represent Duke University very well!

"But...I just really wanted to see him play one more year as a Blue Devil. That would have been so amazing. Expecting this outcome and understanding why he made the decision that he did doesn't make the disappointment any less poignant or immediate. It may have been the right decision for him, but the intrinsically selfish part of me really, really wishes this could have gone differently."

my sentiments, exactly.

All the best, Jabari! Thanks for gracing us Duke fans with your talent and class for a year. NBA, lookout!!!

Congrats

Like everyone else here I wish he would have stayed, but how can I begrudge another man the opportunity he has. I hope that he is able to make the most out of it!

I do feel compelled...

For those here that guaranteed his return, what say you now?

shucks.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    I do feel compelled...

For those here that guaranteed his return, what say you now?
    My recollection is there was only one who "guaranteed" his return. My guess is he won't be posting all that much in the near future.

May God bless you Jabari. You will always be one of my favorite Duke players and I'm sure you'll make a great NBA player. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    My recollection is there was only one who "guaranteed" his return. My guess is he won't be posting all that much in the near future.
    My recollection is there was one as well, just used "those" to be a little more pleasantly vague.

Very classy article and interview in SI. He's a good young man, who handled this process about as well as possible. And as much as we all wanted him back, it was too much to ask. I hope he becomes a star in the NBA, and realizes all his professional and personal dreams.

And I hope the same for Rodney.

thanks, jabari, for a great year...all the best to you!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Very well written piece, Mr. Parker. Best of luck in all of your future endeavors -- including the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke4life92 View Post
    All the best to him.Go lakers-lol.Come on down mr turner.I know,would be a dream,but still.
    Didn't Turner already take us off his list. Or was that a bad source that Chad Ford had?

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    Didn't Turner already take us off his list. Or was that a bad source that Chad Ford had?
    Bad source or some SMU guy making stuff up. Turner tweeted he has not narrowed his list.