Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    Been two years (and several comic book movies) since this has been updated. Pretty remarkable to see how many "comic book" movies have come out since X-Men started it all. Well over 50 in 19 years. And I've seen them all...many more than once (or twice). I'm rearranging my ranking to include a few more tiers. Here they are

Tier 1: Absolute Top Movies (each so good it's damned near impossible to rank them)

The Avengers
    The Dark Knight
    Iron Man
    Avengers Endgame
    Avengers Infinity War
    Deadpool
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Spiderman 2 (with Doc Ock)
    Spiderman Homecoming
    X-Men 2
    X-Men Days of Future Past
    Captain America - Civil War
    Black Panther
    Spiderman Into Spider-Verse

Think about it...that's 14 simply great movies. That I can (and have) watched over and over. And all but 1 are from Marvel. I'm not sure what I would rank first there. Maybe the first Avengers - it was amazing how they pulled it all together and then generated interest for the future. Or Iron Man, or Deadpool, or Guardians, or the last 2 Avengers, or Black Panther, or...it's just too hard to rank.

Tier 2: Fun movies that I enjoyed, but can't quite put into that top tier. Here I will try to rank them (though some are close)

15. X-Men
    16. X-Men First Class
    17. Thor: Ragnorak
    18. Spiderman (first one with Tobey)
    19. Batman Begins
    20. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    21. Deadpool 2
    22. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    23. Dr. Strange
    24. Captain America
    25. Thor
    26. Shazam
    27. Wonder Woman
    28. Ant Man & Wasp
    29. Aquaman
    30. Avengers 2
    31. Amazing Spider Man (without Player X)
    32. Antman
    33. Venom (mainly because I had no expectations for this, and it exceeded them)

Tier 3: Disappointments (Movies I was excited to see and let me down...didn't go see them again in the theater)

34. Logan (just didn't do it for me, and hated how weak they made Wolverine and Professor Xavier)
    35. Captain Marvel
    36. Iron Man 2
    37. Dark Knight Rises
    38. Amazing Spiderman 2
    39. Batman v Superman
    40. The Wolverine
    41. Man of Steel
    42. Superman Returns
    43. Iron Man 3
    44. Incredible Hulk
    45. Thor 2

Bottom Tier (Just Pretty Bad Movies) **

46. Green Lantern
    47. Fantastic Four
    48. Justice League
    49. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    50. X-Men Last Stand
    51. Spiderman 3
    52. X-Men Apocalypse
    53. Fantastic Four (the remake)
    54. Hulk
    55. Suicide Squad
    56. Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer

** None of these are as awful as Superman IV, which forever will hold the title of Worst Comic Book Sequel ever
    I didn’t see Green Hornet. Was that not a comic book?

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    I didn’t see Green Hornet. Was that not a comic book?
    I believe in older posts Udaman explained excluding some titles either because they were so bad (which seems like it would warrant inclusion in the final tier) or deemed too obscure. This seems arbitrary to me, but I'm also not the one that took the time to rank ~60 movies so I don't get to make the rules.

A couple notable omissions from the list (I'll include graphic novels as well). Some of these were pretty awful, but some were good!

Hellboy
    Daredevil
    V for Vendetta
    Sin City
    TNMT reboots
    Kick I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.
    Scott Pilgrim
    Watchmen
    Jonah Hex
    The Punisher
    Dredd
    Catwoman
    Ghost Rider
    Kingsman

Blade II, Blade Trinity (fair enough to exclude this since the original was released well before 2000, but these movies weren't)
    The Crow sequels (same as Blade above)

These were all notable enough releases to be considered. There are some probably some others.

Edit: I'm leaving the filter in place, you guys should be able to figure it out

Catwoman should definitely be on the list. I guess Hellboy and Daredevil should be as well. Admittedly, I have seen neither. And yeah, Watchmen technically was a comic book...but it just doesn't feel like a comic book movie to me, and so (stubornly) I keep it out. The others I just don't quite put in the category (I thought Scott Pilgrim was fantastic, by the way).

Catwoman would be the at the absolute bottom of the list. It was awful. Almost unwatchable (thanks to the story, the acting, and - by far the worst part - the editing...only movie even close to this was Charlie's Angels, the longest non cut scene in Catwoman is like 6 seconds. It's painful to watch. Literally). That said, it's not as bad as Superman IV. Nothing will ever be that bad. It almost completely ruined a franchise. In fact, Superman has never recovered from that disaster.

Speaking of Superman...the old movies aren't in there because I only went back to X-Men and 2000. If I did go back, I would probably have Superman in the 2nd Tier. It was good, but long, and doesn't hold up that well with time. I think I would put Superman 2 at the top of Tier 2. It also doesn't really hold up, but was much better (to me) than Superman. Superman III would be in the Disappointing tier. As for all of the Batman, I really liked the first. The second was massively disappointing. Batman Forever was good not great (and man it could have been great). Batman & Robin would be right above Catwoman. Another movie that just about destroyed a franchise.

Time to update this list from last year. Again, I didn't put the Graphic Novels in there (hence no Watchmen), and it only goes back to 2000, which is when X-Men really rebooted (and set the foundation) for how Comic Book Movies would be made going forward. One observation is that the X-Men (other than the awful 3rd one) have been incredibly strong and consistently good movies. If we were doing all-time Super Hero Movies, then I think Batman and Superman 2 make the top list, Superman 1 makes the middle list as does the Batman with the Riddler and Two-Face, and all of the others make the bottom list, with Superman IV in a new category called "This One Goes to 11 In Its Awfulness"

Tier 1 (excellent movies, or at least movies that I thoroughly enjoyed)

1. The Avengers
    2. The Dark Knight
    3. Iron Man
    4. Spider-Man 2
    5. X-Men, Days of Future Past
    6. Guardians of the Galaxy
    7. X-Men 2
    8. X-Men First Class
    9. X-Men
    10. Avengers 2
    11. Spiderman
    12. Batman Begins
    13. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    14. Thor
    15. Captain America
    16. The Amazing Spider-Man
    17. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Tier 2 (and I think it's a pretty steep drop-off)

18. The Wolverine
    19. Man of Steel
    20. Superman Returns
    21. Thor 2
    22. Iron Man 2
    23. Dark Knight Rises

Tier 3 (what I would call disappointments)

24. Iron Man 3
    25. Green Lantern
    26. Fantastic Four
    27. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    28. X-Men Last Stand
    29. The Incredible Hulk
    30. Spider-Man 3
    31. Hulk
    32. Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer
    I’m no movie expert but you’re missing some important films. For example...

Into the Spiderverse?
    Wonder Woman?
    Ragnarok?
    Endgame?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I’m no movie expert but you’re missing some important films. For example...

Into the Spiderverse?
    Wonder Woman?
    Ragnarok?
    Endgame?
    Look again?

Endgame and Spiderverse are in his tier one. Ragnarok (misspelled Ragnorak so you may have missed it if you ctrl+F'd it) is in tier 2 as is Wonder Woman (17 and 27, respectively).

Edit: Oooooh I see. You took his original list from the first post. That post is several years old. I'll quote his new list (which revived this old thread) below, you can find it on page 3 of this thread:

Been two years (and several comic book movies) since this has been updated. Pretty remarkable to see how many "comic book" movies have come out since X-Men started it all. Well over 50 in 19 years. And I've seen them all...many more than once (or twice). I'm rearranging my ranking to include a few more tiers. Here they are

Tier 1: Absolute Top Movies (each so good it's damned near impossible to rank them)

The Avengers
    The Dark Knight
    Iron Man
    Avengers Endgame
    Avengers Infinity War
    Deadpool
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Spiderman 2 (with Doc Ock)
    Spiderman Homecoming
    X-Men 2
    X-Men Days of Future Past
    Captain America - Civil War
    Black Panther
    Spiderman Into Spider-Verse

Think about it...that's 14 simply great movies. That I can (and have) watched over and over. And all but 1 are from Marvel. I'm not sure what I would rank first there. Maybe the first Avengers - it was amazing how they pulled it all together and then generated interest for the future. Or Iron Man, or Deadpool, or Guardians, or the last 2 Avengers, or Black Panther, or...it's just too hard to rank.

Tier 2: Fun movies that I enjoyed, but can't quite put into that top tier. Here I will try to rank them (though some are close)

15. X-Men
    16. X-Men First Class
    17. Thor: Ragnorak
    18. Spiderman (first one with Tobey)
    19. Batman Begins
    20. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    21. Deadpool 2
    22. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    23. Dr. Strange
    24. Captain America
    25. Thor
    26. Shazam
    27. Wonder Woman
    28. Ant Man & Wasp
    29. Aquaman
    30. Avengers 2
    31. Amazing Spider Man (without Player X)
    32. Antman
    33. Venom (mainly because I had no expectations for this, and it exceeded them)

Tier 3: Disappointments (Movies I was excited to see and let me down...didn't go see them again in the theater)

34. Logan (just didn't do it for me, and hated how weak they made Wolverine and Professor Xavier)
    35. Captain Marvel
    36. Iron Man 2
    37. Dark Knight Rises
    38. Amazing Spiderman 2
    39. Batman v Superman
    40. The Wolverine
    41. Man of Steel
    42. Superman Returns
    43. Iron Man 3
    44. Incredible Hulk
    45. Thor 2

Bottom Tier (Just Pretty Bad Movies) **

46. Green Lantern
    47. Fantastic Four
    48. Justice League
    49. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    50. X-Men Last Stand
    51. Spiderman 3
    52. X-Men Apocalypse
    53. Fantastic Four (the remake)
    54. Hulk
    55. Suicide Squad
    56. Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer

** None of these are as awful as Superman IV, which forever will hold the title of Worst Comic Book Sequel ever

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Look again?

Endgame and Spiderverse are in his tier one. Ragnarok (misspelled Ragnorak so you may have missed it if you ctrl+F'd it) is in tier 2 as is Wonder Woman (17 and 27, respectively).

Edit: Oooooh I see. You took his original list from the first post. That post is several years old. I'll quote his new list (which revived this old thread) below, you can find it on page 3 of this thread:

Oops! My bad. I somehow read and replied to a really old post. Still learning how to use this internet machine thingy.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block