Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Josh Hamilton to miss 6-8 weeks with a thumb injury. Nothing for the Angels to worry about though, he has through 2017 to make that contract worthwhile.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Billy Hamilton is really really fast.

Demented and sad, but social, right?

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

Pretty amazing. Go to mlb.com and watch the highlights of last night's game. He leads off with a triple that wasn't that close. Steals one base without a throw. Easily beats the throw on another steal. Tags up at second on a short fly to right field, and it's not close. Tags up on the play in the gif file here and scores on another short fly to right.

I don't remember game-changing speed like that in the last couple of decades. Maybe Ricky Henderson at his best?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

In AL news, I think Joe Nathan is trying to kill me. Just watch my back, please.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Pretty amazing. Go to mlb.com and watch the highlights of last night's game. He leads off with a triple that wasn't that close. Steals one base without a throw. Easily beats the throw on another steal. Tags up at second on a short fly to right field, and it's not close. Tags up on the play in the gif file here and scores on another short fly to right.

I don't remember game-changing speed like that in the last couple of decades. Maybe Ricky Henderson at his best?
    I don't think even Rickey was as fast as Billy Hamilton.

Well, it looks like the Nats should have the division wrapped up by Sunday. Good season.

I envy everyone for whom MASN broadcasts are blacked out.

Thumbs up Braves win on amazing play

Braves take the Nats with two outs in the bottom of the 10th when Jordan Schaefer scores all the way from first base on a bloop single by Justin Upton.

Watching the replay, I think Bryce Harper should have been charged an error (he bobbled the ball in right and never even made a throw):

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?catego...05&id=10770917

Nats are 1-3 against the Braves this season ... I think they are unbeaten against everybody else.

Bumgarner!

Anyone see Giants pitcher Madison Bumgarner help himself with a grand slam? We went to elementary and high school together, it is really exciting to see him having such an amazing career. Way to represent South Caldwell High School Mad Bum!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Braves take the Nats with two outs in the bottom of the 10th when Jordan Schaefer scores all the way from first base on a bloop single by Justin Upton.

Watching the replay, I think Bryce Harper should have been charged an error (he bobbled the ball in right and never even made a throw):

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?catego...05&id=10770917

Nats are 1-3 against the Braves this season ... I think they are unbeaten against everybody else.
    Yep. Nats have swept the Mets and the Marlins, but have lost 3 of 4 to the Braves.

Last night's game was a lot of fun to watch. Lots of close plays, lots of great defense, and lots of clutch hitting. Ryan Zimmerman's catch and throw to start a double play with a broken bat shard flying at his head was just amazing, as was Rendon's stretch and catch at second and throw to first to complete the play. Harper appears to have busted out of his slump. The Nats outhit the Braves 14-9. It just seemed to be one of those games where little things broke against the Nats.

And I don't think Harper should have been charged with an error. Schaefer was off with the pitch. Harper was all the way back in a "no doubles" defense and had to charge hard. The "bloop single" would have been a routine fly out if the Nats had been playing at normal outfield positions - it was much too deep for Rendon to have a chance coming out from second base. The only thing that made it close was Harper's speed. By the time Bryce got to the ball, Schaefer was rounding 3rd base. The ball landed so softly, it barely bounced, and Harper wasn't able to field it cleanly while on the run. It's clearly a hit, so the error can't be charged on not catching the ball in the air. And it looked to me like it would have taken a perfect play for Harper to have had a chance on throwing Schaefer out at home - cleanly fielding a ball that took an unusual bounce, doing so while moving at speed, and then getting off a strong, accurate throw to home. No error from what I saw.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Mad Bum!
    Truly great nickname!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

And now the Barves are back to playing losing baseball after a weekend of competence.

Wonder if the Braves could petition MLB to have Freeman hit 1st, 3rd and 5th (or 6th) in their line-up on a regular basis.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    And now the Barves are back to playing losing baseball after a weekend of competence.
    Yeah - where we these Braves in the six games vs. the Nats? Sheesh.
    JBDuke

BLANCO!

b

That was especially Barvish, even by Barve standards.

This was a pitchers' duel seven outs ago.

Looking forward to a 10-9 loss. Can only assume Kimbrel is hurt now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

That's called outrunning the game, fast. You're not supposed to be able to score on a pop up 30 feet beyond the infield, especially when the outfielder makes a perfect throw. And no, Rickey Henderson was not that fast. I thought Brett Gardner was the fastest major leaguer I had ever seen, but Hamilton is at a different level.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    That was especially Barvish, even by Barve standards.
    Dude we get it, you don't like the Braves. It would be nice if you would actually discuss the season instead of the endless "Braves suck" posts, or at least stop with the IC like spelling of the team name.