Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dre to Compete in Final Four 3-Point Competition

GoDuke reports today that Andre Dawkins will be in the 3-point competition Friday, April 3 in Dallas. http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

Very excited to hear we will have a chance to see that beautiful stroke one more time this season. Go Dre!!

He could probably win the slam dunk contest, too, if they let him do both.

Dre' all day!!!
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Smoke 'em Dre!!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Good for him! Go DRE!!!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Happy to report, per goduke.com, that Tricia Liston will also be competing, in the women's 3-point contest. Let's go Tricia!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Happy to report, per goduke.com, that Tricia Liston will also be competing, in the women's 3-point contest. Let's go Tricia!
    And both have an excellent chance of winning. Wouldn't that be sweet?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

GoDuke reports today that Andre Dawkins will be in the 3-point competition Friday, April 3 in Dallas. http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

Very excited to hear we will have a chance to see that beautiful stroke one more time this season. Go Dre!!
    Just a heads up to people: The day of the competition is indeed April 3, but that is a Thursday, not a Friday. We wouldn't want anyone to miss Dre vs Trish in the battle of the sexes, would we?

Go Dre!

Go Trish!

Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by AncientPsychicT View Post
    Just a heads up to people: The day of the competition is indeed April 3, but that is a Thursday, not a Friday. We wouldn't want anyone to miss Dre vs Trish in the battle of the sexes, would we?

Go Dre!

Go Trish!

Go Duke!
    Thanks so much, not sure how I got that wrong. Thursday, April 3. Both are scheduled for 9 PM, with ESPN live coverage, according to goduke.com.

Any chance that he could also compete in the dunk contest? It's a shame that the rest of the college basketball world never got more than a glimpse at the jumping ability of Andre Dawkins. Kid's got springs. Georgia Tech knows.

In spite of the undesirable ending to a career that began with a bang, Andre is one of my top three all-time favorites in Duke history. He was sensational this year and throughout his career. I will miss the kid greatly. Best of luck to him.

Dawkins and Liston Competing Tonight

Just bumping the thread up to remind people that they can see Andre Dawkins and Tricia Liston in the 3-point shooting competition at the Final Four, scheduled to be on ESPN at 9 PM tonight (after the NIT final), along with the dunk competition.

Let's go Dre!
    Let's go Tricia!

Just bumping the thread up to remind people that they can see Andre Dawkins and Tricia Liston in the 3-point shooting competition at the Final Four, scheduled to be on ESPN at 9 PM tonight (after the NIT final), along with the dunk competition.

Let's go Dre!
    Let's go Tricia!
    BTW Andre was one of two players highlighted by ESPN on the ad for the competition.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    BTW Andre was one of two players highlighted by ESPN on the ad for the competition.
    Awesome. I think Andre has a lot of fans beyond the Duke fan base, thanks to his affecting personal story, his courage, and the grace and maturity he has shown this year--and the killer smile doesn't hurt. Hopefully he will have some good crowd support tonight.

Not a good opening round for Dre. Only scored 14... might not advance. He got hot at the end, but may be too little, too late.

And Dre is officially eliminated. Didn't make it out of the first round. Been that kind of year for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    And Dre is officially eliminated. Didn't make it out of the first round. Been that kind of year for Duke.
    Still one of my favorites!

It's not over...Liston is still in it!

Go Tricia!!!! My son absolutely adores her!!!

Guess he's still cold.

I know others here disagree with this, but Andre has always been a streaky shooter, which doesn't really lend well to a competition like this. His percentage always remained high because when Andre was on, he didn't miss for games. Not minutes, but games. When he was off, however, he might as well not have even boarded the bus.

Hell of a career, though. In my humble opinion, the best three-point shooter in Duke history not named J.J. Redick. And with as god-like as J.J. was, that might as well mean the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CatDevil View Post
    Go Tricia!!!! My son absolutely adores her!!!
    She's in the finals now.

Tricia

Tricia just made it to the final against Shoni Shimmel. She's shooting well!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Guess he's still cold.

I know others here disagree with this, but Andre has always been a streaky shooter, which doesn't really lend well to a competition like this. His percentage always remained high because when Andre was on, he didn't miss for games. Not minutes, but games. When he was off, however, he might as well not have even boarded the bus.

Hell of a career, though. In my humble opinion, the best three-point shooter in Duke history not named J.J. Redick. And with as god-like as J.J. was, that might as well mean the best.
    Andre was good, but the best 3 point shooter for Duke other than JJ was Trajan Langdon, hands down.