Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Looking on the bright side...

The grand or so I budgeted for a trip to Dallas I can now spend on other things. No chance of my ex-girlfriend who lives there stalking me.

I wanted to take a hiking trip down to New Mexico, now I don't have to worry about planning it around all those stupid basketball games.

Last time this happened (Lehigh, 2012) I was stuck at O'Hare on the way back from a job interview I knew I had bombed. I'm in a better place now.

At least Seth Davis and Grant Hill were able to make fun of themselves. We should learn from them.

It's Colorado in March. Time to put on the snowshoes and go outside. Well, not in that order.

I'm flying to Colorado in June. I guess I'll look forward to that now... And of course baseball...go Braves!

Stuff happens - the players are in their late teens and early 20s while this is a career for the coaches - easier for us to move on

I usually quit drinking beer until Memorial Day after Duke exits the tournament - I get an earlier start this year, for which my body thanks me

Word on the street is that it's springtime. I might go outside and check that out, now that I don't have those pesky TV appointments.

There is no bright side. I work in DC around a bunch of Maryland grads/haters. My favorite hobby just ended badly. I finished the bag of Cheetos last night. My basement flooded yesterday because of the rain. My wife bought me a belt I dont like and I am always bad about having those conversations.

Anyone on here a shrink?

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    There is no bright side. I work in DC around a bunch of Maryland grads/haters.
    Ask them how their NCAAT game went.

That's about 50 hours of tournament watching that can now be put to more productive uses, like finally cleaning the garage and reading Faulkner (by which I mean watching House of Cards season 2 and the first three seasons of Game of Thrones).

I appreciate the attempts at humor. It may take me a little while to get there. But hey I wanted to take my wife to a movie this weekend. Why not? Times like this I wish it were not as important to me as it is, but I am not throwing things & cursing. Of course this is our first year of marriage and she fails to understand why it hurts me so deeply.

I work in DC too

There is no bright side. I work in DC around a bunch of Maryland grads/haters. My favorite hobby just ended badly. I finished the bag of Cheetos last night. My basement flooded yesterday because of the rain. My wife bought me a belt I dont like and I am always bad about having those conversations.

Anyone on here a shrink?
    Just tell the Maryland fans to enjoy the Big Ten.

And get ready for an interesting season for the Washington Nationals.

Maybe try a new hobby, tto.

To everything
    there is a season
    and a time for every purpose
    under Heaven.

Time to go outside and play.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    I appreciate the attempts at humor. It may take me a little while to get there. But hey I wanted to take my wife to a movie this weekend. Why not? Times like this I wish it were not as important to me as it is, but I am not throwing things & cursing. Of course this is our first year of marriage and she fails to understand why it hurts me so deeply.
    Been here before - a season that did not work out as expected. It always gets better. Duke has brought us a lot of joy. I guess it has to be balanced with some disappointment. I will go back to watch when this gets to the final four. Weekends just opened up.

Anyone on here a shrink?
    No, but on the bright side, it sounds like you could write a country song.

I can finish Breaking Bad much more quickly now.

Weather in LA has been beautiful

Lots of fun springtime activities here in LA.

Was planning to go to the UCLA game on Sunday in San Diego w/ my cousins who are Bruin alums. I'm undecided now if I want to go. Part of me just wants to shut out basketball at least the rest of the year.

Time to channel my emotions into enhanced productivity at work.

Thanks to our team and our coaches for everything this year. Excited for next year. That is all.

My liver won't take a beating!

Except for tonight, when I down my sorrows with beer followed by whiskey.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Also... you may not be winning the billion dollars, but no one else is, either.

Now I can take the time to learn the names of the kids who run through my house calling me "Dad."

One might by Myron, Merton, or something like that. It'll come to me.

... we don't have to listen to Elmore for a while.

I'd rather be a Duke fan and lose in the first round than....a whole bunch of other stuff....

I guess now I will be installing my Wife's new Stereo player in her car and finally get to the trees that fell in my back yard due to the ice storm a couple weeks ago.