Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    It doesn't incorporate that Jessica was her sister at all. The best I can throw out there is that Jessica was the manifestation due to emotional/mental distress at the loss of her sister. It was easier to have a template for the second part of her personality.
    I like... that is now my favorite explanation of her abilities... so does her Nikki version have the ability of super-strength or not? Does her body physically change with the mental switch? I had always thought 'no, it is just that she doesn't think she has super strength so she doesn't display it... whenever she needs to, Jessica comes out,' the other option is that when Jessica comes out, her strength also increases. Or maybe it is just some kind of super adrenaline-surge (mom picking up a car off of a crushed child kind of thing). What do you think?

Nikki does have super-strength, but like Isaac hasn't figured out how to control it without Jessica yet. Remember she (Nikki) snapped the billy club when she was in jail like it was a twig and surprised herself. I think that Jessica, like Isaac's drug use, is the vehichle for Nikki to unlock her super strength, but not part of her power itself.

I'm guessing at some point in the future she'll either kick Jessica to the curb and learn how to use her power as Nikki or merge her two personalities (a la "Drawing of the Three").
    "There can BE only one."

The show is pretty clear about saying that the power comes from each person's DNA. The DNA is in Nikki so Nikki has the super-strength power. The fact that her personality is messed up and she has a split-personality has nothing to do with that. I like the suggestion that the Jessica personality, whichis clearly angry and more aggressive anyway, has figured out how to use the power.

It is sort of like Sylar, who also has a power from his DNA but is a messed-up psycho-killer. His power and his personality are separate-- though they appear to compliment each other.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I enjoyed the episode but I was very disappointed that HRG was so easily duped. I mean come on, the shape shifter is obviously not a fan of his, they just used her power to trick the police and later the same day HRG falls for the same trick? Come on, he's smarter than that...or at least he was before last night. I didn't care too much for that twist. HRG has seemingly gone from a great character generating lost of curiosity (good guy? bad guy? both?) to being all but impotent. His character would have planned ahead for these type of events!
    Well, he has just started working with the shape-shifter so he may not have been prepared for her duplicity. Also, he is a bit scatterbrained because he just figured out he is not a Company Man anymore. In a way, he did prepare for being tricked because he had the Haitiian get rid of all memories that could lead The Company to his daughter. He may be caught and in some trouble, but Claire remains safe.

Anyway, I liked the tie in with Claire's grandmother (Nathan's Mom),
    HATED THIS!! I mean it was a nice twist and all, but does not match at all with the way Nathan's mom has acted in the past. It also does not really make sense for her to know so much about Claire. I mean, how does anyone, even the Haitiian, know who Claire's real father is? Now NAthan's mother knows?!?! Puh-lease!! That was done just for the surprise factor not because it actually made sense in the plot so far. I don't see this as a good sign for where the show is going.

I like that Hiro finally got his powers back, I like the expanded role of the Haitian, and I can't wait to see the showdown between Sylar and Peter! I don't like that I have to wait 6 weeks to see what happens.
    I am very interested in seeing how Sylar and Peyer have their battle. Sylar seems much more powerful that Peter at this point. Pete needs to just go invisible and hope that Sylar cannot sense him because he has nothing to match Sylar's telekentic strength. Of course, if the show really plays it right, then invisibility won't be a problem for Sylar because Sylar has such super-hearing that he can hear Pete's heartbeat loud and clear. I doubt the show will do this, but if they really give Sylar all his powers, he's pretty freaking impossible to beat.

As an aside, shouldn't Pete be a mind-reader at this point too? He has been around Parkman. Get Pete near Hiro and you'll have someone who can beat Sylar.

-Jason "April 23rd?!?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!?! Arrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Evans

Peter is around Sylar, so he has all his powers (and we haven't any reason yet to think his strength with them is less than the native powers)... he just doesn't know how to use them as well. He also already does have Hiro's time-stop ability as well as he can heal and fly. So he should win thiat fight... if he can use his powers under stress.

he has just started working with the shape-shifter so he may not have been prepared for her duplicity.
    She isn't changing her physical form. It's all a mind trick, an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

HATED THIS!! I mean it was a nice twist and all, but does not match at all with the way Nathan's mom has acted in the past. It also does not really make sense for her to know so much about Claire. I mean, how does anyone, even the Haitiian, know who Claire's real father is? Now NAthan's mother knows?!?! Puh-lease!! That was done just for the surprise factor not because it actually made sense in the plot so far. I don't see this as a good sign for where the show is going.

-Jason "April 23rd?!?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!?! Arrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Evans
    I buy this, though. Madam Petrelli is a politician's wife, apparently accustomed to cleaning up/covering up indiscretions. I can see her knowing about Claire when Nathan didn't. I can also see her having some sway over the Haitian. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she knew what the company was up t, and that her husband was involved in some way.

Papa Petrelli's suicide has been so long ago it is easy to forget, but I think that it may be a significant plot point in the future.

Funny how no TV shows are showing in the next couple of weeks...wonder why?

exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    I buy this, though. Madam Petrelli is a politician's wife, apparently accustomed to cleaning up/covering up indiscretions. I can see her knowing about Claire when Nathan didn't. I can also see her having some sway over the Haitian. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she knew what the company was up t, and that her husband was involved in some way.

Papa Petrelli's suicide has been so long ago it is easy to forget, but I think that it may be a significant plot point in the future.

Funny how no TV shows are showing in the next couple of weeks...wonder why?

exiled
    Good point... remember that her husband was mixed up with Linderman (his lawyer or something). Not sure if I like the twist yet or not... I will have to see where they go with it.

Connections

Quote Originally Posted by bhd28 View Post
    Good point... remember that her husband was mixed up with Linderman (his lawyer or something). Not sure if I like the twist yet or not... I will have to see where they go with it.
    Question: Is it a good thing or a bad thing that Heroes is going the Lost route of having everyone being just a bit too connected?

This week on Lost, we are going to find out that Jack is Claire's big brother, or something absurd like that. Heroes is clearly faaaar down that path. While the DNA aspect of hero power makes some connection neccessary on Heroes, I think tying all the characters together too much is just silly.

-Jason "this is a dead week for TV until Lost and the Tourney" Evans