Anyone rocking Thunderbolt externals?

getting my new Mac pro in a couple of days....looking forward to light speed data transfer...

anyone else got one?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    getting my new Mac pro in a couple of days....looking forward to light speed data transfer...

anyone else got one?
    I don't own a Mac Pro, but being in IT at a university I do get to play with a couple. I set one up with a Promise Pegasus RAID on thunderbolt. The main system boots in 8 to 10 seconds and the first full Time Machine backup of the system completed in under 20 minutes.

Nice toys. :-)

I love my MBP, but what are you transferring that you want Thunderbolt for? eSATA has been pretty quick for my PC.

I don't, though I do have a friend who just got a Thunderbolt equipped MacBook Pro and now has a whole bunch of useless devices with proprietary connections (Firewire) that won't work without expensive proprietary conversion cables or be replaced with new proprietary peripherals. Sounds like fun.

i work with audio...the files are large (each session is about 30-80-GB) it's going to be nice to back them up in a matter of minutes i

plus, the HDX Card that runs my Pro Tools will be via thunderbolt...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

TBolt is awesome. I upload large RAW image files one 16GB card at a time and it's ridiculously fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    I don't, though I do have a friend who just got a Thunderbolt equipped MacBook Pro and now has a whole bunch of useless devices with proprietary connections (Firewire) that won't work without expensive proprietary conversion cables or be replaced with new proprietary peripherals. Sounds like fun.
    If I worked professionally with massive data, I might invest in TB. Otherwise, USB 3.0 is plenty fast enough for me, and much more universal and less expensive. MacWorld did a nice comparison last year, and USB stacked up pretty well.

-jk