Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oxford, NC

    PLumlee vs Plumlee

    Not sure if this had happened before but MP1 and MP2 both started tonight against each other. Brooklyn topped the Suns 108-95. Mason with game's only double-double.
    MP1 - 18 min, 3 pts, 6 reb, 2 assists
    MP2 - 27 min, 14 pts, 11 reb, 1 assist, 2 steals.
    Must have brought back memories of backyard ball growing up.
    Great to see both getting opportunities.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by tfk53 View Post
    Not sure if this had happened before but MP1 and MP2 both started tonight against each other. Brooklyn topped the Suns 108-95. Mason with game's only double-double.
    MP1 - 18 min, 3 pts, 6 reb, 2 assists
    MP2 - 27 min, 14 pts, 11 reb, 1 assist, 2 steals.
    Must have brought back memories of backyard ball growing up.
    Great to see both getting opportunities.
    Thanks for the update. Sort of surprised at MP1's stat line. He was killing it earlier in the year. I have not checked in on him lately. Great stats for Mason though. Both guys have been ballin at times this year!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Thanks for the update. Sort of surprised at MP1's stat line. He was killing it earlier in the year. I have not checked in on him lately. Great stats for Mason though. Both guys have been ballin at times this year!
    You could actually make a case based on stats that Mason is the best rookie in the league this year. He has by far the leading PER among rookies with at least 500 minutes, and actually leads Basketball Reference's Win Shares (which is not a rate stat, i.e., it's more like 'total points' than 'points per minute'). He's also has an adjusted +/- of -0.5, vs. -2.6 for Carter-Williams, -1.1 for Burke, and -2.2 for Oladipo, who I gather are the leaders for rookie of the year. Very impressive what he's doing this year.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by vick View Post
    You could actually make a case based on stats that Mason is the best rookie in the league this year. He has by far the leading PER among rookies with at least 500 minutes, and actually leads Basketball Reference's Win Shares (which is not a rate stat, i.e., it's more like 'total points' than 'points per minute'). He's also has an adjusted +/- of -0.5, vs. -2.6 for Carter-Williams, -1.1 for Burke, and -2.2 for Oladipo, who I gather are the leaders for rookie of the year. Very impressive what he's doing this year.
    I suspect that MP1 would not have been able to do this if he left after his Freshman year and was drafted on potential. He might have flamed out by now. 4 years of Duke helped him grow as a player and gain confidence. He has done very well. At the beginning of the year- there were discussions that he would spend most of the year in the D league because the Nets were so deep. He has shown he can play with the big boys.
    dukelifer

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I suspect that MP1 would not have been able to do this if he left after his Freshman year and was drafted on potential. He might have flamed out by now. 4 years of Duke helped him grow as a player and gain confidence. He has done very well. At the beginning of the year- there were discussions that he would spend most of the year in the D league because the Nets were so deep. He has shown he can play with the big boys.
    I think you mean MP2 (Mason) but I agree. Staying four years to develop under K served Mason really well in the end.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Bbbbbbbut... Duke doesn't develop big men!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    I think you mean MP2 (Mason) but I agree. Staying four years to develop under K served Mason really well in the end.
    Yes, Mason - I was starting with Miles as MP0.

Similar Threads

  1. Miles Plumlee is having fun
    By 1999ballboy in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 05:37 PM
  2. Marshall Plumlee on TV
    By DBFAN in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
  3. Marshall Plumlee
    By Blueequalslife23 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 261
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 10:06 AM
  4. Plumlee
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 10:54 AM
  5. K on Miles Plumlee
    By trinity92 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 05:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •