Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

How Many DBR Folks Going Tomorrow?

OK who is in? I am definitely going. The word is that scalping method will get you in fairly easy without destroying your bank account. If you dont mind sitting in the upperlevel (not bad at all from the sideline view) you can get in really cheap. Lower level seats should be available just at a higher cost. Even there we may can find reasonabl deals.

So far I know of Kshepinthehouse, and DU82. Anyone else going? Our guys will need a lot of crowd support. Going to be a great game!

Go Duke!!

I will be there. Tickets on stub hub tomorrow should be really cheap, but you have to pick them up at some hotel nearby. I don't like dealing with those scalpers at the GC, they are unpleasant to work with. Also, no one buy tickets off of stub hub until they drop below 40 a piece which they assuredly will, because if you do, you will drive the asking price up or make it stay the same. Be patient, they will plummet.

Sat in the second row from the top in the corner for the Clemson game and was perfectly happy, the Coliseum is a great place to watch a game, from anywhere. The place should have a bunch of open seats so don't fret about getting seats together with your buddies, just find an empty row nearby and have a good time.

Hip Hip Hurray for Carolina and State going down and thus eliminating 65% of the Ticket market, we take up like 25% of the remainder. Should be a majority Duke crowd tomorrow.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    OK who is in? I am definitely going. The word is that scalping method will get you in fairly easy without destroying your bank account. If you dont mind sitting in the upperlevel (not bad at all from the sideline view) you can get in really cheap. Lower level seats should be available just at a higher cost. Even there we may can find reasonabl deals.

So far I know of Kshepinthehouse, and DU82. Anyone else going? Our guys will need a lot of crowd support. Going to be a great game!

Go Duke!!
    I'll be there; was there today.

Yeah, tickets should be available and affordable. There was a pretty sizable Wahoo crowd there today, and I'd guess they'll get some more tomorrow, but it's not like a light blue horde.

I ended up in the second level Section 211, but around mid-court and in one of the lower rows. Not a bad seat at all.

Championship Sunday!

I'll be there too. I bought my tickets before the tourney but lucked up with a friend who has some security connections. If you can just buy cheap seats for tomorrow there are some empty rows court side that other schools have that aren't being used. We sat down on court today and it was awesome. Just get in the building then try to move to lower bowl. Many of the lower sections are not checked for seats. I probably shouldn't be real open with this but if anyone is interested PM me. I may be able to make a couple of suggestions.

Here's to a championship tomorrow! GO DUKE!!!

Y'all are overestimating ticket demand. I would be comfortable showing up with no more than $20 in my pocket.

Wish I was nearby, but, as my handle implies, a trip from NY is not in the cards.

Getting tickets

One other thought. If you park in public parking you can buy cheap tickets. Some of the scalpels on the coliseum property are not real nice and seem like gangsters. If you can't It til close to tip off you'll score some cheap seats. Upper level. Face is $60. You could probably get some for $35. Then move once you're inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukefitgirl View Post
    One other thought. If you park in public parking you can buy cheap tickets. Some of the scalpels on the coliseum property are not real nice and seem like gangsters. If you can't It til close to tip off you'll score some cheap seats. Upper level. Face is $60. You could probably get some for $35. Then move once you're inside.
    I wouldn't pay over 30 for a ticket from a scalper on site. UVA isn't bringing much of a crowd and I doubt there are that many more Duke fans going.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I wouldn't pay over 30 for a ticket from a scalper on site. UVA isn't bringing much of a crowd and I doubt there are that many more Duke fans going.
    Well, maybe. I've got a feeling there will be more seats than tickets, if you know what I mean. Fans from UNC, NCSU, and some other schools won't be there tomorrow, but may have headed home with those Sunday tickets in their pockets. Still, there should be tickets available at a reasonable cost.

I used stub Hub today. The good thing about them is that the price you see is the price you pay. No add on's fees etc.
    I picked them up in the local comfort inn. Really easy. Nice operation. I paid 65 for 90 dollar seats.

Thanks to my good friend and classmate Weezie, I will be there. Go Duke! By the way, I thought Gene Banks looked great today.

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    Thanks to my good friend and classmate Weezie, I will be there. Go Duke! By the way, I thought Gene Banks looked great today.
    I talked to Ricky Price after the Clemson game. What a nice dude. I remember this wild 360 dunk he had one time. Incredible.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Y'all are overestimating ticket demand. I would be comfortable showing up with no more than $20 in my pocket.
    I agree. If you paid much more than $20 you probably paid too much. Also, I believe face value for an upper is $45 and lower is $60.

That will be just fine me Hurley! I think I will have one or two of those in my pocket. Hope to hold onto as many of them as possible and still get a good seat!

That will be just fine me Hurley! I think I will have one or two of those in my pocket. Hope to hold onto as many of them as possible and still get a good seat!
    I would make sure it's four $5s.

Also, you can park for free in the sketchy neighborhood on the north side of the coliseum. (What's the nearest free parking to Brooklyn? Somewhere in Bridgeport, perhaps?)

I would make sure it's four $5s.

Also, you can park for free in the sketchy neighborhood on the north side of the coliseum. (What's the nearest free parking to Brooklyn? Somewhere in Bridgeport, perhaps?)
    I am soaking up all your advice here.

Fortunately I have a veteran scalper getting a ticket for me before I even get there, if I don't get one tonight from a family member.

I am soaking up all your advice here.

Fortunately I have a veteran scalper getting a ticket for me before I even get there, if I don't get one tonight from a family member.
    Another little piece of advice for the rookies at scalping, low ball the hell out of the scalpers. They will walk away for a second then almost immediately half their offer. My services are for rent if needed, or hell, I like messing with those guys, I'll do it fo free.

Here's to seeing all of your bright and shining faces tomorrow as Duke hopefully makes it 11 in 16 years. Jabari and Rodney are likely gone, so let's send them out as champions.

Prediction: Dre gets some minutes tomorrow and makes it freaking rain!!! Gonna have to play him a little bit because with the defense Rodney and Rasheed played today they need probably a 30 seconds/1 minute off before some key media timeouts.

Let's go devils!!!

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Another little piece of advice for the rookies at scalping, low ball the hell out of the scalpers. They will walk away for a second then almost immediately half their offer.
    Rule #1 when buying in the secondary market: ALWAYS be prepared to walk away. Always. A sports ticket is not a gallon of milk; you do not NEED it. The best deals I've scored (and by that I mean free tickets) have happened when I didn't really care if I didn't get in.

I wish I was, but for some reason the ACC keeps rejecting my petition to move the conference tournament to Seattle. Cheering from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    I agree. If you paid much more than $20 you probably paid too much. Also, I believe face value for an upper is $45 and lower is $60.
    I can assure the face value of my lower ticket was 90. I paid 65.
    I will also say that through the morning prices were dropping on Stub hub. I actually bought mine after the first game had started. I was very happy with my seats.
    There were tickets in the upper sections for 30 bucks or so. As I walked into the stadium there were still plenty of people holding up tickets too. There must have been lots of good deals available.
    I just preferred driving there with my good deal all taken care of. Some people have mentioned about once you are in, you are in. Not everyone has the balls or the patience to go and sit in an area where you do not have an assigned seat. I can tell you that on my lower level it was very full.