Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke vs Clemson, ACCT (Fri ~2130 EDT, ESPN) Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

Finally, we know who we're playing. But we don't know when. Of course we don't, because of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle!

Time for revenge.
    There's no way we can come out flat and unmotivated ... right?

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    Time for revenge.
    There's no way we can come out flat and unmotivated ... right?
    Right?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Right?
    Like we did in last year's tournament?

I'm really hopeful... especially after the unc game, the possibilities of the platoons with the extra energy, and the emergence of Jabari as a real leader. GO DUKE!!!!!

I was praying that Georgia Tech would win. I think Duke will struggle with Clemson just like they struggled with Maryland last year. Clemson can ugly it up and keep the score down. That won't favor Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion View Post
    I was praying that Georgia Tech would win. I think Duke will struggle with Clemson just like they struggled with Maryland last year. Clemson can ugly it up and keep the score down. That won't favor Duke.
    As long as we get Jabari the ball on the low block or the elbow and Hood mixes things up with the drive and the 3, we should win.

I don't think any non-elite teams have any answer for Jabari at this point. Not sure if the elite ones do either, but hopefully we'll learn that later on.
    We gotta ride him as far as we can go. We should be going to Saturday.

Curious to see how Quinn comes out in this one.

Remember that the ACC feed is available on TV (as I know some people prefer their commentators) in the below markets and online on the ACC website:
    http://www.theacc.com/#!/GameCenter/...b0e7c771510841

Code:
    District Of Columbia
    Washington, DC (Hagerstown, MD) WDCA My Network TV MY 20

Florida
    Jacksonville WAWS-D2 My Network TV WAWS-D2
    Panama City WMBB-D2 This TV This Panama City (13.2) 
    Tallahassee-Thomasville FOX FOX 49 
    West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce WTCN	My Network TV My 15

Georgia
    Albany WSWG-D2 My Network TV WSWG-DT2 (WSWG.2)
    Atlanta WATL My Network TV My Atl TV 
    Augusta-Aiken WFXG FOX FOX 54
    Savannah WGSA CW Savannah's CW

Maryland
    Baltimore WNUV CW The CW Baltimore
    Salisbury WRDE-DT My Network TV My RTV 9

New York
    Albany WNYA My Network TV My 4 Albany
    Binghamton WBPN My Network TV My 8 Binghamton
    Elmira WJKP My Network TV My Twin Tiers
    Rochester WHAM-D2 CW The Rochester
    Syracuse WSTM NBC NBC 3
    Utica WPNY My Network TV My WPNY TV

North Carolina
    Charlotte WBTV CBS WBTV 3 
    Greensboro- Winston-Salem -High Point WFMY CBS WFMY News 2
    Greenville-New Bern-Washington WCTI-D3 This TV WCTI-D3
    Raleigh-Durham (Fayetteville) WRAL CBS WRAL TV 5
    Wilmington WECT NBC TV 6

Pennsylvania
    Pittsburgh WTAE-D2 This TV
    State College-Johnstown-Altoona WHVL My Network TV Happy Valley
    Wilkes Barre-Scanton WQMY My Network TV My Network TV WQMY

South Carolina
    Columbia WKTC My Network TV My 63
    Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville WLOS ABC ABC 13
    Myrtle Beach-Florence WWMB CW Channel 21

Tennessee
    Chattanooga WDSI-D2 My Network TV My Network Chattanooga

Virginia
    Charlottesville NBC NBC 29
    Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News WGNT CW	CW 27
    Richmond-Petersburg WTVR CBS CBS 6
    Roanoke-Lynchburg WDBJ CBS WDBJ 7

Double Bye

Against Tech in OT on Thursday night, Clemson's starters logged 30, 34, 36, 40, and 43 minutes of game time.

The double bye is always advantage, but it seems like the advantage is compounded following a late night overtime game. Extra game minutes, extra late getting to bed. I'll take every advantage we can get. I want to win the ACC!

Ugh, I have a bad feeling about this game. We haven't been good off extended breaks, and we're vulnerable to these scrappy defensive teams, especially ones with extremely quick point guards. I hope Jabari just comes out on fire, that would probably give us the cushion needed to win.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Ugh, I have a bad feeling about this game. We haven't been good off extended breaks, and we're vulnerable to these scrappy defensive teams, especially ones with extremely quick point guards. I hope Jabari just comes out on fire, that would probably give us the cushion needed to win.
    But Duke has done well in rematch games where they lost the first one. This will again come down to crunch time. Duke will need to be smart and find ways to score inside. Clemson is a good test.

Semifinals

What time would our semifinal game be on Saturday? Evening, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Around 4

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Semi finals are at 1 and 3:30. If we win, we would play in the 3:30 slot
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

I'm hoping for an easy win and a chance to rest the starters. I'm probably asking for too much. Will settle for just a win.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I'm hoping for an easy win and a chance to rest the starters. I'm probably asking for too much. Will settle for just a win.
    Good chance we see the platoon system of substitution, at least in the 1st half.

Jabari needs to be a different player than he was in the 1st game vs Clemson (6 3-pt attempts) and take care of business with inside scoring and rebounding. He will do it and Duke will advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Curious to see how Quinn comes out in this one.
    I think he should do well because Clemson is a man-to-man team and his struggles tend to come more against zones, imo. Nice opportunity here for Quinn to continue to build momentum after a good game against UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    But Duke has done well in rematch games where they lost the first one. This will again come down to crunch time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion View Post
    I think Duke destroys Clemson personally. Maybe --maybe-- we get out to a slow start because Clemson just played while Duke's previous game was on Saturday, but Duke should eventually roll. The existence of the Maryland example from last season makes it more likely Duke is superfocused here, not less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I think he should do well because Clemson is a man-to-man team and his struggles tend to come more against zones, imo. Nice opportunity here for Quinn to continue to build momentum after a good game against UNC.

I think Duke destroys Clemson personally. Maybe --maybe-- we get out to a slow start because Clemson just played while Duke's previous game was on Saturday, but Duke should eventually roll. The existence of the Maryland example from last season makes it more likely Duke is superfocused here, not less likely.
    I'm agree with you on this one. I see Duke coming out fired up and I look for Jabari to be the leader he was in the Carolina game. I see it close to the 8 minute mark of the first half and Duke pulls away. I agree we'll see the line change in this one. Going to be interesting to see how many minutes MPIII get's in this one. GoDuke!

I think Clemson creates issues for us with their defense. McDaniels could likely neutralize either Hood or Parker. I would much rather we be playing GTech. The performance of our guards is extremely important in this one. Hopefully we can force some turnovers to get out in transition and not keep it a half court game. We should get the win but it's going to be ugly.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    I think Clemson creates issues for us with their defense. McDaniels could likely neutralize either Hood or Parker. I would much rather we be playing GTech. The performance of our guards is extremely important in this one. Hopefully we can force some turnovers to get out in transition and not keep it a half court game. We should get the win but it's going to be ugly.
    He cannot guard both of them, have to hope that whichever one is not being guarded by McDaniels has a great game. I think Duke wins this one convincingly.