Great story about 14 year old birthday

Really nice article about a writer from sports illustrated (the one who did the Coach K/Parker cover) and his 14 year old sons experience at Duke v. UNC. linky

Side note: Parker is an amazing kid. Whenever he decides to head for pro ball he will be missed. Class act.
    Last edited by -jk; 03-14-2014 at 12:05 AM. Reason: fix link

Thanks for the link. What a great birthday present for a 14 year old. What Jabari and his parents did for the young man was terrific. We're really blessed to have Jabari as a Blue Devil and I'm blessed to be a Duke fan. Beat Clemson and GoDuke!

Really nice article. Jeff Benedict is a fun writer.

His son must have had a great experience. And he's also the only person on earth who described Vitale as "awesome". I'll give him until his 17th birthday before he realizes the truth...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Vitale may not be the best announcer anymore, but he is still awesome. His love for basketball is infectious, and he does so much to raise money for cancer research. In my book he's awesome with a capital A baby!

Great story! Wish I could have given my son that present when he was 14...1992 would have been a great experience. Coach K just keeps getting great guys. How many other stories have we read over the years?

Great story. Thanks for sharing the link.

I think we all knew that Jabari was a special kid, anyway, but this just adds to his legacy. (Here's hoping he adds one more year at Duke to his legacy, too!)
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Jabari's awesome. Also loved that the Crazies let Clancy sit with them. Wow!