Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Wake Forest 82, Duke 72 -- Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game comments here.

Remember, no venting or player/coach bashing allowed.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

We barfed in the gutter.

This may sound like I'm bashing, but these teams we've had the last few years just seem to have no leadership on the court. So frustrating to watch.

no heart no effort on d. it is what it is at this point. they make the 3 tough out they don't they simply cannot stop anyone from scoring. too much variance from this duke team to be considered a legit title contender. they might make a little run or they could get beat in the 1st round.

Familiar story - long scoring droughts where we don't move the ball or get it inside and then miss open threes. Turnovers and long rebounds lead to runouts. Guys playing through foul trouble and thus playing matador defense, allowing our opponents to look much better than they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    We barfed in the gutter.
    And then got barfed on, while laying unconscious in the gutter.

As I said in a previous thread, this team will break your heart.

Minus 33 in fouls in Cuse, UNC, and Wake losses.

We played horribly, and there's no excuse for losing to Wake, but let's not pretend that officiating hasn't been a factor.

changes the sheets...turn the exhaust fan on...

"One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I wish I could say our deficiencies all appear basketball skill related and while to a certain extent they do appear that way, it is disheartening to watch this team play with no heart, toughness, or fight.

Well, that was unpleasant. No idea how we look so lost out there all of a sudden. That is all on us.

better forget this game quickly, I don't understand why Parker doesn't get any touches late

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    We barfed in the gutter.
    Must be a good barfing gutter. This is what, the fourth or fifth time we've used it this season?

Worst Duke loss I can remember. Worst than Lehigh. Wake is a bad bad team, and to allow a 17-0 run with the game on the line is as embarrassing as it gets.

Late game situations when things get tight, especially when we have a lead, the whole team just kinda has a collective brain fart. String together a couple of bad decisions, and this kind of thing happens.

Hard to be optimistic moving forward. If we don't win an ACC title or NCAA championship we are looking at a season with at least 9 losses. Pretty bad by our standards. No doubt Tyus Jones gets the nod next year. Quinn gas almost been a liability in the last 4 weeks. He cannot play strong with the ball.

First 15 second-half minutes: 23 points
    Last 5 second-half minutes: 23 points.

And typically, they made their last 20 aught free throws. Just wow.

Seems like every single game has a five minute scoring drought. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    We played horribly, and there's no excuse for losing to Wake, but let's not pretend that officiating hasn't been a factor.
    nope, we lost because we played horribly

Quote Originally Posted by Dukeface88 View Post
    Must be a good barfing gutter. This is what, the fourth or fifth time we've used it this season?
    Less than a week old, but came with good timing.

I"d just really like to go back to losing because the other team played better. This crap where we get called for twice as many fouls is getting old.