Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

WBB: Duke vs Wake Forest

Senior night is tonight against Wake. Game time is 6:30 and will be shown on ESPN3.
    I hate saying goodbye to this great senior class - Chelsea, Haley, Tricia, and Richa. Chloe still has some eligibility left, but I assume she is not coming back next year; don't know if she'll be honored tonight or not, but my guess is no since she hasn't been on the bench for the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    Senior night is tonight against Wake. Game time is 6:30 and will be shown on ESPN3.
    I hate saying goodbye to this great senior class - Chelsea, Haley, Tricia, and Richa. Chloe still has some eligibility left, but I assume she is not coming back next year; don't know if she'll be honored tonight or not, but my guess is no since she hasn't been on the bench for the last few weeks.
    Does anyone know why she has not been there? I know she is injured and apparently can't play, but disappearing from the bench is a bit unusual. Maybe she doesn't feel a strong emotional tie to the team and just had other things she wanted to do with her time?

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Does anyone know why she has not been there? I know she is injured and apparently can't play, but disappearing from the bench is a bit unusual. Maybe she doesn't feel a strong emotional tie to the team and just had other things she wanted to do with her time?
    Chloe http://www.swishappeal.com/2014/2/27...s-senior-night

Look for pressure on the ball in every game left on the schedule. This team has been turnover prone with Jones at full strength. But the main thing tonight is give these seniors a good send off. Beat Wake. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Look for pressure on the ball in every game left on the schedule. This team has been turnover prone with Jones at full strength. But the main thing tonight is give these seniors a good send off. Beat Wake. GoDuke!

We have been dribbling to much which has other players standing
    around to see where the ball ends up. A good passing game will give
    us more movement and hopefully more open looks

Quote Originally Posted by aswewere View Post
    This is ridiculous. Why doesn't Duke tell fans, supporters and the media what's going on with Chloe???
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    This is ridiculous. Why doesn't Duke tell fans, supporters and the media what's going on with Chloe???
    Where would you have them start Emily Waner, assistant coaches, or the transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by aswewere View Post
    Where would you have them start Emily Waner, assistant coaches, or the transfers?
    Why do you think you are entitled to any information about the personal decisions made by these individuals? It is quite possible that they do not desire to make public the basis of their decisions. Each of them would have a forum if they chose to use it. You are truly obsessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Why do you think you are entitled to any information about the personal decisions made by these individuals? It is quite possible that they do not desire to make public the basis of their decisions. Each of them would have a forum if they chose to use it. You are truly obsessed.
    Where did I indicate that wanted or should have this info? It does look like some one
    does not want it in there trophy case though.

Why does every WBB immediately get weird?

If this doesn't cease, I'm going to have to make up a drinking game about it.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

So no one would find it odd if Tyler Thornton was not on the bench for the Wake or UNC games and was not mentioned or honored on senior night and Duke made no mention of it?
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post

When Krzyzewski retires, every thread will be like this, year-round. So.

I'm not sure what this statement means. Are you saying that WBB threads get weird? Or that WBB gets weird? The answer to this question is important for determining the drinking game rules.

Why bother with a drinking game? These immediately weird WBB threads make prime material for your next DBR Handy Pocket Reference. I mean...

15) Women’s Basketball
    a) Goestenkors can’t coach big games.
    b) Our team is soft compared to [UNC/UConn/SEC team]
    c) [UNC’s toughest player] is the biggest I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. in the history of Western Civilization.
    d) Sweet tap-dancing Moses, did you see what Sylvia Hatchell was wearing?
    e) How do I get tickets to the sold-out [UNC/UTK/UConn] women’s game (1 month after they were sold). I really want to go; it’s the only women’s game I’ve ever been interested in, after all
    f) I’ve only seen the two nationally televised games all season, but being an experienced basketball fan I have to say, [player] is simply a liability to this team.
    g) My rec-league team of five fortysomething guys could beat a team of five Alana Beards.
    h) Wooden says the women’s game is purer, Ha, take that!
    i) Women’s BB players shouldn’t have their numbers retired or be considered to have school-wide records because it’s a different sport.
    j) Chris Moreland gets no respect, what up?

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Why bother with a drinking game? These immediately weird WBB threads make prime material for your next DBR Handy Pocket Reference. I mean...
    Considering what some people in WBB threads say over and over again, I find the following entry from the Pocket Reference Guide very instructive.

15) Women’s Basketball
    a) Goestenkors can’t coach big games.
    So perhaps all Coach P has to do in order to become a Goddess is to jilt us for a higher-paying gig elsewhere.

I'm a long time poster here. I don't understand the response I evoked. My apologies.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I'm a long time poster here. I don't understand the response I evoked. My apologies.
    Understandable. This is a fairly recent development.

If you get a chance, read any WBB thread from the past month. The immediate awkwardness you feel is fascinating.

Don't apologize. Some folks here are on edge, others just rude.

So no one would find it odd if Tyler Thornton was not on the bench for the Wake or UNC games and was not mentioned or honored on senior night and Duke made no mention of it?
    No. For all any of us know, it could be an academic or student conduct issue, in which case Federal privacy law would be in play. Or it could be the famous "unspecified violation of team rules."

There is no legal, moral, or ethical obligation of transparency or full disclosure here. We STILL don't know why Lindsey Harding had to sit out a year, and that's as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Or it could be the famous "unspecified violation of team rules"...We STILL don't know why Lindsey Harding had to sit out a year, and that's as it should be.
    I think that was reported as one of those, wasn't it?

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine