Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke vs. GaTech II Pre-Game and In-Game Thread (Tue, 2/18, 9:00 ACCN/E3)

Time to move on from the close win over Maryland. Duke travels to Atlanta to play the Jackets Tuesday. The game in Cameron was fairly tough, with Daniel Miller having a very good game for Tech, but both teams have changed a lot in the weeks since the.

No disrespect to Tech, but consider some things:

1. They are 2-4 in their last 6 games.
    2. They haven't beaten a ranked opponent all year.
    3. We beat them by 22 in Cameron 6 weeks ago.
    4. Virginia beat them by 19 at Tech a week ago.

I hope the team takes Tech seriously and focuses, because winning on the road in the ACC is never a gimme. :::cough Clemson cough ND cough::: But this would be a hard loss to explain.

Robert Carter is back for Georgia Tech. Will be interesting to see how we rebound against him and Miller together. Hopefully we have a good showing on the boards after not a good showing against Maryland.

Something to check on is Trae Golden's status leading into this game. He has missed 2 of the past 3 games with groin issues.

I'll weigh in with the Atlanta perspective...

After having to cancel classes twice already during this semester due to snow and ice, I gotta think that Tech classes are moving at an accelerated pace at this point. I wonder if that will affect the home crowd. If you have a choice between studying for a calculus test and watching your team possibly get slaughtered by Duke, I wonder which option some of the Tech students would choose.

We can use all the help we can get during this brutal stretch. A less than Duke-level home crowd at Tech would be nice.

Any idea where I can see this online? I'm in Jacksonville, FL and don't see it listed on any of the local stations.

Whether the tech students are working on an accelerating schedule this week or not, because their boys will be playing Duke. I look for them to take a break from all that catching up to attend the game.

I hope our boys don't let this game turn into another maryland but like the originator of this thread stated, it's time to move on from that game!

Go Duke Blue

Quote Originally Posted by devilnfla View Post
    Any idea where I can see this online? I'm in Jacksonville, FL and don't see it listed on any of the local stations.
    Game is listed as being on the ACC network...surprised one of the FLA stations doesn't carry it.
    If they don't, a person (or bar) who subscribes to ESPN's FULL COURT should be able to get it I would think.

It is carried on Channel 65 in Orlando, an independent which carries ACC network games normally.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    From the WatchESPN blackout map, you should be fine to watch on ESPN3 in Jacksonville (unless my Florida geography is off).

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    From the WatchESPN blackout map, you should be fine to watch on ESPN3 in Jacksonville (unless my Florida geography is off).
    Duke is on in Baltimore. DC market (via Comcast for me in MoCo) is showing Va-VaTech, instead. I can't be sure from the map if we're blacked out or not. I'm hoping not, anyway.

-jk

The best thing that can happen tomorrow is

No one gets hurt (minor or major)
    The team gets ahead early and stays ahead big
    No one plays over 25 minutes
    Going 10 deep

Of course it will still be good with no injuries and more than 8 point win.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBlueDevil View Post
    Whether the tech students are working on an accelerating schedule this week or not, because their boys will be playing Duke. I look for them to take a break from all that catching up to attend the game.

I hope our boys don't let this game turn into another maryland but like the originator of this thread stated, it's time to move on from that game!

Go Duke Blue
    I'm with SirBlue. Taking 2 hours out of studying to see Duke and dream of a possible upset is the way every Tech student will approach tomorrow night. The Triller Dome ain;t what it used to be back when Bobby Cremins was coaching, but any road game is a hard game.

This is a great stretch for Duke: Md, @GTech, @UNC, 'Cuse and @VTech in 10 days. We might not win all of them, but it will certainly help prep us for the quick turnarounds in the ACC and NCAA's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    I've tried using WatchESPN before and was not successful. I have Direct TV and internet with Comcast. Not sure what I need to use Watch ESPN?

Here is the list of stations for reference (the ACC is trying to break its own records for slowness I think):
    http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail...2-15-14_prj7z9

Here is the blackout map so you don't need to click the link:

Here are your options depending on where you fall on the map:

Black:
    Local TV station from above list
    The ACC Website (for me this has generally worked pretty well, usually even better than ESPN3)

Green:
    Local TV station from above list
    ESPN FullCourt
    ESPN3
    The ACC Website

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    The best thing that can happen tomorrow is

No one gets hurt (minor or major)
    The team gets ahead early and stays ahead big
    No one plays over 25 minutes
    Going 10 deep

Of course it will still be good with no injuries and more than 8 point win.
    I would say that the chances of no one playing over 25 minutes are nil. Considering Josh and Semi didn't hit the court at all during the last game, and Marshall's minutes were reigned in despite some really nice play, I would say 10 deep is a stretch too. I'm just trying to be realistic. This is an ACC road game.

I've tried using WatchESPN before and was not successful. I have Direct TV and internet with Comcast. Not sure what I need to use Watch ESPN?
    You can't use WatchESPN with DirecTV. It's not one of the authorized providers. Which sucks. I'm in the same boat.

Anyone else ready to see a deeper bench again? From the eye test, we seem to be regressing to the pre hockey style line changes. There are realistically 10 different line ups we could play to keep the other team guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockt10 View Post
    Anyone else ready to see a deeper bench again? From the eye test, we seem to be regressing to the pre hockey style line changes. There are realistically 10 different line ups we could play to keep the other team guessing.
    I think if we are going to see it again, it's going to be on Tuesday. We've still been going pretty deep into the bench, but just not all at once. I think it's safe to say we'll see a little more of Marshall, and Matt Jones has been really solid, Thornton and Sulaimon have just been better.

We're still running a 9 man rotation most games with Parker, Jefferson, Hood, Thornton, Sulaimon, Q, Dre, Jones, Marshall, with bits of Josh. The minute distribution is more skewed than in the line-change games, but that's to be expected. Even if guys get 2-3 more minutes of rest a game, it's immensely helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakane View Post
    I'm with SirBlue. Taking 2 hours out of studying to see Duke and dream of a possible upset is the way every Tech student will approach tomorrow night. The Triller Dome ain't what it used to be back when Bobby Cremins was coaching, but any road game is a hard game.

This is a great stretch for Duke: Md, @GTech, @UNC, 'Cuse and @VTech in 10 days. We might not win all of them, but it will certainly help prep us for the quick turnarounds in the ACC and NCAA's.
    I promise I'll be the Trillest person there tomorrow in my Cameron Crazies shirt. That is unless Jay Bilas is calling the game.

Anyone else going to the game?

An unexpected treat. A friend of mine who works at a radio station just gave me a pair of tickets for the game. This will be my first chance this season to see the Blue Devils play--basketball that is (went to the bowl game). Any other Duke Blue in the sea of Tech Gold? I'll be in Section 106.